I got the Popmart DVD!!!!! Screenshots, information!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
This morning the Popmart dvd came in my mail :)

Well, I can tell you that this is a much more intrestting dvd then ZooTV. Very intressting bonus material. If you want to ask something about the dvd just ask :)

Sound
They have done a god job just like on the ZooTV.

Picture
Good, but if you got a good plasma or LCD there is a some pixles in the picture. But I can live with it :)

Bonus material
Wow! You thougth you have seen the Sarajevo documentary? This one is longer :) With more clips from the show, WTSHNN is one of them :)

I come back with more information.

Here is some pictures:

disc 1 :
w w w.send space.com/file/c0ylch

disc 2 bonus disc:
http://www. .com/file/3wpwhw

pictures on the discs:

w w w.send space.com/file/03on61

Attachments

• vlcsnap-38800.jpg
    vlcsnap-38800.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
I have a question: how long are the documentaries on the second disc ? Short like the documentaries on Zoo TV DVD or longer ?

You're a lucky guy! :up: Hope you're write some review soon, also I have one request- could you post all the pics on send space for non-premium members? Thanks a lot in advance!

One more question- how's the Edmonton footage? From what I've seen, watching the 1 cam pro-shot video, it seemed to be an average concert. Does it deserves in your opinion to be on the bonus disc?

U2girl said:
I have a question: how long are the documentaries on the second disc ? Short like the documentaries on Zoo TV DVD or longer ?

lemon doc 5 min
Sarajevo doc nearly 8 min
A Tour Of The Tour nearly 14 min
Last Night On Earth - One Day In Kansas just over 4 min
PopMart Tour Visuals Montage 18 min

Zooropean103 said:
You're a lucky guy! :up: Hope you're write some review soon, also I have one request- could you post all the pics on send space for non-premium members? Thanks a lot in advance!

I can fix that later :)
Im going to listen to the whole two discs carefully in some hours :)

Zooropean103 said:
One more question- how's the Edmonton footage? From what I've seen, watching the 1 cam pro-shot video, it seemed to be an average concert. Does it deserves in your opinion to be on the bonus disc?

I think it deserves that, great quilaty and a great performences of One!

Peterrrrr said:
This morning the Popmart dvd came in my mail :)

Well, I can tell you that this is a much more intrestting dvd then ZooTV. Very intressting bonus material. If you want to ask something about the dvd just ask :)

Sound
They have done a god job just like on the ZooTV.

Picture
Good, but if you got a good plasma or LCD there is a some pixles in the picture. But I can live with it :)

Bonus material
Wow! You thougth you have seen the Sarajevo documentary? This one is longer :) With more clips from the show, WTSHNN is one of them :)

I come back with more information.

Here is some pictures:

disc 1 :
w w w.send space.com/file/c0ylch

disc 2 bonus disc:
http://www. .com/file/3wpwhw

pictures on the discs:

w w w.send space.com/file/03on61

WAY COOL!!! I cant wait to get this!!!:hyper:

Peterrrrr said:
vlcsnap38800el8.jpg

That is so freaking sexy :combust:

(yes, I reuploaded that just to post it, because apparently you can't quote attached images :lol: )

Packaging
The promo release is only a double jewelcase with disc 1(wich contains the show) and disc 2(bonus material).

Disc 1
The show start as all the other U2 dvd's, immediately after putting the disc in the player.

Picture
There is a real improvement on the picture compare to the vhs release. The picture are much
sharper and has much better colours. Seeing the dvd on a normal tv works very good. But if you have a very good Plasma/Lcd it is
easy to find pixles in the picture.

Sound
Well, here you will find a big difference from the vhs release. The options is PCM Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround and ofcourse
DTS 5.1 sourround.

The sound is very warm and and much clearer then the vhs. You can realy hear Bono's voice much better and clearer, wich was
a problem on the vhs.
The volume mix between music and crowd are excellent.

I think the vhs release didnt have the capacity to show how good the show was with the big screen on stage and the
sound techniques. It was an unfair release, but the dvd finally gives the show a fair presentation.

The show
This show is togheter with Rotterdam, Sarajevo and Santiago the best show on the tour. The band is on a very playfull mode.
The songs are very good played.
A lot of fans has been worried about Bono's voice on this show. For people who don't know
Bono had serious problem with his voice durning this tour. His voice is a bit weak on this one, but that makes the show even better.
He puts so much emotion to his singing durning the show.

The show starts with an amazing version of "Mofo", wich immediately drives the crowd
mad. The crowd are very good and loud on this show.
The versions on the songs from Pop on this show compare to the album
version is huge, a real improvement. You can hear it on "Gone", "Last Night On Earth", "Please"... The version on New Years Day
on this show is one of the best ever, Desire gets a very funny feel, Edge does an acustic version on Sunday Bloody Sunday and also sings the
whole song. On Bullet The Blue Sky Bono comes on stages with a military outfit and an umbrella with a Usa flag on it in his hand.
After that song one of the biggest highlights of the show starts, In the end of "Please" Bono starts to sing in a beautiful
falsetto and slowly the song shift into "Where The Streets Has No Name". After that the band goes of stage and a dance mix of
"Lemon" is playing in the speakers. The Lemon starts to move out over the crowd and then stops. Then the Lemon opens and U2 goes
down from the stage and starting play Discotheque. The version of "With Or Without You" is a very emotional one, mainly by Bono's
voice. Wich is weak on the song . Another emotional moment are the version of "One", the song is dedicated to Michael Hutchence from
INXS. Michael died just two weaks before this show. The songs ends with "Wake Up Dead Man"

Bonus disc

The menus on the Bonus disc got a very nice MART feel :)
The bonus material are very interesting.

Live shows

1997-07-18 - Rotterdam
On this show Bono's voice is very strong. Amazing versions of "Please", Where The Streets Has No Name" and "If You Wear That Velvet Dress".
But why didnt the dvd also contain the fantastic version of Staring At The Sun from the same show?

1997-06-14 - Edmonton
Only filmed with one camera? Good versions on Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, Mysterious Ways and a
excellent version of One. You can hear that this is more earlier in the tour on Bono. His voice is much more stable
and clearer on this show.

Documentaries:

Lemon For Sale
Commerical for the lemon :)

The Road To Sarajevo
This one is different from the the Documentary on the Best Of 90-00. It contains more footage from the Sarajevo concert.
The songs that are showed are Where The Streets Has No Name and Even Better The The Real Thing.

A Tour Of The Tour
Lead by Paul Paul mcguinness

Last Night On Earth
A Documentary about the making of the video to the song.

PopMart Tour Visuals Montage
A mix of fooatge and music from the tour.

This is one of the best dvd releases U2 have released yet.

Last edited:
Peterrrrr said:

Picture
There is a real improvement on the picture compare to the vhs release. The picture are much
sharper and has much better colours. Seeing the dvd on a normal tv works very good. But if you have a very good Plasma/Lcd it is
easy to find pixles in the picture.

Have they cleaned up that "Halo" effect in a lot of the shots? That is one of my pet peeves for the VHS version is the white Halo over everything... I think it has to do with the lighting on the tour as well...

Back
Top Bottom