Cute "All Because Of You" Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reggie Thee Dog said:

I would take them, I think they could handle it, but alas my wife feels that they are too young, even for a U2 show. It's too loud and people would smoke and drink and cuss....soooo, they're out of luck. Trust me I've debated and provided facts (like the fact I've been to 12 U2 shows and nothing has even remotely happened that was bad) but she is standing her ground. I'm bound to get my daughter there when they make their way through Northern Cali in the Fall.

Hey, it's U2 not Mötley Crüe!!!:mad:

Well, I guess for the 8 year old it might be a bit too late at night and loud, but I think a 10 or 11 year old would be okay :shrug: Especially if it wasn't on a school night :wink:

But ya gotta keep peace in the family :yes: :wink:

Maybe in the fall, show your wife some of the pics of Bono bringing kids up on stage :lol: I've seen quite a few from the Elevation tour.

Last edited:
I will be taking my two kids to the 3rd leg U2 concert. They will be 12 and 17 by then, they are not huge U2 fans, but they are really excited and looking forward to it.

Well kelly, I agree that 10 or 11 is not too young an age to go to a show (she has seen the "great" Hilary Duff), but it's the school day thing and the loudness factor, so she and I won't be going together. :sad:

And dipster, even though your kids may not be huge fans now...oh how I wish I could see their reactions after the show!!:yes:

And dipster, even though your kids may not be huge fans now...oh how I wish I could see their reactions after the show!!:yes: [/B]

Yes, I really cannot wait until their reaction, I think they will be blown away and hopefully forget all about the hip-hop and rap all the kids are into now.

pookersmom said:
My son's not doing any cute U2-related stuff yet. :( *feels somewhat inadequate as a parent in light of other, better parents here at forums*

:hug:. 'Tis okay :).

I love hearing stories about kids doing cute U2-related things. If and when I ever have kids someday, you can bet they'll be hearing U2 day in and day out from the time they're babies. I've had the curiosity from time to time about what any kids I may someday have will think of my music tastes-it'd be interesting to see what they have to say.

Angela

Reggie Thee Dog said:
My 8-y.o. son is the "Scholar of the Week" in his class. What this entails is for him to provide some pictures of his short life and to have his parents write a short biography about him.

So we sit down to write this biography, and I said to him "what do you want to say about you being born?" Without hesitation he says to "I just got back, I'm at the door of the place I started out from and I want back inside."

No kidding....I'm so proud...:sad:
Smart kid. Now just keep the system out of his head and he'll be fine.

doctorwho said:
The story is adorable... however, how does that quote relate to his views on being born? :confused:

Good question doctorwho, I don't know, but he did finish the story himself. He wrote that "everybody loves him and we are glad to have him in our family". No problems here with self-confidence....:laugh:

And dipster I really think your kids will be asking you to burn them some U2 compilations. I guarantee it!!!

Back
Top Bottom