Great version of With or Without You by little kid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's really impressive, especially for someone his age to be playing on an acoustic guitar.

Hope, that it's only my transmission rate – but the (beautiful) sound of the single notes obviously doesn't go together with what this kid is doing on guitar. He hast different grips for same sounds, grips, that can't reach these high/low notes; at least for the same notes sould be the same grips, hm :eyebrow:
Don't want to steal the next Mozart away, but might some better guitar player than me control this?

he is not playing the lead guitar parts. look at his fingers he is playing all the rhythm section. and his father is a musician and he is playing the lead parts. go look at his cover of "more than words".
the kid is good but not all you hear is coming from the little boy.

shaun vox said:
he is not playing the lead guitar parts. look at his fingers he is playing all the rhythm section. and his father is a musician and he is playing the lead parts. go look at his cover of "more than words".

You sure about that ? everything I've heard about this kid seems legit but i guess you never know.

shaun vox said:
he is not playing the lead guitar parts. look at his fingers he is playing all the rhythm section.

No way. I know someone who can play like this. It's not impossible at all. Not all of his fingers are playing rhythm, just look closer.

ALso just watched his More Than Words. It's even MORE obvious that it's all him on that one. He is one talented kid, at 11.

Last edited:
shaun vox said:

*looks at the judge's table*

I'm sorry, but that is incorrect. :wink:

Look at the kid's fretwork and his ring and pinky fingers - he is playing it all.

gvox said:

No way. I know someone who can play like this. It's not impossible at all. Not all of his fingers are playing rhythm, just look closer.

ALso just watched his More Than Words. It's even MORE obvious that it's all him on that one. He is one talented kid, at 11.

Once again you show your unability to disuss here:

1. We talk about a certain person kid giving the impression to play all the (crystal clear recorded) sounds of WOWY on his own.
2. Obviously this is not correct, because you see the kid's hand playing sonical identical 'lead parts' on complete opposite areas of the guitar. Which means, that it's not played that way by himself. This, friends, is a fact, when you have eyes to look at.
3. Now there's an explanation by somebody who mentions the father playing the additional parts.

Now you deny all this by talking about "somebody you know", who could play this. Hm, okay, but that's absolutely of no use for the arguments above. It has nothing to do with the kid's performance at all. Why? I know somebody, too: He's called 'The Edge' – but also this has nothing to do with the kid ...

Diemen said:

*looks at the judge's table*

I'm sorry, but that is incorrect. :wink:

Look at the kid's fretwork and his ring and pinky fingers - he is playing it all.

Nope, I don't think so. Listen to the famous shimmering high notes – and see the complete opposite grips he has on the low part of the neck ...

sorry i take that back i had a closer look but on more than words i dont hink he is id toesnt look like he is... ermm actually i think ur wrong zootvtourist sorry i was on ur side at first but ive changed my mind

Last edited:
you need alot of finger power to pull all that off and that kid has baby fingers(he is a kid) and not to mention all those crazy stretches.there are notes on the guitar the kid can-not reach reach. again the human eye can be fooled easily.
the kid can play. but someone else is playing over him.

ZOOTVTOURist said:

Nope, I don't think so. Listen to the famous shimmering high notes – and see the complete opposite grips he has on the low part of the neck ...

With all due respect, it doesn't sound like you know much if anything about the style he is using to play. It's all him. There are many others like him on youtube. Look up the guy he says is his idol, then you'll understand. It's definitely all him.

shaun vox said:
you need alot of finger power to pull all that off and that kid has baby fingers(he is a kid) and not to mention all those crazy stretches.there are notes on the guitar the kid can-not reach reach. again the human eye can be fooled easily.
the kid can play. but someone else is playing over him.

That's like saying that my 12 year old can't hit 3 pointers like an NBA player. Yet he can.

He is doing the stretches, its plain to see it, even more so obvious on More Than Words. He even hestitates on some of them and ever so slightly loses his timing...are you saying that he is 'finger-syncing' or something? :huh:

ZOOTVTOURist said:

Once again you show your unability to disuss here:

There is absolutely no need to be rude about it.

2. Obviously this is not correct, because you see the kid's hand playing sonical identical 'lead parts' on complete opposite areas of the guitar. Which means, that it's not played that way by himself. This, friends, is a fact, when you have eyes to look at.

Again with the rudeness. Also, I completely disagree with your assessment. Many of the lead guitar notes are not higher than the rhythm, but are in fact contained within the rhythm chords, which is why you don't see him stretching in places. When they are higher, I can follow his fretwork perfectly fine.

In addition, if someone else is playing the lead parts, they are playing it in a very disjointed fashion, almost as if they're also playing the rhythm along with it.

3. Now there's an explanation by somebody who mentions the father playing the additional parts.

Yes, with absolutely no evidence to back that statement up.

^ looks like the original response was deleted, but I see the gist of it from your response Diemen.

Some people just can't see past their own limitations, I guess. There are plenty of amazing kids out there who can skate circles around adults in certain things, and this kid is definitely one of them. :up:

MadelynIris said:
The sound might have been recorded at a different time

I could consider that a very remote possibility (in or about the 1-3% probability range), but highly doubt it, as I don't see the point of trying to decieve anyone, there's nothing to gain by doing that as a rising star, and everything to lose.

Watch Come Together, it's sheer brilliance, really

gvox said:
Some people just can't see past their own limitations, I guess. There are plenty of amazing kids out there

Once again, you miss the sense of a discussion:

1. There is a beautiful sound of WOWY recorded as audio.
2. There is a (talented) kid playing the guitar on video.
3. Some people here and myself think, that all the sounds together might not come from a live performance, so as a video they might not come from the kid live 100%.
4. Whether a father, the kid or who else might have pre-recorded parts, is not important.
5. Even less important is your point, that there are more talented kids outside. This is, what we all know, and has nothing to do with the video and the discussion.

So there still is the fact: It remains the doubt, that all this on the video is happening live. That's all.
:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom