Album News - Straight From Bono's Mouth!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allegra

Refugee
The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap,
No jokes here. I just copied this off of Poplemon's forum:

Author - Bajagirl

Just got this from a amialing list i belong too (Actually two) :

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:33:05 -0800 (PST)

Subject: OK Details

We were in Dublin just for one day.

Walked around, had a guinness in the Octagon Bar at The CLarence and
lunch in
Captain America's.

Then we walked over to Hannover Quai. One of the crew members came
out just
as we arrived. He was so kind to tell us that "nobody is here yet,
but they
will be later on"

About half an hour later Bono arrived in his big, black mercedes,
drove it
into the garage and waved to us. 15 minitus later the front door
went open and,
he just stood there!!!!

We had some pictures taken, cd booklets signed, shook hands. He said
he
hadn't much time , because he had some singing to do! Just before he
went back
inside, I managed to get his attention back, to ask "how about the
new album?

He sait (almost with these words) "it should be finished by the
summer, first
single will be out in september"

Asking about tourplans, we didin't get a real answer, but we, being
Belgian,
asked also about a tour list and he shouted "Belgium is ALWAYS on
it!!!"

Than he went back inside.

Dallas Shoo was also there, and he confirmed that Edge was comming
too.
Unforntunatly we had a plane to catch.......

I just had to share!

I belong to the Unsure What To Believe club right now. I hope it's later, like in September, because that gives me more time to save. The less time there is, the less shows I'll get to go to.

Wait happened with what O'Herlihy said about first single coming in June/July and the album in September?

:shrug:

Sorrry, but I' skeptical about these kinds of reports. How many have there been? I also don't believe Bono would devulge such info to a person on the street as secretive as they are about their business. They didn't even want that guy ignoreland to post about it, so I would say they don't want anyone to know until they are ready to announce it.

I was waiting for this to be another teaser and you to say " have you got any?"

There's been a ton of rumors around so I'll wait for it to be official to believe anything just yet!

I don't don't doubt that Bono said it and he might even believe it to be true...but I tend to take his words with a grain of salt these days.

Unless it comes from official sources other than Bono, I don't believe it. :laugh:

Same here.

I read about it on the Dutch U2 mailing list and I do trust the people reporting the news. However, I don't regard mentions by Bono about the album as the Gospel Truth.

:)

Marty

bono told me yesterday that the album will be coming out in september .. it's going to be called "everything you know is wrong" .. not sure if he was kidding or not

:wink:

I'm sure these fans aren't making up what Bono said, but it doesn't matter either way since the album's release date is hardly Bono's decision.

Bono broke into my house to steal my trousers I asked him why and he told me they are used as fuel for his spaceship he needs fuel to get back to his homeplanet of Zooropia. I said okay but if he'd tell me the name of the new album and when it is going to be released. Bono told me it is going to be called "Everything you know is all that you can't leave behind because Captain Skyhawk doesn't want to hold you thrill you kiss you kill you anymore in Harlem, Miami and New York." It will come out the day after yesterday.

martha said:
Bono also said that he was getting in shape to tour in the fall. Remember, he tends to get excited and talk too much.

I believe the story, but Martha's post sums up what Bono says IMO. The person to ask would be Edge. He is pretty level headed and would probebly give a more realistic and detailed answer. I think the album will be out late fall. The tour will start next spring 2005.

I understand that people get frustrated as they want a new album. But if U2 was happy with the album it would be coming out. Do you really want them to release something that they feel is incomplete or that they are not happy with? I certainly dont. At least another album and tour are coming. I'am glad they are taking their time and making sure it is right personally.

Allegra said:
No jokes here. I just copied this off of Poplemon's forum:

Author - Bajagirl

He sait (almost with these words) "it should be finished by the
summer, first
single will be out in september"

I just had to share!

Did Bono specify what year? Perhaps he meant summer 2005 which is fine with most of us here. But hopefully he didn't mean summer 2006.

Cheers,

J

I think some people just want the album to come out so badly that they think if they make up album news it will come true!:scratch: Everybody wants to be completely up to date, but really, the more you read about it, the more confused you get. :huh:

The Album will come out, and it WILL ROCK, so just relax. (Easier said than done! :( )

david said:
Bono broke into my house to steal my trousers I asked him why and he told me they are used as fuel for his spaceship he needs fuel to get back to his homeplanet of Zooropia. I said okay but if he'd tell me the name of the new album and when it is going to be released. Bono told me it is going to be called "Everything you know is all that you can't leave behind because Captain Skyhawk doesn't want to hold you thrill you kiss you kill you anymore in Harlem, Miami and New York." It will come out the day after yesterday.

there's one part of this story that just makes me believe that it isn't true. harlem's part of new york. bono knows that. eh i dunno... maybe he bumped his head on the flux capacitor while reentering the earth's orbitational pull on his trip back from zooropia :shrug: who knows

Back
Top Bottom