Anyone want to join me in Ireland? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2002, 07:10 PM   #21
War Child

Local Time: 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert Rose:
Oh boy have I heard anyone saying WITNESS?
I'm soooo up for it.
Haven't bought my tickets yet (yes they're bloody expensive but hey, it's a whole lot of good bands playing, think of it as paying 5, 10 euro per band or something) but I'm game!

And Lazy lazy lazyboy... when you coming dear?

WitNNess Rosa!! Damn Guinness sponsored mis-spelt wonderful weekend! You going
too?? I'd say you'll be ok getting the tickets nearer the date. Me and a friend just got ours today to make sure! No way am I missing it, all my favourite bands bar U2 and my favourite drink! But my mates are all cashless at the mo too so they asked and saleswoman said there's a fair few left. But don't leave it too late!

And when am I coming......well, depends on the date of the big piss-up I guess! Hey Rosa, you got some floor space I could borrow???

Anyone wanna take the bull by the horns and sort out this piss-up? It's gonna be tricky keeping everybody happy..

Old 05-12-2002, 01:47 AM   #22
The Fly

WitNNess, yeah!!! lol sorry brian I knew the mis-pelt thing, just can't type properly. I remember last year before Xmas there was this Witness party at the Ambassador with Pulp headlining (they were fecking awsome btw) and Jarvis said the name should be wittnnesh, something about getting pissed and starting witnnessssssshing your own shoes... lmao at that one.

And yes, there's always some floor space at my place! lol we've been organizing some funny parties lately (ask catdubh, zoomII...) and I'm getting used to wake up in the morning and notice a few people scattered all over the living room

As for the piss-up... yeah yeah yeah let's get things organized!

Old 05-12-2002, 12:46 PM   #23
War Child

Lol@the Jarvis thing, man, used to love Pulp, they gone all quiet lately. Glad to hear they still rockin! And cheers for the offer of the floor!

Sure I'll sort somethin out if anythin does materialise with this thing, but nice to have a bit of quality floor just in case!

Puttin all my plans into Witnness for now though .........oh and those feckin exam things...........blarghy...bring on the summmmmmmmmmmerrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Old 05-14-2002, 01:19 AM   #24
The Fly

Diemen- Me? Stalk the band? Never... *lol* No, seriously though...although I obviously *thought* about U2 when I was planning this, I didn't actually realize that I might meet them there until the reports from LemonBoy and Mullen-Girl started coming in last week.

Desert Rose: I'll email you soon! I just got home from a trip to NYC last night, I'm catching up on everything.

lazyboy, thanks again for the Witnness info. I'm getting really interested in going, I'm just going to have to pay for my plane ticket and see how much is left over, then I'll make final decisions. :-)

Ally & everyone else: yes! we must meet up for a piss up (is that a noun or a verb? *lol*), the 12th is good for me, although I'll be recovering from jet lag... but what better way to recover than getting exremely drunk? I'm pretty flexible too, though.

[This message has been edited by ZooGrl (edited 05-13-2002).]
Old 05-14-2002, 05:14 PM   #25
War Child

We shud meet up. I think I'm in Dublin from 18th - 21st July
Old 05-14-2002, 05:36 PM   #26
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:14 AM
Ok, peeps, let's get this piss up organized! since it looks like most, if not all, of us are doing Witness, perhaps the 12th is a bit crazy. hmmmm... Anyone have any other suggestions for dates? Perhaps we could do it the thursday before witnness (the 11th), but i think that's the day Zoogrl arrives, so that might not work, b/c we *definitely* need to include her... well, i guess we could always do TWO piss ups, that way everyone who wants to should be able to attend...

suggestion: we could do one for the 12th (or sometime around then), and also perhaps one a little earlier in the summer. my friends and i will be getting there on june 22nd, and so we'll be very excited to meet other people in dublin! would anyone be up for a gathering in say late june AS WELL as the one that ZooGrl has organized for around july 12th?

i am so looking forward to meeting you all! and glad that you all like to party as well!! (woohoo, Desert Rose!!)

and btw, lazy, Day 2 KICKS ARSE!!! you know it! just wait till you see gwen and no doubt, then oasis, basement jaxx, starsailor... *swoon* cannot wait!!
Old 05-14-2002, 07:53 PM   #27
The Fly

Ahhhh! You've all convinced me, I'm gonna go to Witnness... I'm going to be broke but I think it's worth it.
Mmm, Ally, good suggestion about two piss ups (lol-- this is becoming my favorite word)-- while I could do it July 11th I'm probably going to be so jet lagged that I'd fall asleep before consuming any alcohol!! Maybe a few highly caffinated Irish coffees would be in order ;-) But really, I'd like to meet you all so whatever day is best is good for me. Is the 12th ok or did we establish that it didn't work for anyone?

Augh... I started cleaning my room today, I'm not going to be moving my furniture but all my personal stuff has to go when I leave and I can't believe how much stuff I've accumulated here since last August. Moving is going to be a big job, grr.

