Axtung Beibi Outtakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
There used to be a really good article about the "Salome:The Axtung Beibi Outtakes" set here on Interference, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone knew where it is?

Also, are all the songs on the single disc "The Achtung Baby Working Tapes" included on the 3-disc Salome set? I have both sets, but I'm too lazy to sit and compare the two. :wink:

Thanks!

I guess the 3-disc set includes all there is.

In fact there is a seven CD set

It was condensed into a three cd set to make it listenable.

Much of the 7 cd set comprises of virtually the same thing over and over again, endless drums loops, strumming, that kinda thing.

However there is definitely an outtake of Trying to throw your arms around the world which doesn't appear on the salome tapes, and suggests there are still more outakes there that haven't surfaced yet.

(presumably in the same cupboard as the zooropa outakes)

Ellay said:
In fact there is a seven CD set

It was condensed into a three cd set to make it listenable.

Much of the 7 cd set comprises of virtually the same thing over and over again, endless drums loops, strumming, that kinda thing.

However there is definitely an outtake of Trying to throw your arms around the world which doesn't appear on the salome tapes, and suggests there are still more outakes there that haven't surfaced yet.

(presumably in the same cupboard as the zooropa outakes)

:hmm:
I can't imagine what their vaults must look like...

Is the 7-disc set out there, or only in the hands of the person who condensed it?

I've been looking for the Salome outtakes for a while, but haven't been able to get them. Are they availible for download anywhere?

Not sure if they're available for download anywhere. I got them a while back from a friend who bought them years ago on ebay. Might be your best bet.

Yes the seven set disc is out there.

The 3 CD set is available for download as well, although I bought a proper pressed set, for about 8 quid on ebay just six or seven months ago.

If you get them, download the liner notes off of ebay to read while you listen to it.

They were written by a fan when the 3cd set was first released, they're only-very-slightly inaccurate, but they're a good guide to have, otherwise you could wonder what the hell you're listening to.

If you're a new U2 fan, there are other things I'd get before these, but they're an incredible insight into the way the band records their tracks.

What's significant, and probably explains why the meaning of U2 songs are often so ambiguous, is that it's clear they establish chord structures and riffs first, before experimenting with lyrics and melodies.

And it's also intresting the way they're prepared to throw out good ideas and start all over again in the name of getting it right.

neutral said:
I got mine from Sharingthegroove last year. I tried to seed them on u2torrents once, the torrent was immediately banned for being "stolen material".

That stinks. I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

I agree with Ellay---if you're a casual fan, don't get this stuff. Then again, how many casual fans are on here? :wink: Back before I got it, my friend made sure "I was ready to handle it" before he gave it to me! :wink:

I got the 3-disc salome tapes from a fellow interferencer some months ago. It's a great listen. I get the idea that the 7-disc set is simply too spread out for good listening and that there just isn't much in it that isn't included in one way or another in the 3-disc set.

namkcuR said:
I got the 3-disc salome tapes from a fellow interferencer some months ago. It's a great listen. I get the idea that the 7-disc set is simply too spread out for good listening and that there just isn't much in it that isn't included in one way or another in the 3-disc set.

But for the U2 packrat, it'd be nice to have! :wink:

Seen as how your talking about them.....best track on them is Shes gonna blow your house down......great stuff........a band that is stretching out and going for broke, sounds so fresh even when listened to today and on this track especially just listen to how Bono is driving the band on.....something that is sadly lacking in todays material.:wink:

Ellay said:
The 3 CD set is available for download as well, although I bought a proper pressed set, for about 8 quid on ebay just six or seven months ago.

Could you send me the link to get them? And the liner notes too, if possible. :D dr.nefarious@gmail.com

Also, neutral, I tried googling for that Sharing the Groove site, but only got an error. Has it been closed since?

I have the 3 CD set; I bought it in 1995 at a bootleg record store.

I don't know how to upload stuff; if anyone wants to point me in the right direction, I'll do it.

"heaven and hell"... :drool: :drool:
now imagine if that one got onto AB officially... wow. beautiful track.

and of course "blow your house down".. totally riveting and intense demo performance. just releasing that version alone, officially... would be something awesome.

Is the version of She's Gonna Blow Your House Down on the Achtung Baby outtakes any different from the version they were working on that was filmed and only seen on the Rattle and Hum outtakes DVD?

david said:
Is the version of She's Gonna Blow Your House Down on the Achtung Baby outtakes any different from the version they were working on that was filmed and only seen on the Rattle and Hum outtakes DVD?

ooooooh yes. :wink: :drool:

they turn it into a full blown hard rock n' roll song.. heavy, intense.. just brilliant.

i only have a few songs from the Outtakes (still looking for the rest), but have this one. want me to email it to you?

I might try and zip it tonight or this weekend. We'll see how well my internet connection handles it...

Back
Top Bottom