Infinite guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
I think edge needs to break out the infinite guitar again sure I guess there isnt much you can do with it but he is realy ther pioneer of the instrument and doesnt he own one of the 2 made I would like to hear him experiment with it a little more maybe as just a backing sound.

The sound I want to come back as a backing sound is the synth sound used in The First Time.

Don't need the guitar anymore to achieve the efftct...it's in pedal form now.

Would be interesting to see him use it on a future song.

Yeah, I liked the infinite guitar because it was sort of uncontrollable, so it yielded unexpected results. Seems like Edge is relying pretty heavily on his long-delayed shimmer effect, which he controls pretty effortlessly.

I don't know - did he just use the e-bow on the JT WOWY?

Hasn't he have a special guitar for WOWY since Pop - a Fender of some sort. I always thought that was a version of the infinite guitar.

If that is the sustained note on WOWY you're referring to, then absolutely he should use it more often! :combust:

gman said:
Wasnt the "infinite guitar" the brain child of Michael Brook with whom Edge did the Captive sound track with?

Yes. I guess that guy is even more of a scientist than even Edge.

ahittle said:
I don't know - did he just use the e-bow on the JT WOWY?

Hasn't he have a special guitar for WOWY since Pop - a Fender of some sort. I always thought that was a version of the infinite guitar.

I thought he did yes, and on vertigo I think it was a fender retro rocket strat with built in infinite sustain... :hmm: not sure tho...

I think it was a Fernandez on Elevation and Vertigo tours.

On WOWY on Rattle and Hum you can see some kind of infinite guitar being used there. ZooTV he was using an EBow

No spoken words said:
"The sustain, listen to it."

"I don't hear anything."

"Well you would though, if it were playing."

Don't touch it, don't even look at it.

kingofsorrow said:
ok heres a question. is the "infinite guitar" a regular guitar with different parts? or is it a whole different beast?

I think it is a guitar that has a small speaker in the back pick-up position. So it would create a feedback loop on the guitar itself.

mandrake said:
I think it was a Fernandez on Elevation and Vertigo tours.

On WOWY on Rattle and Hum you can see some kind of infinite guitar being used there. ZooTV he was using an EBow

You're right! it's a fernandez retrorocket with infinite sustain.... my memory failed me there :lol: I always tag my pics with a lot of info, and you're absolutely correct!
edgewowyfernandesretrorrs3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom