Interesting...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sleep Over Jack

Refugee
I found this quote from Bill Flanagan on another site from some interview he did:

"five rock and roll songs at least as good as "Hold Me, Thrill Me.." were removed from the album (Zooropa) by the band in order to make a more cohesive artistic statement."

Any ideas as to what these songs may be? I'd have to think Discotheque, Gone would be candidates and the stilll-unheard She's Gonna Blow Your House Down"..I find it very interesting that he puts these songs on the HMTMKMKM level..I wonder how the already excellent Zooropa album would have benefitted from these songs..:huh:

Sleep Over Jack said:
I found this quote from Bill Flanagan on another site from some interview he did:

"five rock and roll songs at least as good as "Hold Me, Thrill Me.." were removed from the album (Zooropa) by the band in order to make a more cohesive artistic statement."

Any ideas as to what these songs may be? I'd have to think Discotheque, Gone would be candidates and the stilll-unheard She's Gonna Blow Your House Down"..I find it very interesting that he puts these songs on the HMTMKMKM level..I wonder how the already excellent Zooropa album would have benefitted from these songs..:huh:

Shes gonna blow your house down was on the Axtung Baby outtakes and is SUPERB. I remember reading that Hold Me Thrill Me was left off cos it had too much guitar init.

i love my heavy U2, I'm disappointed to read that they took out some stuff. I would have liked a few more heavy songs and possibly remove Some Days are Better Than Others....

perhaps it was Mofo.....

What are those songs on zooropa cover?
Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me
If god will send his angels
and what other

Back
Top Bottom