Favourite Song from the Bomb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HTDAAB Fav Song...?

• Vertigo

Votes: 24 8.2%
  • Miracle Drug

Votes: 55 18.9%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Votes: 45 15.5%
  • Love & Peace Or Else

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • City Of Blinding Lights

Votes: 55 18.9%
  • All Because Of You

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • A Man & A Woman

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Crumbs From Your Table

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • One Step Closer

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Original Of The Species

Votes: 42 14.4%
  • Yahweh

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Fast Cars

Votes: 9 3.1%

• Total voters
I just had a thought, dangerous I know, "existing" fans are not the target market. U2 are focusing on the "new" fans. Maybe they think the new ones prefer All Because of You.

Easy question Love and Peace Or Else is the easy answer. I see MD and COBL are streaking away, 2 of the most unoriginal songs the band have ever done, in my opinion. It's U2 being and sounding like everything that everybody whose not a fan expects them too sound like!

If you shout... said:
I had to go with "Love And Peace Or Else." Most of the lyrics don't make me cringe, the vocals are pretty well-done....mostly, and I greatly enjoy the driving force of the song; I really love the insistence in The Edge's very very very simple main riff...there's something in it which just forces the song along, even though it never comes close to feeling forced. I'm also down with the way his guitar just sort of explodes, near the end of the song--it's (like most of them) a childishly simple "solo," if you can even call it that, but it's still very evocative and cool. Great stuff, if you ask me. I hope with all my heart to hear it live...

Excellent points about a great song and yes its great when it explodes at the end. Also decently mixed as well!:wink:

beli said:
I just had a thought, dangerous I know, "existing" fans are not the target market. U2 are focusing on the "new" fans. Maybe they think the new ones prefer All Because of You.

Yes, point taken, but don't you think All Because of You isn't really up to the quality of some of the other songs on the album?

I just think they should release the best songs from the album and not think too much about the target market. With the Joshua Tree (for example) most of the best songs were released as singles (in my opinion), same with AB & Pop.

financeguy said:

Yes, point taken, but don't you think All Because of You isn't really up to the quality of some of the other songs on the album?

I just think they should release the best songs from the album and not think too much about the target market. With the Joshua Tree (for example) most of the best songs were released as singles (in my opinion), same with AB & Pop.

I still havent found wasn't one of the best songs on the album The Joshua Tree, in my opinion it was one of the weakest tracks but obviously the Americans didn't agree cos it got to number 1. Whos Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses wasn't one of the best songs on Achtung Baby probably the weakest track on the album(still a great track though, was their a weak track on that album???NOPE!) and that was released as a single.

I think ABOY will be a pretty good chart hit for the band. Pretty much like most of the other songs off the album except for LAPOE, OSC, Yahweh & Fast Cars, the rest are pretty good single contenders.

Also find it amusing after the amazing reception that Vertigo got on this site when first heard, that it is nowhere near peoples favorite now. Just goes to show that when people hear new material for the first time they go a bit over the top with their reviews.:huh:

Or, like has been mentioned more than once, the abundance of great songs off the new album means Vertigo doesn't stand head and shoulders above the other songs.

It's a 3-way tie between Vertigo/Miracle Drug/SYCMIOYO but in the end, I gotta go with SYCMIOYO.

I kinda felt a bit split and torn over choosing my fav song from the bomb but I thought I might as well be a wee bit controversial and choose Yahweh.
So as I didn't think it was too shocking a song to select I was really surprised that it is currently joint second last?!?
C'mon folks, what's the story here?!?!? I expected my love for this song to be like a drop in the ocean (sorry bout that) but sadly not.
Incidentally, I'll be genuinely gutted if the boys don't pluck this number out of their live hat.

rjhbonovox said:

I still havent found wasn't one of the best songs on the album The Joshua Tree, in my opinion it was one of the weakest tracks but obviously the Americans didn't agree cos it got to number 1. Whos Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses wasn't one of the best songs on Achtung Baby probably the weakest track on the album(still a great track though, was their a weak track on that album???NOPE!) and that was released as a single.

I think ABOY will be a pretty good chart hit for the band. Pretty much like most of the other songs off the album except for LAPOE, OSC, Yahweh & Fast Cars, the rest are pretty good single contenders.

I never said there was a weak track on Achtung Baby (helpful hint: re-read my original post.) I agree, Wild Horses was in no way one of the best tracks on Achtung Baby. But I stand by the point I was trying to make above, if I hadn't allowed myself to get side-tracked by not entirely valid references to singles from other albums. Zooropa would have been a better reference point - Lemon and Stay were released as singles - in my opinion (and its only an opinion, mind) these were the best two tracks on that album.

teebee said:
anyone choosing Miracle Drug or City of Blinding Lights is flat out stupid.

Very intelligent post. Don't you have homework or something to be getting on with? I don't thing your parents should let you near a computer.

Wow, this is a very tight race for the top song on the album!

1. Yahweh
2. All Because Of You
(Tie) Love and Peace or Else/ One Step Closer To Knowing

How in the hell are songs like COBL(the mono mix) & Miracle Day so popular on here I will never know??? These songs are two of the blandest on the album, its like U2 could make these songs without even trying and yet loads of people on here think they are great. I am amazed.

Back
Top Bottom