Borders Update No. 3 : Single Not Released Til Oct 2004

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
After my friend returned from a vacation, he gave me the new weekly scoop on the new album.

The in-store report date for the new single is now being shown as "10/--/2004 - Pending" The title is still TBA, and the title for the new album is TBA. Curiously though, the release date for the album is now "TBA 2004/2005".

Another curious observation was a third entry of U2 in a DVD format. Release date is "12/--/2004" title as TBA. I wonder what this could be? Possibly the single in DVD? Maybe, but why would U2 release the video single on DVD two months after the release of the single? Any thoughts on what this third entry may be?

i really am starting to wonder if this album is still being released this year.

no, this isn't bad news. we were told the single will be released on the third week of september (to the radio), which means that it would be released shortly after to the stores. this is right on track. because typically the single comes to radio, then its released to the stores, then about a month later, the album is released. that means we are still on target for the November 23 release.

and the 2004/2005 thing is just to cover all the bases. this album will be out this year.

Almost all of U2 singles have been "officially released" about 3 weeks before the album is released. It'll go to radio probably a week or two before that.

Going back and looking at the ATYCLB releases and news bits, the flurry of activity was defintely August 2000. So it might be a few more weeks before the shit starts flying.

Will people stop doing this pointless speculating. It's boring...

When the record company want to tell us something, they will..!

The separate DVD is supposedly The Best of 1980-1990, it's been mentioned quite a few times this year.

I'm surprised U2 is releasing a CD single in the states. ATYCLB had no singles released as CD's in USA???? If this is true we should hear something on the radio in September. Who knows anymore. I just want an album title and song list. I'm tired of reading articles about Bono getting drunk and dancing in a club in Mexico. ...:mad:

Last edited:
zoopop said:
I'm surprised U2 is releasing a CD single in the states. ATYCLB had no singles released as CD's in USA???? If this is true we should hear something on the radio in September. Who knows anymore. I just want an album title and song list. I'm tired of reading articles about Bono getting drunk and dancing in a club in Mexico. ...:mad:

Wasn't in Spain? :wink:

Thanks for the update, U2Fan101, and as for the DVD, the only guess I can come up with is maybe some kind of "making of the album" DVD with an accompanying CD containing new B-sides?

Back
Top Bottom