Can someone please.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
catlhere said:

Wild Honey is more fun!

sing the high notes with me axver, and not smile!
i dare you!
wildddddddddddd. wildddddddddddddddddddd WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDD-OOOOWOOOOOOOOO

I'll admit that in the right mood, it can be a bit fun - the only U2 song in which I find no redeeming qualities at all is Elvis Ate America - but Wild Honey is just so painfully subpar to almost all of U2's catalogue.

In A Little While --> Wild Honey seriously drags down ATYCLB for me.

Axver said:

I'll admit that in the right mood, it can be a bit fun - the only U2 song in which I find no redeeming qualities at all is Elvis Ate America - but Wild Honey is just so painfully subpar to almost all of U2's catalogue.

In A Little While --> Wild Honey seriously drags down ATYCLB for me.
Elvis Ate America :barf:

I'm not a huge fan of alot of UF material. I like Bad and Pride and Wire, but i wouldnt miss the other songs if i never heard them again. (yea, sorry UF lovers, i gotta be honest)

Elvis Ate America is from Passengers

Elvis Presley and America is from UF

just so ya know :wink:

catlhere said:

Elvis Ate America :barf:

I'm not a huge fan of alot of UF material. I like Bad and Pride and Wire, but i wouldnt miss the other songs if i never heard them again. (yea, sorry UF lovers, i gotta be honest)

I now have to kill you. I am morally obligated, I'm afraid. :wink:

Seriously, you actually don't like ASOH or Promenade or The Unforgettable Fire? :huh:

Axver said:

I now have to kill you. I am morally obligated, I'm afraid. :wink:

Seriously, you actually don't like ASOH or Promenade or The Unforgettable Fire? :huh:
I never said I didnt like them, but i wouldnt care if i never heard them again. i hate the beginning of TUF, but i love it when it starts picking up. and ASOH is ok to me, nothing special. Promenade is teh suck, and thats a fact, imo. :wink:

But UF and ASOH are good, i agree. just not in my top fav of u2 tracks, i dont ever seek them out or anything.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Elvis Ate America is from Passengers

Elvis Presley and America is from UF

just so ya know :wink:

Oops. you're correct sir! my bad. i dont know about anything off passengers. ive never heard all of it. but i dont like the UF elvis one. :wink:

catlhere said:

Oops. you're correct sir! my bad. i dont know about anything off passengers. ive never heard all of it. but i dont like the UF elvis one. :wink:

Passengers is brilliant.

...except for Elvis Ate America. :yuck:

"ELVIS!"

I have to be in the mood to listen to Elvis Presley and America, it's a very temperamental song

GibsonGirl said:

Passengers is brilliant.

"ELVIS!"
Khanada sent me a YSI with the whole album on it, but my computer is a lame-o and YSI is being stupid and wont let me download the whole thing. i get to about 70% and it stops. very frustrating. :|

Always Forever Now
Slug
Your Blue Room
A Different Kind of Blue
Miss Sarajevo

:heart:

the rest except Ito Okashi and Elvis :drool:

the 5 tracks I mentioned above sound amazing mixed with some Zooropa tracks :faint:

:faint: Promenade is incredible. Absolutely incredible.

Wild Honey, on the other hand... is gross. :yuck: I enjoy Flower Child a lot, though, maybe because it's not given the weight of being an A-side and I really like the cheesy "wild, you grow wild, you grow wild in my heart." :reject:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Always Forever Now
Slug
Your Blue Room
A Different Kind of Blue
Miss Sarajevo

:heart:

the rest except Ito Okashi and Elvis :drool:

the 5 tracks I mentioned above sound amazing mixed with some Zooropa tracks :faint:

I would personally add United Colours to the :heart: list (is it not the eeriest U2 intro you've ever heard?) but that's just me.

Passengers. :drool: I hate it when Larry ridicules that album.

GibsonGirl said:

I would personally add United Colours to the :heart: list (is it not the eeriest U2 intro you've ever heard?) but that's just me.

United Colors is extremely trippy, but it's not one of my absolute favorites like the other 5

Larry makes me mad sometimes, cut your damn hair and stop dissing Passengers :madspit:

amerrydeath said:
:faint: Promenade is incredible. Absolutely incredible.

Wild Honey, on the other hand... is gross. :yuck: I enjoy Flower Child a lot, though, maybe because it's not given the weight of being an A-side and I really like the cheesy "wild, you grow wild, you grow wild in my heart." :reject:

:up:

Promenade is one of my all time favourites. It's my email address, for goodness' sake! And Flower Child is a lot of fun without the lyrics being terrible. Musically, Wild Honey is fun. But lyrically, I can't stand it!

"In the DAAAYYYYYYYSSSSSS when we were swingin' from the trees! I was a monkey stealing honey from a swarm of beeees!"

That's worse than "Miami, my mammy."

GibsonGirl said:

Passengers is brilliant.

"ELVIS!"

I'm going to burn a copy without Elvis Ate America. Passengers is my favourite U2 release of the nineties and I hate that song nearly ruining it. Songs like Slug, Your Blue Room, United Colours, Always Forever Now, and One Minute Warning are awesome.

