Finally saw U2 GO HOME

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I saw it in my local video shop yesterday, so I hired the DVD, it was pretty much what I expected, massive crowd, similar songs to the Boston vid bla, bla, bla....

but I gotta say that hearing that version of 'Out of Control' would of been awesome, and it was so nice to see that they can still play older songs apart from NYD and I will follow (retire them guys!!!!)

anyway the thing that I liked the most about this dvd was the Unforgettable Fire doco. Now it has probably been at least 8 years since I saw the UF video (I dont own a copy of it) but I am sure that the doco that was on the U2 Go Home DVD is different than the material that was on the video that came out in the 80s. Some of the stuff looked the same, but mostly from what I remembered it looked to be new stuff. I loved hearing the Three Sunrises harmonies.....great stuff.....I wish I was older back then, anyway can anyone help me out with my conundrum????

arw9797 said:
the UF stuff is the same as it was on the tape. I was hoping for an extended version of that but it's all the same.

Really, its all the same hey? Gee that shows how bad my memory is then. I think the doco should be renamed 'The Making of the song Pride'. Hmmmm, maybe I just may buy this DVD then, if only for the UF stuff and Out of control...

now when is ZOO TV gonna make it to DVD:scratch:

I think they left out some stuff from the UF documentary because I've been constantly complaining about it!

Seriously, I am agreeance with you about how it is the making of Pride.

I know for a fact that they left out the videos for other songs and maybe left out some footage about other songs or something.

Personally I thought the Slane DVD was better than the Boston DVD. Bono's voice was in better shape, there was more energy from the huge crowd, better audio selection (DTS), and I think that Kite and One had more emotion in them then other performances I've seen. Possibly the best those two songs have ever been played live in my opinion.

I loved Out of Control and the speech about his "old man" giving him 500 pounds to go to London to score a record deal-awesome.

Bonus track Mysterious Ways was cool even though it wasn't in DTS Surround. I like the fact he could bring one of his daughters on stage with him, sometimes I think we forget he's a father too-not just a rock star.

My .02 anyway.

Jason

Back
Top Bottom