Happy 3rd Birthday, Bomb!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Earnie Shavers said:
City of Blinding Lights is a great song, just wish they'd got the mix right. :up:

I agree..... Seeing it live is when U realize how brilliant this song is. The guitar gets SO drowned out by the keyboard in the album version.

Great album. For me, it's up there with their best. I've always suspected that people who don't like it we're consciously trying NOT to like it. I will never understand why people in this community write essays about how great Pop is (I... uh... agree to disagree, to put it as mildly as I can), and Bomb gets shit on. Nice to see a thread going the other way for a change.

I do agree with what Bono says about it. Song for song, it's their best album but for some reason, parts are greater than the sum. Either way, I think they perfected the "pop song" stage of their career and I'm looking forward to them fucking things up and going to another planet on the next release. They're due for a left turn, creatively and from what they're saying in the press, I think they're aware of this.

I still really enjoy this album. I don't think there is much from U2 I don't love but it was nice seeing them come out and do a great record so far into their career.
But 3 yrs?! Wow, time marches on...

The most fantastic with the albuym wasnt the album for it self, it was the tour. The songs went better.

But the songs I think still is intressting for the next tour

- Vertigo
One of the best live songs in getting the crowd mad

- SYCMIOYO
with more opera in it

- LPOE
with Bono pushing his voice more in the song

- AMAAW
havent been played yet

- OSC
Would be beautiful if they do iy right live

- OOTS
Would be even better now when Bono's voice in in topshape

- Yahweh
Fullband

- Fast cars
funny song

I don't see any reasons for them to play the other songs:

- COBL
Good song, but I don't think they can do much more with it live then they did on Vertigo tour.

- MD
Didnt work live

- CFYT and ABOY
Most booring songs on the whole album

Last edited:
Happy 3 yrs! :lock:

I think I list it 2nd to AB for myself, with JT being 3rd.
and I love POP, too, ?4th? War- 5th. ; )

COBL still gives me shivers :drool:....i sing it alot in my house!:lol:
It's actually my favorite or second favorite U2 song....battles with The 3 Sunrises.
Beauty & soaringness win out over hot sexiness - but not by
much since EBTTRT is my 3rd fave :D

ok back to HUTDUB..........

Love Vertigo - it really works well live right after COBL. Like a "two-punch" opener. I was "oh, wow, oh wow!"
I love ABOY -- it's U2 doing The Who {who I love}. :D

Love Yahweh, and yes it NEEDS to be full-out electric, next time!
:reject: DID they play Crumbs....(only a few rare times)? Would have LOVED yo have heard that.
I really love MD on the album, and liked it even more live.
I'm not sure <waits for brickbats> that LAPOE worked as well as I thought it would live-- in total, parts did. :hmm::huh:

I think AMAAW - since Bono has said he sometimes feels like Punk AND Sinatra-- this is the closest to a Sinatra type song they've gotten to. I like lots.

Sometimes I get tired of Sometimes" but it's quite a song.

OOTS is not my fav by a long shot....i've gotten used to it over time. I find it too Beatlesque (and I AM an original Beatles fan :ohmy: ). It's like.....i dunno...... U2 is U2...they don't have to....but maybe they wanted to.
I never got to read anything about the song musically other than the lyrics part.

One STep......someone wrote very Velvet Undergroundish....amd i thot yeah, i get that. It ...the words tho, some times creep me out.

anyway...........YAY U2! :yippie:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom