Another Zooropa Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Another Zooropa Poll :happy:

• The Joshua Tree

Votes: 74 54.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 63 46.0%

• Total voters
redkat said:
Wait this poll was about zooropa vs. JT

then you said you like pop better than AB

I'm having trouble following you. Of course if you prefer to listen to something other than JT for years it probably has slid down your chart. That seems justified.

well ive also always said AB was my favorite U2 album.

but for the past couple years i say ive definitely listened to Pop more, more than any other U2 album.

thus making me realize that Pop is probably my favorite U2 album, even though I've always said AB was my favortie.

Chizip said:
you're all in denial

how long do have to "just want to listen to something new" until it becomes your new favorite.

i have preferred listening to Pop to the JT for a few years now. i think by now I can safely say it's past the joshua tree on my list.

just because you've believed something for a long time doesn't mean its necessarily true. i bet there are a ton of people here who have the JT as #1 or #2 on their lists but listen to other U2 albums a lot more.

i dare you all to look deep inside yourselves and challenge the status quo! change is good. i feel so enlightened.
I listen to Zooropa more than any other U2 album, but I don't always listen to the entire album.
Most of the time I will just listen to my favourites, such as Zooropa (the song) and Lemon.

However, when it comes to listening to the album the whole way through, The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Pop and How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb beats Zooropa easily (I suppose I listen to most of The Unforgettable Fire more often than Zooropa too, besides 4th Of July and Elvis Presley And America).

Zooropa has some of U2s best songs on it, but as a complete album it isn't as good as the likes of The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby, IMO.

Two albums that I love to hear straight through, in different situations. But, going song by song, JT wins. JT it's my #1, while Zooropa is probably my #10

I definitely listen to Zooropa more than JT. When I'm actually in the mood for JT, sometimes I'll just start at RTSS and skip the overplayed trilogy!

Chizip's revelation has got me thinking though! Cos Achtung is my favorite album and Pop is the one I listen to the most. :hmm:

Zooropa is my most listened too U2 album. and it may very well be my favourite. AB is a better album though.

Can we have a Zooropa vs October poll just so it can win one of these days? :sad:

Queen Bee said:
Zooropa. I usually only listen to The Joshua Tree in the summertime :nerd:

I agree with this :up: JT is great in the car on a summer's day, or while running through a corn field with the mp3 player on bust.

QB, I watched Arrested Development for the very first time tonight....pretty damn funny! :drool:

i have always liked pop > Joshua tree and pop > achtung baby.

however, i do like atomic bomb > pop.

StlElevation said:
i have always liked pop > Joshua tree and pop > achtung baby.

however, i do like atomic bomb > pop.

Does that mean you like HTDAAB more than JT, AB and Pop? Wow, that's like my top 3!

Guess people's tastes just vary! :huh:

I'm amazed at how close this is...anyway, I listen to more JT songs in playlists, but I listen to Zooropa as an album more, so I voted for Zooropa.

I was all ready to vote Joshua Tree til I actually read the poll....I definitely listen to Zooropa more, I especially like listening to it in the morning or at night (pretty much the only time I listen to music anyway). This is actually one of the only actual albums I listen to anymore. Most of the time I listen to live versions of songs, but Zooropa is one of the few that's better to just listen to the album. :drool:

JT is the only U2 album I can listen to all the way through (it's hard for me to deal with EBTTRT on AB, IYWTVD on Pop, Babyface on Zooropa, etc.). :yes: I listen to it all the time. Never get sick of it, it's like an old friend I always come home to at the end of the day. :hug: The other day I was really broken up and I stuck in JT and the opening organ of Streets healed all.

Zooropa hits the spot more often than not.
as for Joshua Tree, I need to be in a certain mood to listen to the album from start to finish.

.. Zooropa it is.

Zootlesque said:

Does that mean you like HTDAAB more than JT, AB and Pop? Wow, that's like my top 3!

Guess people's tastes just vary! :huh:

yes but i love all four almost equally, but I listen to bomb the most. yeah theyre 'easy to listen' songs but i still love them.

Speaking of Zooropa, I was sitting in my living room last night with only my Christmas lights on looking at the booklet for Zooropa. I got to the page with the teddy bear and in the dim, orangish light, there was a weird optical illusion happening. I never noticed this before, but then again I don't often try to read in the dark. Has anyone else seen this? I swear there were no drugs involved...:uhoh:

The Joshua Tree, yet Zooropa songs are in my head more and more now. Especially the Wanderer after that brilliant performance for the Johnny Cash special.

Joshua Tree is :drool: ...I can listen to it all day long! It is what made me fall in love with U2.
I like Zooropa a lot but Joshua Tree will always be on top for me!:wink:

Ok, I need to take my vote back. I voted before I saw the question and just assumed it was which album I thought was better. JT is better. Slightly. But in the last year I think I've listened to Zooropa more than any other U2 album.

Back
Top Bottom