Fav Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What's Your Favourite U2 Album?

• Boy

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • October

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • War

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Under a Bloor Red Sky

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 16 8.6%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 31 16.6%
  • Rattle and Hum

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 93 49.7%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pop

Votes: 17 9.1%
  • All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 16 8.6%

• Total voters
This is hard! :( LOL

Well, It was always AB or JT for me..... but lately I havet to throw POP in there!

I can't decide..... sometimes I feel I love the JT more than any other album.... then I put in AB.. and it's Awwww AB! Then I listen to POP and I'm like WOHOOOO POP! :( I can't choose! :D :lol

I coulda sworn at least one person mentioned October being their fav album. Where are ya?

Interesting how this turned out... and ATYCLB and Pop tied! interesting...

At any rate, the order I was expecting was:
1. Achtung Baby
2. Joshua Tree
3. All That You Can't Leave Behind
4. Pop
5. Unforgettable Fire
6. War
7. Zooropa
8. Boy
9. October
10. Rattle and Hum

That's my general perception of how the main studio albums are commonly ranked by U2 fans. So I guess I was pretty close, I definately underestimated Unforgettable Fire though

Last edited:
It was such a tie between AB and Pop.. I love Pop to death.. and AB is pretty much what got me started on loving U2 so much that it changed me forever.. but, like I said, Pop is one of my very favourites, #2 favourite album I think.. but I went with AB. Very hard decision.

wertsie said:
AB. Yep. Definitely AB!

Me too. I love 'em all, but AB is my fave. It expresses every emotion there is on the planet. I've come back from trips and stuff thoroughly bummed out and the only thing I want to do when I get home is listen to AB--to heck with the unpacking. :lol: :lol:

RATTLE & HUMMMMMMMMMMMM! Name me another U2 album that contains incredible live versions of some of their classics AND kick-ass songwriting found on such gems as Heartland, Hawkmoon 269, God Part II, All I Want Is You, Angel of Harlem, and Desire.

For this longtime fan, their isn't any other commercially released U2 album that not only captures the emotion and excitement of their live shows but also includes simply superb, wonderfully crafted original material as well. In my opinion, R & H is by far their most underrated album....and my personal favorite!

I can't believe that NO-ONE voted for Under A Blood Red Sky (if you're wondering where the one vote came from, that was me, just then). How could you not vote for UABRS? That beats everything by a long shot for the sheer fact it's live pre-JT material (and longer than WAIA, which isn't even on there, sadly). Really, UABRS wins by default because it's the only live thing there (unless you want to be technical and count RAH, but I feel the performance of Pride is really lacking).

Not an easy task!
1. Joshua Tree
2. Achtung Baby
3. Unforgettable Fire

Depends on your mood I think! Haven't listened to any of them in a while, but Joshua Tree comes out on top at the mo!

A poll from a long time ago. Its amazing how much Achtung Baby dominates this poll. 12 and a half years after Achtung Baby was released, it is indeed the most popular U2 album with U2 fans.

DrTeeth said:
It seems like I'm the only one who voted for October. Too bad 80sU2isBest isn't here :ohmy:

I had no choice but to vote for October as it was suffering with ONE VOTE. It is definetley my favourite U2 LP, alongside Achtung Baby and Unforgettable Fire. Achtung Baby is probably my favourite out of the three though, it is U2's best album.

Not up for negotiation...

OK folks, here's how it SHOULD go. I'm replacing Passengers with Wide Awake In America, by the way. My top five is non-negotiable, not even a slight modification.

1. Under A Blood Red Sky (only fully live material and it's pre-JT, so everything else doesn't stand a chance)
2. The Unforgettable Fire
3. Achtung Baby
4. Boy
5. The Joshua Tree
6. Pop
7. October
8. Wide Awake In America
9. War
10. Zooropa
11. Rattle And Hum
12. All That You Can't Leave Behind

STING2 said:
A poll from a long time ago. Its amazing how much Achtung Baby dominates this poll. 12 and a half years after Achtung Baby was released, it is indeed the most popular U2 album with U2 fans.

True, but I think 90's U2 is generally preferred on this board - maybe because younger fans that came on board with that album seem to dominate the forum.
Had this poll been done in a wider way to include the older, non-internet audiences, via Tv networks or newspapers I bet JT would have won.

Back
Top Bottom