I'M BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
Would anyone else agree that Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me is one of the most underrated U2 songs of all time? This song kicks ass! I wonder if it would have been given more credit if it had been on an album.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

img11a.jpg

Yes, I agree.

Now get off the coffee table Cookie, and come to bed. You're scaring the little crumbs again.

PS-That pic is going to give me nightmares.
eek.gif

------------------
Angel in devil's shoes
Salvation in the blues

Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

~*April*~ (AIM-POPLemonGirl)

[This message has been edited by LarryMullen's_POPAngel (edited 10-24-2001).]

i think it worked perefectly because it gave them a hit during that long gap between Zooropa and Pop

actually I wonder what people would have said about Pop if they had saved it as the 1st single... but then that may have changed things all around and altered how U2 recorded during their last sessions, point is, things have worked out for the best and I still think Pop is highly under-rated and misconstrued

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Yes, I agree.

Now get off the coffee table Cookie, and come to bed. You're scaring the little crumbs again.

HAHA!

That reminds me of my old sig: "Jim! Put your shirt back on! Your scaring all chicks away!"

------------------

I always hear the same comment about that song from non U2 fans..

"thats a U2 song?!!"

------------
Bebe:
Bono's Dancing Queen

[This message has been edited by zooropamanda (edited 10-25-2001).]

I dont think the studio version sounds very U2 to start with...but its GREAT! as for the live version...well im not gonna bother trying to say how great it is...speaks for itself
smile.gif

Better song than Kiss From a Rose anyday!

Bono's orgasm sounds at the end are unbeatable.
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I do think that it is one of the most underrated. I love that song!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Cookie, I want a divorce. I'm taking the young crumbs and the Coronas with me. All this jumping on coffee tables pretending to be some middle-aged man wearing a mask and a cape is frightening them, and they always ask me why Daddy is so scary. I'll let you have the cookies.

------------------
Angel in devil's shoes
Salvation in the blues

Originally posted by brettig:
Better song than Kiss From a Rose anyday!

Amen! I can't stand that song!!

I do love HMTMKMKM (hehe) that song makes me want to *hug* my fiance!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Midnight is where the day begins..."

Cookie, I want a divorce. I'm taking the young crumbs and the Coronas with me. All this jumping on coffee tables pretending to be some middle-aged man wearing a mask and a cape is frightening them, and they always ask me why Daddy is so scary. I'll let you have the cookies.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was the goddamn funniest post I have seen in a long time(besides my posts of course)!

------------------

BWAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I was gonna write
"To the batmobile!" when i saw the title-i didn't know you were talking about the song.

------------------
"That's why i still love playing live in a rock'n'roll band. There's just this feeling of this thing could just about do anything..." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

Originally posted by mikal:
I'M BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you. And I'm the easter bunny. Run along home now, and try to get a lot of sleep.

In preparation of the holidays...

Jingle Bells, Batman smells,
Robin layed an egg..

wink.gif

*Thursday afternoons are so boring.. teehee*

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Good for you. And I'm the easter bunny. Run along home now, and try to get a lot of sleep.
Skeek, I love you more every day

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

To the Beemobile!
You mean your Chevy?
...Yes.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Originally posted by mikal:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was the goddamn funniest post I have seen in a long time(besides my posts of course)!

Aww...I love you, Cookie. Let's get a babysitter tonight.
wink.gif

(And one for the kiddies too.)
tongue.gif

------------------
Angel in devil's shoes
Salvation in the blues

Hold Me Thrill Me was the first song that made me realize just how versatile U2 could be. These guys could explore the wicked side of rock and do it with excellence.

Think about the timing. The song came out right after Zooropa, which is a trippy sonic experiment in itself. Even though the song was made at the time of the Zooropa recordings, it sounds fairly different than anything on that album. Maybe a few riffs in Dirty Day sound along the same lines, but that is about it.

Summer 1995. Bang, Batman Forever is coming out. And out of nowhere came this scintillating, wicked, vicious, devastating guitar riff...which oscillates to create a sound I have never heard before or since. And then they drop the hammer and take you into a symphony of darkness. I listened to that song on repeat throughout the summer (every day!). I never got tired of it. The distorted vocals are classic Achtung Era and the lyrics are wonderfully sarcastic and satirical, like a rant from hell.

Hold Me Thrill Me is a song that will stand for all time. Period.

AJ

i remember back in 1995 after hearing the single, i was hoping that U2's next album would have that sound.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Back
Top Bottom