For those not visiting Pleba...Bono got his hair cut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:huh: I prefer Bono with long black hair, beard shaved..... that's how he looks the best.....

But I guess it means that maybe the Tour is cancelled..... no? He never cut his hair in the middle of a Tour, he has to keep the same "image" for the whole Tour. It's just my opinion, and I really hope that I'm wrong!

Axver said:
Adam engaging another woman: not popular or wanted by the many Adam lovers who believed that one day, Adam would log onto PLEBA, see their love for him, and propose marriage via e-mail or PM.
:madwife: It still might happen!!1; ADAM I'LL WAIT FOR U!!!1one

:uhoh:

:wink:

Meghan said:
Looks really good, younger than he's looked all tour despite the more obvious hair loss.

Still, when the stubble doesn't match the hair, it stops being sexy.

What do you mean?

In terms of length or color?

Yahweh_OMG said:
:huh: I prefer Bono with long black hair, beard shaved..... that's how he looks the best.....

But I guess it means that maybe the Tour is cancelled..... no? He never cut his hair in the middle of a Tour, he has to keep the same "image" for the whole Tour. It's just my opinion, and I really hope that I'm wrong!

Think PopMart......bald Bono. Anyway, I doubt the hair he had going on for the Vertigo tour was 100% his own so he could always get it back, go in for another dye job, and slather on that grease :barf:

:drool:
Wow, I feel like I'm back in my old PLEBA days
:combust:

The old rock star look is gone! His long hair attempting to look young and rockerish was making him look old. But this is fantastic :drool: :drool:

Mmmkay...back to my homeostasis...I'm beginning to boil

He has two litttle boys...he should continue dying his hair. He's only in his 40's...not 60's

He looks great in short hair. He has such a great face.

Utoo said:
Definitely a :up:. He looks younger with the shorter hair. For some reason, the long stuff made him look like an old guy trying too hard...

I think so too...

Man I just got my hair cut and it looks exactely the same. we have different "sun"glasses though :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
:shh: don't bring up the plugs... the plebans will smite you.

:lol: and I am a PLEBAn. Oh well, I know what I saw: I met Bono in 2002 and he had a bald spot and very thinning, graying hair. Then I meet him in 2006 and he has thick, full, black hair. Hmmmmm.... :wink:

Yahweh_OMG said:

I AGREE! :combust:

s it means that maybe the Tour is cancelled..... no? He never cut his hair in the middle of a Tour, he has to keep the same "image" for the whole Tour. It's just my opinion, and I really hope that I'm wrong!

Hold on, those rescheduled dates are for November- he's got plenty of time to grow it out long again by then :rockon: :flirt: *hopes and dreams* :cute:

Maybe he only did this to get rid of the brittle dyed part and let it grow out healthy again :shrug:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:lol: and I am a PLEBAn. Oh well, I know what I saw: I met Bono in 2002 and he had a bald spot and very thinning, graying hair. Then I meet him in 2006 and he has thick, full, black hair. Hmmmmm.... :wink:

When I met him in 1996, he already had a good sized bald spot on the back of his head...when it was gone during Popmart, I wondered how they did that! Rest of his head looked good though. :drool:

Seriously, people think I'm exaggerating (about the differences I observed with my own eyes), and the one time I posted the pictures I took as proof (you could CLEARLY see the thinning hair and bald spots), the entirety of PLEBA took it as an assault against Bono's soul or something. :huh:

Honestly, I couldn't care less whether he stayed long and black, or natural and short. I wouldn't think twice if he just stopped fussing with his hair altogether and went grayish/balding. Bono, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

After all, it's just HAIR. My dad has the weirdest cut, a big bald spot on the back of his head, and patches of gray hair and black hair, but I still love him unconditionally! :wink:

Bono looks SO much better with his hair short like this!

Whatever style he was going for during the Vertigo Tour was just awful...worst haircut in a long time.

I wouldn't think twice if he just stopped fussing with his hair altogether and went grayish/balding.

Passengers era look is the way to go.

The long hair was just looking stupid on him.

And everyone knows it's not his.

Pop Artist said:

When I met him in 1996, he already had a good sized bald spot on the back of his head...when it was gone during Popmart, I wondered how they did that! Rest of his head looked good though. :drool:

They (reportedly) used a product called Toppik... which is one of those spray on hair jobs....

I have actually heard several times that if you apply it right it works well for bald spots...

kennerado said:
well this kills the bald rumours hehe.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

not really...

Don't be too quick there, young'un. ;)

I had a dear friend (sadly, she passed on from cancer a few years ago - was my age too :sad: ) who worked in the hair replacement business (for men and women). So I learned a lot about baldness and treatments from her and from general reading.

A whopping 80% of men suffer some degree of hair loss. Even those who might have had a full head of hair in their 20's can suddenly find receding hairlines and bald spots in their early 30's. Many women also suffer hair loss. For some, it's genetic, but for other woman, pregnancy or menopause (i.e., dramatic changes in hormonal balance) will cause it.

