Album 13: Shit Gets Real

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$2 million? That's it? U2 are in bed with the fucking Bank Of America for a maximum of $2 million for Africans?

This company has knowingly sold hundreds of billions of worthless securities to unions and pension funds (New York state filed two different lawsuits against Bank of America and its subsidiaries on behalf of its pension fund, one of which was settled for $624 million)Bank of America Forced to Pay $335 Million to Exploited African Americans

Seriously? Could U2 not have found another company to partner with, one that is maybe just a smidgen less predatory?

BoA are using the U2 brand to whitewash their image, and U2 are helping to hoodwink the public into believing that this bank is something aside from a cancer on the world.

Try reading the whole article, bozo. It's $2 million plus a guaranteed additional $8 million from BofA. In addition, since the partnership was announced there's been another $20+ million pledged by other companies/philanthropists. It's safe to say there may be even more that comes in as a result of the ad.

So if the ad runs between first and second quarters, doesn't that mean it will be around 7, 7:15? So will the download really be active an hour before the commercial even airs?

Over/Under on how many of shaun vox's posts in the next 3 months are positive towards U2?

:D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Try reading the whole article, bozo. It's $2 million plus a guaranteed additional $8 million from BofA. In addition, since the partnership was announced there's been another $20+ million pledged by other companies/philanthropists. It's safe to say there may be even more that comes in as a result of the ad.

I thought it was $10mil guaranteed, $2mil potential based on album downloads and $2mil potential based on the number of people who donate through the button on the BoA page.

I thought it was $10mil guaranteed, $2mil potential based on album downloads and $2mil potential based on the number of people who donate through the button on the BoA page.

Plus Bill Gates is matching the BoA donation dollar for dollar. And others are coming forward as well. Not to mention we could see even more donations roll in during/after the SB ad airs. :up:

I don't care who the partnership is with. That is HUGE. Plus the best part is not only is it HIV/AIDS relief, we're getting a NEW SONG.

Over/Under on how many of shaun vox's posts in the next 3 months are positive towards U2?

:D

How many will contain the criticism 'not enough rock'??

They need a heartless corporation to bankroll this RED project and get the ball rolling. Like has been reported, other companies have jumped on board as a result of this. It's a great idea.

However, people are just going to think that BofA are U2's new sponsors, Bono sold out, etc.

<--- doesn't hate the Mannings.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people
BcittbUIAAAYc9U.jpg

Maybe I'm late to the party on this realization, but it hit me why they're being so coy about whether or not "Invisible" is on the new album....

because why would I download it, if I'm going to end up getting it on the album when I buy it, anyway?

...by the way, I do believe in the cause. So, I'm not just saying I'm gonna be a dick and wait it out. I may go for the download, depending on what I have to sign up for. I mean, come on, great cause and a new U2 song for free. can't beat that.

So, Bono referred to this song as "a taste of the new album" and Danger Mouse said recording is still ongoing...so Bono's earlier date of the record not coming out until June at the earliest is still very likely. This single is only coming out well before the album because it's going to help raise a lot of money...the album itself remains unfinished.

Maybe I'm late to the party on this realization, but it hit me why they're being so coy about whether or not "Invisible" is on the new album....

because why would I download it, if I'm going to end up getting it on the album when I buy it, anyway?

#1 The download on iTunes will be free.

#2 They may not know until the very very last minute if it will be on the album.

...by the way, I do believe in the cause. So, I'm not just saying I'm gonna be a dick and wait it out. I may go for the download, depending on what I have to sign up for. I mean, come on, great cause and a new U2 song for free. can't beat that.

They're not being coy.

It's on the album.

Can we have a forum with a stickied message at the top of each page?

Yep, they've said it's on the album.

Also, Rich79, you won't have to sign up for anything...just download the song via iTunes. I'm not sure why you wouldn't since your download automatically will literally send dollars over to this charity. It's a win-win for everybody.

This single is only coming out well before the album because it's going to help raise a lot of money...the album itself remains unfinished.

Do you realize that people are going to be numb to actual album release hype if the band blows its promo wad 4 months before it even comes out? Can you comprehend what a dumb business move that is, and that a modern exec like Oseary would prevent that from happening?

Get fucking real.

:applaud: Bingo! We have a winner!

I'm also going to say that we'll get album news either in the ad spot or immediately forthcoming. They want to generate buzz for the charity spot right now. And then shift the focus to the album.

I'm thinking something along the lines of "You downloaded Invisible for free and helped us raise XX million in HIV/AIDS research. Now buy our new album, and a portion of each album bought/downloaded will help further support (RED) research and outreach." :yes:

Guys. Now that it's been confirmed that Invisible is on the album I have a new theory.

There is no album!

Did the album get time shifted!?

From Rolling Stone:

In a groundbreaking move, rock band U2 has sent the master files of their new album "Unreachable" via time machine to the year 2025. Finished since December 2013, the band hopes to create a decade-long run-up to the album's release, with singles sent back in time to the present day once every 18 months to keep the momentum going.

Sources say Coldplay had been devising a plan to stream their new album from a satellite orbiting the earth. Upon hearing the U2 news frontman Chris Martin said "Impressive" with a trembling lip, and walked dejectedly back to his poinsettia garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom