Edge's angriest song to date

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bullet the Blue Sky (live) is most likely his agriest, but the Edge himself is the most angry on the Boston DVD at the end of "Gone"....heheh.

I hate to change the subject, but I have a question...who is Albert Goldman anyway?
(someone mentioned him earlier on this thread which reminded me that i never found out who that was)

PennyPyro said:
I hate to change the subject, but I have a question...who is Albert Goldman anyway?
(someone mentioned him earlier on this thread which reminded me that i never found out who that was)

If I remember right, he wrote a very unflattering biography of Elvis Presley, and when Bono found out he was going to do one on John Lennon, he was incensed.

the solo on ACROBAT sounds like a derailing train...phenomenal

others: Bullet The Blue Sky, The Fly, Love Is Blindness (live version on Mysterious Ways single), Mysterious Ways, Gone, MOFO

Exit, BTBS, The Fly, Please (live) etc are all very obviously angry and aggressive pieces of guitar-work - but you're all forgetting a seriously angry guitar-solo from Mr Edge - Love Is Blindness from ZOO TV.

Some say that this is a very sorrowful, mournful piece of music, but you can also detect some serious personal angers infused in Edge's performance.
This is smouldering rage at its best - rage at his failed marriage, rage at his ex-wife and rage at his own vulnerability and failings as a husband and/or judge of character.

The minor chords, the descending riff and Edge's slow, deliberate first guitar solo make the song sound quite mournful and reflective, yet when he opens up his guitar solo with hard angry strumming, you just know that he's put some real personal hurt, anger and emotion into this song. Fair play to him - it's a great way of venting anger and anxt!!:mad:

Like A Song... everyone sounds angry on that one..

11:00 Tick Tock

Possibly SBS from Rattle&Hum... when he takes it from a sobbing dirge to an angry slap...

Most of Achtung Baby, really. We used to call it the "Edge Is Bitter album"... Acrobat stands out.

Jerusalem, even though he's said he hates it... very strident and determined...

The Refugee

exit wins this one for me by far, however i recognize anger as well on bullet, until the eotw (live), last night on earth (live)... like a song and rejoice have some also

Back
Top Bottom