If you look closely, the early signs of Bono's thinning hair were already present by JT (with a very slight recession). Bono is almost 46 and still has a pretty full head of hair - with really only his hairline receding/thinning. The same is also true for Larry. His hairline has also receded (especially around the temples), which is made more obvious by Larry's current hairstyle. Only Adam kept all his hair - and he is prematurely gray. I guess superfame did go to U2's heads after all. :lol:

Baldness also is attributed to both the father and the mother, not just the mother, as was thought for a while. One look at Bono's father provides some information.

Therefore, given his age and genetics, I'd say Bono is doing much better than expected.

As for the pics... At times, Bono's recent longer hair looked rather good - but only if he kept it dark (I'm not a fan of that auburn color unless it's short) and not slicked back to his head. This shorter hair look works on him too. However, I wouldn't get my hopes up about a "return to 'Pop'" or any other future album signs because of it. :sexywink:

Oh well, I know what I saw: I met Bono in 2002 and he had a bald spot and very thinning, graying hair. Then I meet him in 2006 and he has thick, full, black hair. Hmmmmm....

Pop Artist said:

:eyebrow: :scratch: :confused:

PopMart Bono had short hair throughout the tour. There was no signs of a bald spot - and this would be tough to hide then. Additionally, Bono wore his hair shorter during the Elevation tour in 2000 and again, no bald spot.

Covering agents (redhill mentioned Toppik) only work when there is some hair there. In other words, they thicken a thinning spot or can help cover one's roots (for example, a woman might use these products between dye jobs) by binding to existing hair, but they cannot suddenly make "hair appear" (for a humorous example of this, see Jason Alexander's character in "Shallow Hal" :wink: ). If these products were applied to a bald scalp, they would fall off (especially when Bono is performing).

As for transplants, this takes hair from the back of the head and places it on top. This is surgery and would result in scarring - even from the best doctors. No such signs of scarring have been visible (especially when Bono shaved his head). As for Bono wearing a toupee, if he was, we wouldn't be able to see his hairline like we do, nor would his hairline be thinning.

In other words, based on the endless photos of Bono, I find no proof to substantiate any claims of bald spots, toupees, surgery or covering agents. And new pictures, like the ones shown in this thread, counter all of those by showing that Bono's hair has receded, but that's about it.

It is odd how every tour, even way back during the ZOO TV days, I would read discussions about Bono's supposed baldness and hair. I wonder if Michael Stipe ever had this type of fanfare over his locks. :wink:

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
And I do think this topic is relevant in EYKIW. After all band image has always been important in U2's career.

I completely agree. People are lying if they don't think the band's image matters. Zoo TV, anyone? Can you honestly say that Bono's hairstyle (even Larry's) this tour hasn't been just a little bit embarassing? I think it has. (Again, see the photo that was posted). I guess one could just close their eyes during a TV performance or interview and refuse to acknowledge Larry's greasy mullet. LOL.

That's why I'm so glad he cut the hair. It's not like this thread has turned into an OMGZ!111-obsessive-fangirly post-a-thon - then there would be more than enough reason to bitch about the topic being discussed here.

bout time the bloody hippy got a hair cut

i havnt looked through all of the responses so forgive me if somebody else has already mentioned this but did anyone notice thats T-bone Burnett standing behind Bono in the second photo?

does anybody know where the shots where taken???

redhill said:

What do you mean?

In terms of length or color?
I meant colour. Hair, beard, body hair, pubes, eyebrows and eyelashes should all be the same colour.

This reminds me of a karate instructer who has naturally blonde hair, dark brown/black eyebrows and (apparently) red pubes.

Earnie Shavers said:

Passengers era look is the way to go.

Talk about looking OLD! That was his absolute worst! The shaved hair, pointy devil beard, blind glasses and old golf man cap, tweed jacket, egads! :yikes: :no:

The long hair was just looking stupid on him.

I couldn't disagree more.

also, SPaceOddity: how were Bono's and Larry's looks 'embarrassing?' They looked great to a lot of us. Adam looked the oldest since he had the shaved gray hair. I really can't understand how so many of you think Bono looked old when he didn't. But he does now! Larry, don't even touch him. He was beautiful on this tour! :heart:

Bono's hair can grow back you know :love:

about the shaving the head bald in the middle of Pop tour: That wasn't his choice. He got drunk fell asleep and the roadies shaved it! :giggle:

Last edited:
Wow, his hair looks cool!!!! I mean, I'm definitely having a hard time getting use to it, but it's still nice!! And he definitely looks younger, yeah!!! Walk on B!! :D :rockon:

Now it's too short! He needed something like the Electrical Storm video if he was going to cut it. This is too close cropped and looks bad on him. The top part sticking up looks silly like he's trying to look like a 14 year old boy. Or is he just trying to cover his bald spot. I prefer the longer combover to this goofy fuzz. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Bad hair day to the extreme! I hope it grows out soon.

Back
Top Bottom