Also, to all the Americans here: the song's official title is actually United Colours, so please spell it properly. You don't see me calling the band Dream Theater "Dream Theatre", do you?

LemonMacPhisto said:

Larry makes me mad sometimes, cut your damn hair and stop dissing Passengers :madspit:

:yes:

I wish Larry would stop criticising experimental U2 in general. If Bono and Edge were left to their devices for the next album, I think they could come up with something amazing.

GibsonGirl said:

U2 may make good music, but their taste in music, whether it's their own or others, is somewhat questionable.

well exxxx-cuuuuuuseeee meeeeee
steve_martin.jpg

:wink:

*changes title of United Colours on iTunes*

GibsonGirl said:

:up:

Promenade is one of my all time favourites. It's my email address, for goodness' sake! And Flower Child is a lot of fun without the lyrics being terrible. Musically, Wild Honey is fun. But lyrically, I can't stand it!

"In the DAAAYYYYYYYSSSSSS when we were swingin' from the trees! I was a monkey stealing honey from a swarm of beeees!"

That's worse than "Miami, my mammy."
I really doubt anything can top "Miami, my mammy"

-dies a little inside-

Bano, what were you thinking. :sad:

GibsonGirl said:

:yes:

I wish Larry would stop criticising experimental U2 in general. If Bono and Edge were left to their devices for the next album, I think they could come up with something amazing.

hell yes :up:

but would there be turmoil a la the Berlin Sessions of Achtung Baby?

Axver said:

I'm going to burn a copy without Elvis Ate America. Passengers is my favourite U2 release of the nineties and I hate that song nearly ruining it. Songs like Slug, Your Blue Room, United Colours, Always Forever Now, and One Minute Warning are awesome.

I've got a Passengers playlist on my iPod that has Elvis Ate America removed from it. :up: It's amazing how much of a difference the exclusion of one song can make to an album!

LemonMacPhisto said:

hell yes :up:

but would there be turmoil a la the Berlin Sessions of Achtung Baby?

Probably. But in this case, I think Larry should just shut his large gob. He got two albums full of radio hits in a row, so he should just let Bono and Edge have their fun without complaining about it! :wink:

I'm kidding, of course, I don't think Larry's the only reason why U2 have stopped trying to push their musical boundaries. I think he's part of it, but I don't think the blame lies squarely on him.

GibsonGirl said:

Probably. But in this case, I think Larry should just shut his large gob. He got two albums full of radio hits in a row, so he should just let Bono and Edge have their fun without complaining about it! :wink:

I'm kidding, of course, I don't think Larry's the only reason why U2 have stopped trying to push their musical boundaries. I think he's part of it, but I don't think the blame lies squarely on him.

Yeah, good point, it could just be them venturing into another type of music "radio-friendly pop hits", or because of just a recent dry-spell of solid material?

For every song I love post-2000 there's 1 song I either am indifferent about or dislike. With the previous decades that ratio is a lot lower

I guess i'll just have to order the CD online or something. I hope it's not too moody and slow for my tastes. :huh:

Not everything has to be "experimental" or "hard to get" to be good music. why does everyone have a grudge against radio friendly music. it's catchy and fun to listen to. does u2 always have to be weird and different to be good? I like their last 2 albums (more so HTDAAB) i dont think they are shitty compared to any era. i think they have some really good tracks on them just like anything from Pop or Zooropa. I like HTDAAB alot, so i dont see why everything thinks u2 is crappy now compared to 90's. Well maybe cuz i think 80's is their peak. i dunno. nevermind. :huh:

catlhere said:
Not everything has to be "experimental" or "hard to get" to be good music. why does everyone have a grudge against radio friendly music. it's catchy and fun to listen to. does u2 always have to be weird and different to be good? I like their last 2 albums (more so HTDAAB) i dont think they are shitty compared to any era. i think they have some really good tracks on them just like anything from Pop or Zooropa. I like HTDAAB alot, so i dont see why everything thinks u2 is crappy now compared to 90's. Well maybe cuz i think 80's is their peak. i dunno. nevermind. :huh:

Nothing from the 00s, the "radio-friendly" music, impacts me as much as Bad or Exit. Sometimes I feel like a lot of the songs could go off really well, but are hindered by catchiness--even though a lot of the 80s is catchy, as I keep listening to them I keep discovering new layers and subtleties that I haven't been able to find in any of the 00s stuff. Personally, I think they were lyrically at their best in the 90s, melodically the best in the 80s, but I just don't know what they're going for now. I LOVED HTDAAB the first time around, but now it doesn't have any staying power for me, and now I reach for anything in the War-Pop period over it.

Earnie Shavers said:
The 80's albums shit all over the 00's just as easily, can't we argue on that front?

What's there to talk about with people so heavily biased, so tightly cuddled up with their pre-conceived notions and so pathologically unable to have a discussion without putting down the 00's or its fans and constantly preaching their opinions as facts, be it album polls, be it Top 20s, be it album/music discussions.

Back
Top Bottom