BTW I've been meaning to email everyone personally, I'm still in the process of unpacking from my trip last weekend to NYC (which as I mentioned, turned into a full-scale cleaning operation); I will email you all soon!
Old 05-14-2002, 10:23 PM   #28
The Fly

LMAO... I don't believe this. I'm looking for flats in Dublin on the daft.ie site, and one pops up, it's located really close to the Principle office, then I see this:

"Area: Dublin 2, Dublin City
Type: Apartment to let
Summary: 2 bedrooms
1 bathroom
furnished
Rent: 1150 monthly
Description:
THE WINDMILL, WINDMILL LANE. Stunning two bedroom ground floor apartment in walking distance to City Centre. Accommodation comprises of two double bedrooms with fitted wardrobes, livingroom/diningroom, modern fitted kitchen and main bathroom. Features are, double glazing windows, fully furnished, NTL in livingroom and master bedroom, Eircom, fully alarmed, wood floors throughout, tiled bathroom floor, balcony area, walking distance to local amenities and City Centre. Suits 2/3 professionals. Available immediately. For viewing call Jason on numbers below...
Date Entered: 14/5/02 (yesterday)"

Windmill Lane!!! Geez, now I *am* starting to feel like I'm stalking the band! *lol* ;-)
Old 05-15-2002, 12:13 AM   #29
Refugee

Local Time: 04:14 PM
Late june is good for me too. Just let me know and I will make sure to have arrived in time.

I will probably do Witnness too.

You should know that it feels SOOOO good to be this flexible. Don't know when that happened last, if it ever has happened. Life is just a long list of plans, plans, plans and now I have nothing.... LOL

And Hay, I know the feeling about cleaning and packing. Remember I have my life spread in TWO apartments and one store and I have to move my furniture too... Oh my gosh... and sell my car and, and, and... Thank God everything is arranged with my horse so I can relax on that part.
Old 05-15-2002, 05:53 PM   #30
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by ZooGrl:
I'm looking for flats in Dublin on the daft.ie site, and one pops up, it's located really close to the Principle office, then I see this:

"Area: Dublin 2, Dublin City
Type: Apartment to let
Summary: 2 bedrooms
1 bathroom
furnished
Rent: 1150 monthly
Description:
THE WINDMILL, WINDMILL LANE.
Heya Zoo Grl,

Windmill Lane Apartments are quite nice but fecking expensive! Just thought I should let you know... got a couple of friends living there and they're kinda moving out cause they can't afford the rent!

Bah North side is so much better... and cheaper...
Old 05-16-2002, 10:42 PM   #31
The Fly

Hi Zoo Girl,
I'm going to be in Dublin from Aug 3 thru 10. I can't wait to go! It would be nice to meet some U2 fans in the city.
Kathy
Oh, can anyone recommend a good book about modern day Ireland?
Old 05-17-2002, 04:16 AM   #32
Refugee

Quote:
Heya Zoo Grl,

Windmill Lane Apartments are quite nice but fecking expensive! Just thought I should let you know... got a couple of friends living there and they're kinda moving out cause they can't afford the rent!

Bah North side is so much better... and cheaper...

Hey Rosa, maybe it was Brian's LMAO LMAO!!!! Don't be surprised if you find hidden beer cans here and there, Hay!

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

"If Larry's gay, I'll be a man!" -Michelle-

Me: '-Bono! Do u have Cardboard Adam in the studio?
Bono: 'Yeah! Actually, he does more work than the real one!
Old 05-17-2002, 07:05 AM   #33
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by CatDubh:

Hey Rosa, maybe it was Brian's LMAO LMAO!!!! Don't be surprised if you find hidden beer cans here and there, Hay!

*evil stare at Cat Dubh*

Suzie darling, Brian moved away to Cyprus and NO I WASN'T TALKIN ABOUT HIM! Grrrrr...
Got a couple of other friends who still live there... nice place though.

Heya would anyone let me know when the pub crawl thing is organized??? I wannna meet you guys!
Old 05-17-2002, 09:34 AM   #34
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:14 AM
Quote:

Heya would anyone let me know when the pub crawl thing is organized??? I wannna meet you guys!
yes, we need to organize this thing once and for all!!

a gathering for july 12th still works for me. is that OK with everyone? lazyboy had some reservations cuz he's going to witnness the next day... what do we think?

Old 05-18-2002, 07:42 AM   #35
Refugee

Quote:
*evil stare at Cat Dubh*

Suzie darling, Brian moved away to Cyprus and NO I WASN'T TALKIN ABOUT HIM! Grrrrr...
Got a couple of other friends who still live there... nice place though.

Meant no harm! Calm down, hun!

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone

Old 05-18-2002, 10:02 AM   #36
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by *Ally*:
yes, we need to organize this thing once and for all!!

a gathering for july 12th still works for me. is that OK with everyone? lazyboy had some reservations cuz he's going to witnness the next day... what do we think?

Got my witnness ticket and I'm still up for it...since everyone is going to witnness too we can al leave together, I guess the piss up can be our meeting spot.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!
Old 05-18-2002, 03:20 PM   #37
Refugee

OMG!! And TRAVIS are playing 21st July in Rathfarnham!! Yeeeeeee haaaaaa!!!!!!!!

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone

Old 05-19-2002, 11:41 AM   #38
The Fly

Dear Cat Dubh,

I was only kidding hun!!! Meant no harm either...

Old 05-20-2002, 04:29 AM   #39
Refugee

Quote:
Dear Cat Dubh,

I was only kidding hun!!! Meant no harm either...

Dear Rosa,

emoticons!

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone