Duet: Bono & Stevie Wonder for DARFUR NOW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My god, Bono has gone back in time and collected his 1995 voice.:drool:

U2opra said:
My god, Bono has gone back in time and collected his 1995 voice.:drool:
so he sounds the worst he ever has?

haven't heard thi ssong yet, but I'll d/l it at some point :up:

anybody know who is singing "Looooooooove...." and then something maybe in another language (can't make it out). It is near the beginning right before bono sings "unfortunately the plans to make....."

sorry about my vagueness :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Tuesday, 6 November, I was fortunate to be in attendance at a preview showing of the new movie "DARFUR NOW" at the University of Texas at Austin.

In attendance also was the man behind the movie, Ted Braun.

After the POWERFUL and INSPIRING movie which lasted about two hours, Mr. Braun took questions from the audience for over an hour. After the formal question time, many people hung around to share a few moments with Mr. Braun, talking about the movie and posing for a few pictures.

I was most struck by the choice for the ending song of the movie. It was a duet by Stevie Wonder and Bono of Wonder's classic song "Love's in Need of Love Today".

I have always loved that song and to think of it being a duet by these two amazing singers really made me quite happy and a bit curious as to how it all came to be.

As the crowd was beginning to leave and Mr. Braun had a moment alone, I went up to him, thanked him for "DARFUR NOW" and wished it all the success possible.

I then told him how much I liked the duet between Bono and Stevie Wonder and asked him if he would share how that came to be.

This is what he shared with me.

As production on the movie was ending this past April, he began to think of who he wanted to sing the closing song. Bono immediately came to his mind. So he sent word to Bono about the movie and asked him if he would be interested in writing and performing a song for it.

It took a month or so before Mr. Braun heard back from Bono (at the time Bono was busy putting the finishing touches on the RED Vanity Fair magazine which came out this past Summer). Bono said that he was interested in doing this but wanted to see the movie before committing.

In July, Mr. Braun sent a copy of the movie to Bono's home in France. There, in the company of George Clooney, Bono watched the movie and gave his assurance that he wanted to perform a song for the movie.

The only problem was that there was not enough time before the movie went to final production in September for Bono to write and perform an original song of his own.

So Mr. Braun suggested "Love's in Need of Love Today" as a good song to close the movie with - and Bono agreed.

As Mr. Braun told it, Bono contacted Stevie Wonder and the duet was done in time for the movie's final production in September.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

corianderstem said:
Here you go:

http://www.s avefile.com/files/1196090

Take out the space between the s and the a.

Save file apparently does not like me. Or my other computer. And the other link just doesn't work for me, I've tried several times.
I am cry :scream:

I e-mailed the link to everyone in this thread who asked for it ... I hope I didn't forget anybody.

The problem with the original link is that it only appears correctly if you QUOTE the original post and then delete the spaces, then it should work.

^I tried that too. I had opened the save file link and left my desk for an hour. Page finally showed up, and I'm downloading now. Thanks everyone!

I'm liking the background singers and the Bono/Stevie singing in the chorus. Favourite bits from Bono are the falsetto in "tears" and the "eve-ry-bo-dy".

Anyone else noticed the "Bono you know that hate's going 'round" from Stevie at around 3:00?

Last edited:
U2girl said:
I'm liking the background singers and the Bono/Stevie singing in the chorus. Favourite bits from Bono are the falsetto in "tears" and the "eve-ry-bo-dy".

Anyone else noticed the "Bono you know that hate's going 'round" from Stevie at around 3:00?

Yeah. Heard that.

I also like the intro guitar. It plays a little Irish melody to open the song.

Rob33 said:
anybody know who is singing "Looooooooove...." and then something maybe in another language (can't make it out). It is near the beginning right before bono sings "unfortunately the plans to make....."

I assume this is a member of the background singers. Around 1:55 into the song right ?

Doesn't sound like Stevie or Bono.

Back
Top Bottom