Best Performance In Rattle and Hum Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonna Run 2 U

New Yorker
This was a tough decision to make considering all of the great songs and performances in this movie. I think im going to have to go with Exit :drool:. It is 10 times better than the album version and the build up is really something else. With Or Without You comes next...Bad and SBS are tied.

Yeah I'm going with With or Without You :up: Then probably Exit. I like Edge on Van Diemen's Land too since that is always a treat with Edge on lead vocal.

Exit is super kick-ass, but this version of Sunday Bloody Sunday is the best one I've ever seen/heard, so I have to go with that.

I'm going to be in the minority here and say In God's Country. That's some pretty cracking rock n' roll.

SBS comes in second for sheer intensity.

I think all the performances on this movie are incredible, but I'm going to have to go with SBS. It just stands out as a performance of a song. The other songs may be awesome beyond awesomeness as well, but perhaps not the best they've ever played them - whereas this version of SBS simply blows the Earth out of the solar system. :drool:

the guy from Freedom for my People...

no, seriously.. EXIT is AMAZING.. the lights, the movement, everything... :love:

this version of Pride made me a fan. It was such a great filming and cutting - best concert movie ever. So many great shots and versions - Bad, SBS, Streets, WOWY, BTBS... they are all fantastic. Would habe been so wonderful if Joneau directed a ZooTV concert - I really hate the video-look of the Sydney concert.

SBS. All the performances are strong and I'm not generally into that particular song but that was intense.

A film with amazing performances all around. With or Without You is still the best version ever, Sunday Bloody Sunday has never been so intense and it is wonderful to have that amazing version of Exit in this quality.

A film with amazing performances all around. With or Without You is still the best version ever, Sunday Bloody Sunday has never been so intense and it is wonderful to have that amazing version of Exit in this quality.

Shame the the WOWY version here isn't the live version from a concert though. Still sounds fantastic though. I love Exit and God's Country.

Shame the the WOWY version here isn't the live version from a concert though. Still sounds fantastic though. I love Exit and God's Country.

Do you mean not from a concert meaning that it was performed on stage just for the cameras?

Ya know, I always thought something about WOWOY on Rattle and Hum seemed a little suspect. I always questioned whether or not Bono was lip synching because his mouth is moving like a mili second slower than the sound but I guess it was just the way the film matched up.

Ya know, I always thought something about WOWOY on Rattle and Hum seemed a little suspect. I always questioned whether or not Bono was lip synching because his mouth is moving like a mili second slower than the sound but I guess it was just it was the way was filmed.

Aye, the whole feel of the shot is wrong, but hey, the performance is fantastic and it does the song proud.

Back
Top Bottom