Got a heart attack (well sort of)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ishkash

War Child
guess what just saw some of the clips from Elevation tour.Boy o Boy you guys are having a treat or what.The energy that U2 is generating can make the earth rotate an inch.What the best part is that they're doing it in their 40s.My U2 live experience is nil, but judging from the videos (if I can do that) Elevation tour has the energy of the Red Rocks.

When I say I like U2, I mean everything from A-Z or Boy-ATYCLB, but Elevation Tour and ATYCLB is something really special.

Cherish the shows while you can

------------------
THNIK

The goal is Sheol
wink.gif

I totally agree. I think U2 is rockin harder than they ever have and I'm lovin every minute of it!

ZoumZoumZeng1341ok.gif

------------------
Sicilian Women Are More Dangerous Than Shotguns

My Website

I think what ATYCLB and Elevation tour has done, is giving a balance to the extremes.I really enjoyed the wizardary of ZOOTV and POPmart,it was a very intellectual thing for a rock band to do,I compare it with the rebelliousness of punk and other genres of rock.While the other bands were doing thier "recycling" the old rock T shirts, U2 on the other hand were opening new portals for this particular genre of music.Now U2 has made (atleast they're the first ones) to look beyond the rock manual written in the 60's.

Now with Elevation, the picture of just Bono,The Edge, Adam and Larry is enough to counter the extremes (then novelty) of POP and ZOO.I liked the chaos, but calm is even more grandiose.

------------------
THNIK

i know!!!
i also have yet to see U2 live, but i saw bits of Elevation tour on TV and ... i LOVE the energy! you can just feel it, even though you aren't there in person.

------------------
"touch me, take me to that other place,
teach me, love, i know i'm not a hopeless case" - Beautiful day

"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

"and you can find your own way out"-Acrobat

Back
Top Bottom