buying music videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Does anyone own Achtung Baby on VHS, i.e. the music videos? I was planning on getting it (the tape version cos it doesnt seem to have come out on dvd yet) but now the new best of '90s dvd is gonna be out in 2 months. I can probably afford just one video collection and I'm wondering which one I should get. I love the Achtung album to death and so leaning towards that collection. The new dvd I'm sure is gonna have a lot of cool stuff incl. vids from zooropa and pop. :confused:

Ooh...tough one. I :heart: the "interference" on the AB video. It's so much fun! But with the DVD you'll get more videos...So if I HAD to choose one or the other, I'd say go with the DVD.

I have the Achtung Baby VHS. I could probably copy it for you...or is it not possible to copy commercially released tapes (I've never tried!). :scratch: Well...I could TRY to copy it for you, if you are interested!

:reject: I have this 3-tape set that somebody obviously bootlegged...it's called "U2 Video Anthology." I got it off Ebay...but anyway, the AB videos on these were obviously taken from the commercial AB video, so I'm assuming you can copy it, BC...although I really don't know how legal that is!

But with the DVD you'll get more videos

Yeah, thats true. I'd love to have the videos for Stay and Numb. But then again there's the stupid football video for Stuck which I do not need in my U2 collection. Oh! But you know what I'd get all 3 of those awesome vids for 'One' if I get AB. Still :confused: The best thing really to do I guess is copy the videos you like the most. :)

wertsie said:
:reject: I have this 3-tape set that somebody obviously bootlegged...it's called "U2 Video Anthology." I got it off Ebay...but anyway, the AB videos on these were obviously taken from the commercial AB video, so I'm assuming you can copy it, BC...although I really don't know how legal that is!

Well..........

It's about as legal as burning CDs, I figure...and everybody does that! :D

I'm not going to charge any money if I do copy it, so I'm not gonna fret.

Bonochick said:

Well..........

It's about as legal as burning CDs, I figure...and everybody does that! :D

I'm not going to charge any money if I do copy it, so I'm not gonna fret.

:yes: Good point about the CDs. Hadn't thought about that!

Back
Top Bottom