Best Song Survivor: 1990s Semi Final III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the third 1990s semi final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top five songs from this semi final will proceed to the grand final, where they will meet the top seven 1980s songs and top four 2000s songs. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

After Slug's departure, the second song to be ousted from the semis was also a Passengers song, Miss Sarajevo.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
16. Slug
15. Miss Sarajevo

EIGHTIES GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
26 votes: Miss Sarajevo
19: Last Night On Earth
16: Your Blue Room
11: Lady With The Spinning Head
4: Mysterious Ways, Acrobat, Lemon, HMTMKMKM
3: Mofo, Please
1: Zooropa, Stay
0: Until The End Of The World, The Fly, Gone
(Total votes: 96)

Glad Miss Sarajevo is gone.

Not quite sure what to vote here. Mysterious Ways or Lemon, perhaps? I'm kind of resigned to LNOE leaving. I hope YBR doesn't come under too much threat.

Comes down to one of Mysterious Ways, Your Blue Room, Mofo, Last Night on Earth, Please, Lady With the Spinning Head or Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me for me here.

...aaaand I'll give it to Mysterious Ways I think. Something about that song has just always bugged me I guess.

...aaaand I'll give it to Mysterious Ways I think. Something about that song has just always bugged me I guess.

There's something about the studio guitar tone that I don't find pleasing. It always sounds good live, but in the studio ... I can't put my finger on it.

There's something about the studio guitar tone that I don't find pleasing. It always sounds good live, but in the studio ... I can't put my finger on it.

Probably something about it being really, really quiet and buried in the mix.

Doesn't help that I like YBR and LNOE equally and would rather neither left.

Where do these complains even come from? I always thought the studio MW sounded pretty great.

I like all the songs on this list to some extent, I'm going with Please though.

For Mysterious Ways, I'm talking specifically about the chorus.

Your Blue Room and LNOE are clearly the next two to go but YBR needs to go first

When I complain about the guitar tone, I'm thinking specifically of the very start.

Oh. Well, the distortion is heavier on the album, while in the live setting (especially ZooTV), the focus is on the wah effect. I tend to agree that the live sounds better.

NOOOOO!!! Your Blue Room can't go! :sad:

I'm voting for LNOE again in this list of amazing songs.

Looks like people are kicking all the Passengers songs off first.

LAst Night On Earth, the studio version didn't deserve to make the final, pissed off that the two from Passengers went off before it. That will teach me to go away for a few days!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom