Best Song Survivor v2: Grand Final

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have most liked to kick out Breathe.

Oh wait, or Ultra Violet. I keep conveniently forgetting that suckfest is here.

Ack . . . that was crazy hard . . . voted for 12 and found self really wanting to pick faves from all albums . . .but I see I have missed a couple of albums in there anyways . . . I wonder which they could be :hmm: . . . can't wait to see the final results

Gloria,
The Unforgettable Fire,
Bad,
With or Without You,
Running To Stand Still,
All I Want is You,
Acrobat,
The Fly,
Stay,
Gone,
No Line on the Horizon,
Magnificent

:loveshower:

Only 76 votes? (Well, and a 77th write-in I received last night.) Maybe we should keep this open for one more day ...?

No, you wouldn't be able to double vote. I'll send in a request to have the poll re-opened, since this is our lowest turnout since ... Passengers.

Ian, I am much more concerned about this:

Magnificent 41 53.25%

Ian, I am much more concerned about this:

Magnificent 41 53.25%
at least the band sound awake during magnificent and it isn't widely beating genuinely good studio stuff like the unforgettable fire. well, it is...but my point is studio bad sucks, it may be my least favourite thing on this list and i don't see the appeal.

at least the band sound awake during magnificent and it isn't widely beating genuinely good studio stuff like the unforgettable fire. well, it is...but my point is studio bad sucks, it may be my least favourite thing on this list and i don't see the appeal.

I was sort of inclined not to vote for Bad since the studio version doesn't affect me like it used to, but I've always loved it in any form and I figured I'd give it a boost in the hope it would come out ahead of WOWY.

Magnificent, on the other hand, has been a total flash in the pan for me. (Speaking of it, any final decision on your vote?)

I'm stunned Heartland is now coming last. Jesus.

i don't know if you can always write off new song results as being just because of the new album. magnificent is actually good.

i'll go for the -1 on breathe to get fez-being born some breathing space (ugh, not intended, honest) and +1 on magnificent just to push it closer to bad because deep at heart i'm a petulant 12 year old.

Well, I'm just speaking for me personally with the flash in the pan comment. Loved Magnificent when I first heard it, as you probably recall, but it's very quickly stopped resonating. I still rank it fourth on the album, but I don't think it's a U2 classic or worthy of such a high placing here.

Really, the only 2000s qualifier that I think deserves to be in this top 30 is Fez.

Going to the other end of U2's career, I'm stunned TEC is beating Gloria.

Ax are you still obsessed with White As Snow? I remember when the album came out you were one of its biggest supporters

Yep, White As Snow should've been one of the qualifiers, I reckon. The only 2000s songs that I think should have even been in contention for a top 30 place are TGBHF, Electrical Storm, Fez, and White As Snow.

Can't fathom how songs like NLOTH I and Breathe can make the final while White As Snow misses out.

as it stands right now, Fez-Being Born is in the 20th spot. i can handle it being in the top 20.

Oh God, why is Magnificent anywhere near the top of this list.

Can't wait until this poll is done again in a year and it barely makes the top 20.

and still don't understand how Mysterious Ways is not on the list (I know I read your "deciding vote" comment earlier in the thread. But Heartland is Top 30 (and currently #30) and MW isn't? :shrug: Whatever, it's only a random poll on the internetz. :happy:

In the 1990s semi, MW didn't poll as well as Heartland did in the 1980s semi anyway, so I don't know what your problem is. :shrug:

(Nor have you bothered to offer a better idea on how the tie should have been broken.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom