Best intro on HTDAAB!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best intro on HTDAAB

• Vertigo

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • Love And Peace Or Else

Votes: 40 24.1%
  • City Of Blinding Lights

Votes: 47 28.3%
  • All Because Of You

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • Crumbs From Your Table

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Yahweh

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Many of the songs on the new record have some REALLY cool intros. I like them all really! The Vertigo intro is a great one (can't wait for when the tour starts to see everybody saying it with Bono), LAPOE's industrial intro and ABOY punk rock made in Venus intro are awesome too. :D But my favorite one is COBL, I mean it sounds like classic Edge but it's fresh and original, kind of futuristic and a bit creepy but really beautiful. Already a classic in my opinion. :up:

It's a poll so now YOU have to vote. :D

Last edited:
This was really close between LAPOE and COBL, and I bet if you asked me again in five minutes, I'd go with COBL over LAPOE. But right now, I love the distortion and rocking Zooropa feel of the LAPOE intro.

Yahweh has a really beautiful intro with one of the best Adam basslines I ever heard. So, the rest of the song is a bit anticlimactic for me. But still a great song nevertheless. And not the best intro on the album for me! COBL wins.

Vertigo - the best intro ever. I love the "lights go down/its dark/the jungle in your head/can't rule your heart" bit too. Ubercool and still the best track on the album, continually getting better (both the song and the album - i originally rated HTDAAB 6/10 but its now a strong 8/10 and Vertigo is without doubt in my top 10 songs ever)

I love Miracle Drugs intro but the song falls a bit flat after that.

ABOY's intro is great too the unique sound before the gleeful stomping of The Edge. Who's the daddy? Edge's the daddy.

i love everything about ABOY except that intro. i really liked that acoustic one live from TOTP, but this seems kind of out of place.

i like the Yaweh intro alot, though! Very UF!
:bow:

I voted for All Because of You.

That single note pierces the heavens, opening a rift from which Edge's soaring guitar emmanates from a place deep within the soul, and descends down from transcendence!!! :drool:

This album is full of great intros. Full of great everythings, for that matter. Just for the fact that it opens the entire awesome album, Vertigo could deserve the vote, but my vote goes with Yahweh, because it starts the perfect song for the perfect finish.

Those are all interesting ideas, my favorite is probably ABOY - that one screeching note, then the distant few notes/the riff of ths song and WHAM, here comes the song!

Miggy D said:
My favorite is Miracle Drug...but apparently polls have biases now. :(

-Miggy D

:rolleyes:

You have got to be kidding me.

I don't see what Edge plays on Miracle Drug as an intro cause he keeps playing it as Bono starts singing. It's what he plays during the verses. If the song you wish to vote is not there than you don't have to vote at all.

UnforgettableLemon said:
the play button

brilliant :D

I'm going with Love and Peace or Else. That whole song is just one cool mofo, but the intro is the best. Seriously. Reminds me of the glory days of Pop :drool:

You know, I love the COBL intro so much that when I noticed this thread, I had a thought that "there are intros other than COBL on the album?" Yeah, I was having a very bright moment then.

Back
Top Bottom