Am I the only one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it looks like im pretty much the only one, except for one or two cool people

Stay is beautiful, one of their underrated songs.

I thought the Elevation version was better than the Zoo TV's attempt to re-create the perfect studio version.

Earnie Shavers said:

I adore Stay. It's hard for me to seperate Stay/Lemon/Zooropa as a favourite off that album, but - because I know you all know I'm going to say it - it completely and totally shits all over everything on the last two albums.

Yeah, okay.

How can Stay be under-rated when it's about the only song the general public even has a chance of knowing off Zooropa?

And on this forum, how can it be under-rated when most people here are praising it and including it in lists of U2's most beautiful songs?

Axver said:
How can Stay be under-rated when it's about the only song the general public even has a chance of knowing off Zooropa?

And on this forum, how can it be under-rated when most people here are praising it and including it in lists of U2's most beautiful songs?

Again it was just my opinion and yes unfortunately it was the only song publically released, Lyrically and melody-wise I Love it!!:wink:

A lot of people agree with you or me...I'st this world great??

BonoFox1 said:
unfortunately it was the only song publically released,

Not true. Lemon was a commercial single in some countries, and Numb was the lead single worldwide but issued in video format.

Aw, Chizip, you're not alone.
I think the entire Zooropa album is a bit overrated except for the title song.

U2dork said:
Aw, Chizip, you're not alone.
I think the entire Zooropa album is a bit overrated except for the title song.

well i disagree with you there, i love zooropa, just stay is one of my least favorite songs on the album

still lonely :sigh:

Zooropa is an all-around fantastic album in my opinion...but I do agree with you a bit Chip, Stay is not nearly as great as Zooropa, Numb, Lemon, and the ever incredible Dirty Day :drool: are.

Zootlesque said:
Yet another thread starting with Am I the only one!!! :mad:
He knows, he did it on purpose. :shifty:
On other forums, this sort of thread is known as a "lemming", because it's basicly making use of someone other's idea (like lemmings following eachother).

Only this one isn't so popular, is it, Chizip? At least my thread had quite a lot ppl who agreed with me. :wink:

actually, more people are agreeing with me in that yes, i am the only one that thinks that way.

most people disagreed with you, saying, no, you aren't the only one, i feel like that too.

so i win

go suck a lemming :wink:

Chizip said:
actually, more people are agreeing with me in that yes, i am the only one that thinks that way.

most people disagreed with you, saying, no, you aren't the only one, i feel like that too.

so i win

Bono and me say you're wrong.

So go home and get your shoe shine box. :madspit:

:wink:

Haha, nice try. Chizip has already won this one. In fact, he smashed WalkOn21 completely. :wink:

Chizip said:

so i win

:lmao: that was great!

I still don't agree with you though! :madspit:

Album version is immense..every bit as good as any of their other classic ballads...I love the production on it too, very interesting.

I think stay is a great song; one of my favorites off zooropa; but bono lists it in his top 5 in the latest rolling stone........

shit.....ain't that a bitch? one of your best songs ever, and you perform it on the last tour while usually forgetting the lyrics every night....:up:

come on bono......it ain't in the top 10 u2 songs, much less the top 5. however, if you, edge, larry, and adam play it for the remainder of the shows this tour, I might change my mind.

Stay is beautiful. Best song off Zooropa. It makes me tear up everytime I listen to it.

They should really bring back the full-band version, though with the way things are going, if we see it at all this tour it'll be acoustic :slant: just curious, what did Bono say are his top 5 songS?

Back
Top Bottom