Entertainment Tonight contain any U2 new material?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bort269

War Child
Is U2 on Entertainment Tonight?

http://www.vh1.com/artists/rock_on_tv/show_info.jhtml?type=artist&motvId=1022&days=&startdoc=1

About: Entertainment Tonight: (#6369) - 2006/02/09
Mariah Carey. Madonna. Coldplay. U2. Kanye West. Stevie Wonder. Faith Hill. Jamie Foxx. Last night's GRAMMYS was a star-powered three hours of the top pop, rock, R&B, rap & country artists. And whether you watched the show on CBS or not, you definitely don't want to miss ET's on-the-spot report. Our cameras capture every celebrity, every style, every spontaneous outburst, every candid comment and all the sights of the "after parties" that rocked L.A. like never before!

it's on at 7pm locally.

Did anyone see if there was any U2ness on it?

Thanks!

The celebrity media doesn't really know what to say about U2. They mention they won alot of gongs, then quickly move on to Mariah's tits and Madonnas ass.

The CNN bit was nice. The host actually knew the music, which is a complete rarity.

definetly. i saw E's wrap-up of the grammys today, and they talked about u2 for like 30 seconds. They discussed Nicole Kidman and her new man coming out in public for the first time for like 5 minutes.

RademR said:
definetly. i saw E's wrap-up of the grammys today, and they talked about u2 for like 30 seconds. They discussed Nicole Kidman and her new man coming out in public for the first time for like 5 minutes.

damn!
so nobody mentioned the Larry diss except for the CNN pizza interview?
I wanted someone to actually explain that Larry literally got down on his knees and pleaded for them to let him speak!!

Thanks for saving me 30 painful minutes of ET!!

Maybe on Best Week Ever they will do something (since U2 is obviously having the BWE)

bort269 said:

Maybe on Best Week Ever they will do something (since U2 is obviously having the BWE)

ya good point. will catch that this week. The grammys usually get re-played over the weekend (Bravo maybe?).

I need to record that stuff. I went out after seeing the performance and didn't realized they would dominate the night like that.

I honestly was thinking maybe 1 or 2 awards.

I have seen a couple of Entertainment shows today and U2 has warranted a BTW, they won 5 Grammys followed by look at who's sitting with Nicole.

Only watching that trash to see the band,:reject:

trevster2k said:
I have seen a couple of Entertainment shows today and U2 has warranted a BTW, they won 5 Grammys followed by look at who's sitting with Nicole.

Only watching that trash to see the band,:reject:

don't worry... I've sat through much worse because of rockontv.com

they made me sit through a show called "paprazzi" and "50 hottest celebrity couples" for litterally 15 seconds of footage!!

it pains me to realize how bad my addiction is... ;)

No one wanted to touch the subject of U2's win because they didn't know anything about them other than they were Irish.

The CNN interview was really good, the interviewer seemed to be a U2 fan because she was talking about how people hold U2's albums to a higher standard (and thats why people are disappointed with U2's win, because it wasn't their best album).

:hmm: Perhaps everyone was suspecting Mariah or Kanye to win everything, that they had already made their video for today, and then were shocked that U2 won, and had to throw some stuff together....

I'm just kidding, but I definently noticed U2 not getting hardly a word of them mentioned....Did anyone watch Leno tonight? Just one more example

bcrt2000 said:

The CNN interview was really good, the interviewer seemed to be a U2 fan

and she said that OOTS was awesome... which it is...

I wished they had played it, but nobody would have gotten anything out of it... so whatever. I rather hear a censored Vertigo than a shortened OOTS.

Agreed. The lack of coverage was entirely noticeable. They missed a great opportunity!!!

Ahh!!!!

so its not only australian media not talking about u2..

it happens everywhere...:mad:

Yes, in ausie land, talk of why mariah carey didn't win the "big one".

Lots of talk about Nicole Kidman and her new boyfriend Kieth Urban. By the way just thought i'd mention that Kiethy baby is Aussie even though he was born in New Zealand. (moved to aussie land when baby). But i know, you didn't really want to know that.

Did i mention that the aussie media talked about Mariah Carey.

Yes people do hold U2's album to a higher standard and no Bomb is not their all time best but that doesn't mean it didn't deserve Album of the Year, it's among their career best (#3) and the only one that was really snubbed was AB (although ATYCLB won Record of the Year twice so that snub didn't make sense).

SunBloc said:
Agreed. The lack of coverage was entirely noticeable. They missed a great opportunity!!!
I concur--I taped this for nothing. Missed Ellen & taped The Price is Right by mistake. :madspit: :madspit:

My local paper didn't even get the number of grammys u2 won right..........all they were concerned with was U2 "stealing" the night from Mariah

Back
Top Bottom