I was listening to Zooropa today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Almost his best record for singing. Four things make Joshua Tree his best record for singing, and Zooropa second.

Those 4 things are:

Red Hill Mining Town

bonos voice on the wanderer is amazing

when you compare it to lemon its impressive to here the diversity of his voice

Bono's voice during ZooTV is phenomenal. I love everything they're doing these days, but damn, to hear Lemon in 2005 would be incredible (and, sadly, impossible).

Zooropa=:drool:

If you wanna get into this album, listen to it every night as you fall asleep. It's the perfect bed-time album, and that's not an insult in any way.

His voice was definitely great on this. Not only could he go high and sing techinically well (I think) on Lemon, etc, but his voice was really an instrument on this album, see: Dirty Day.

I'm not gonna start explaining how much I love the album in general or we'll be here all night.:drool:

Chizip said:
bonos voice on the wanderer is amazing

when you compare it to lemon its impressive to here the diversity of his voice
Yeah, he really kicks ass on "Numb" too.
VertigoGal said:
If you wanna get into this album, listen to it every night as you fall asleep. It's the perfect bed-time album, and that's not an insult in any way.
I left with nothing
Nothing but the thought of you
I went wandering...

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP...

Last edited:
typhoon said:

I left with nothing
I went wandering...

I had iTunes cut the track off after the end of the song instead of the DJ alarm bit. Now I can sleep in peace! :drool:

Bono is brilliant on Zooropa but i would say the album he shines brightest on is All That You Can't Leave Behind

I think vocally Achtung Baby was Bono's high point, but that said, Lemon is sheer briliance. I really do miss the days of the soaring falsetto.

typhoon said:

I left with nothing
I went wandering...

LOL:lol:

I completely forgot about that! Well, in my defense it does stop after a while (right?), so if you're a sound sleeper like me you shouldn't have a problem! I'm usually out by Lemon/Stay anyway...:drool:

Back
Top Bottom