ALBUM 13 - DOUBLE LP or NOT ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

Baby, baby, baby...
baby, baby, baby...
baby, baby, baby, light my way

oh baby, baby, baby...
baby, baby, baby...

oh come on,
baby, baby, baby...
baby, baby, baby,

repeat ad nauseum

Agree, personally I think the song is bland. I even find myself skipping it. Yes, there IS stuff on Achtung Baby, the holy cow, that may be not as great as some people make it out to be. There are two more candidates on the album that I feel are quite underwhelming. And while I loved the stage set up and performance of Ultraviolet on the 360 tour I couldn't stop thinking about how weak the song is overall.

Agree, personally I think the song is bland. I even find myself skipping it. Yes, there IS stuff on Achtung Baby, the holy cow, that may be not as great as some people make it out to be. There are two more candidates on the album that I feel are quite underwhelming. And while I loved the stage set up and performance of Ultraviolet on the 360 tour I couldn't stop thinking about how weak the song is overall.

Ultraviolet is one of my favourite U2 songs. It all comes down to taste.

I just read that Reg, so I was wondering if they *hopefully* keep on working in Dublin, and if with or without Danger Mouse. I mean, Electric Lady sessions are over? Who knows.

I just read that Reg, so I was wondering if they *hopefully* keep on working in Dublin, and if with or without Danger Mouse. I mean, Electric Lady sessions are over? Who knows.

Never a good sign when we see Bono doing speeches at conventions and charities...

For a band in a rush to finish the album, they don't seem in "marathon" mode at all

Fallon tonight BB

Is that right? I thought I saw that blurb as Fallon's show was finishing up. You think he'll interview them DM and Mercer?

Is that right? I thought I saw that blurb as Fallon's show was finishing up. You think he'll interview them DM and Mercer?

I seriously doubt it...If he dares to ask, DM will just smile at him and give the usual comment : "I can't talk about it...until the band is prepared to talk about it."

I know he's gagged by secrecy but it almost sounds like 2 kids after an ugly fight or argument : "I'm not talking to him, unless he talks first..." type thing

Last edited:
A chart update on Invisible. It's still doing very well on the U.S. Triple A chart. It's at #3 right now, but could surpass Lorde's Team today to move into the number two spot. If it does, it would tie Magnificent which I believe also peaked at #2 on the Triple A chart. It's holding steady on the Rock chart at #20, but has fallen into the 30's on the Alternative chart. I saw someone in the industry speculate that this song could have its greatest success on the Hot AC chart but so far it's not charting in that category. Perhaps because it hasn't been released to Hot AC stations yet?

On a side note, Ordinary Love is sitting at 31 at the Triple A chart. It has reached 99 on the Billboard Hot 100, I assume mostly on the strength of downloads.

U2 should be alternative and experimental again by naming the album 'Viva La Troika Or Banks And All Their Friends'. :)

The comments on Bono have become so predictable that I have a laugh at them each time there's a new political/social article on him.

I think it's funny that people think one talk takes SO much time.

I see Bono as someone who is a bit of a control freak and probably there a lot more than some theorize.

A chart update on Invisible. It's still doing very well on the U.S. Triple A chart. It's at #3 right now, but could surpass Lorde's Team today to move into the number two spot. If it does, it would tie Magnificent which I believe also peaked at #2 on the Triple A chart. It's holding steady on the Rock chart at #20, but has fallen into the 30's on the Alternative chart. I saw someone in the industry speculate that this song could have its greatest success on the Hot AC chart but so far it's not charting in that category. Perhaps because it hasn't been released to Hot AC stations yet?

On a side note, Ordinary Love is sitting at 31 at the Triple A chart. It has reached 99 on the Billboard Hot 100, I assume mostly on the strength of downloads.

Update: Invisible has moved into #2 on the Triple A U.S. chart, and is still picking up enough spins that it has an outside chance of reaching #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom