How Many U2 bootlegs do you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JT

Mountains in a blue sky
Rock's Hottets Tickets
Leeds 7/1/87 *

LoveTown

New Year's Caoncert

Zoo TV

Wembley 1 (just the first half)
Dublin 93
Sydney

POPMart

Santiago 2/11/98

Elevation

Opening Night
Cleveland 5/3/01 *
Notredame (just half)

Vertigo

San diego Opening Night
Anaheim 1
Anaheim 2
Los Angeles 1
Chicago 4
Boston 2
Boston 3
Brussels European Opening Night

* gifts FOR friends (girls, of course :wink: )

I don't have very many. I'd love to get the older ones but don't have any way to trade with people, so I'm pretty much SOL because everyone wants a trade.

I've got

ZooTV:

Stockholm, 11 June 1992

Elevation tour:

South Bend, 10 October 2001
St. Louis, 28 November 2001

Vertigo tour:

Chicago 2, 9 May only have the first half though, would like the whole show because I was actually there

Chicago 4
Seattle 1
Vancouver 2
New York
Boston 2
Gelsenkirchen Germany, 12 June
London, 18 June (only part of the show)

I had maybe 6 or 7 until after the Elevation tour, when I discovered the Hub. Then I pretty much downloaded and shared whatever I could get my grubby little hands on.

I was really anal about it, putting everything onto music CDs and printing out the cover art and CD labels, and filing them chronologically in shoe boxes.

Then I realized I had more than I even wanted (some were pretty bad recordings), so I ditched those, and now still have two shoeboxes full.

Now that I have an iPod and can listen to them in a non-music-CD format, I throw two MP3 shows onto a disc to keep, which works better because I can fit two shows onto a CD, instead of 2 CDs for one show.

I'm always willing to share with whomever's looking for something, but I don't put myself out there for trading, because 90% of what I have is MP3 sourced.

Let's see ... I have about 100, plus whatever's been put online from the current tour (I haven't updated my list yet). Yowza!

Last edited:
I don't have any U2 boots, but I do have some from other bands. What I wonder is how often does everyone listen to them? I find I'll listen to each show once or maybe twice, but if it doesn't hold a special memory for me (or have something really funny or cool in it), that's pretty much it. Is that pretty much the case with most people, or am I weird?

It is fun to help newbies (to boot collecting) get started though...I'm one of the few people I know that doesn't require trades, especially for new people.

Back
Top Bottom