ALBUM 13 - DOUBLE LP or NOT ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have just lost the momentum. I think the relationship with DM has fragmented. I would like a statement from the band. Like a previous poster said before, edge was claiming they had 7 songs in the bag and Bono was talking two albums(again)

Sent from my SM-T210 using U2 Interference mobile app

u2 is like a drug and i can never say no,no matter how pissed off i am with them

oh, for sure. I'll just shelve my excitement until it's time to dust it off again.

And if nothing ever happens ... well, I'll eventually get to that mysterious "acceptance" phase.

I think that the are just covering the clusterfuck they created with this. It would not surprise me that DM is completely out of the picture, but they will give him the major producer credit, as a public display of the breakup (especially if it is ugly) would cause a rather bad publicity for U2, as DM is much more popular and cooler in music media circles today

:up: This

My guess also

I'm surprised there isn't more uproar about the news of inviting Ryan Tedder into the studio. I mean, wasn't a collabo with One Republic going to be the final straw for The Die Hard U2 Fan? :lol:

eta: Maybe that was One Direction...

I would be amazed if they released more than one album (12 songs) this year. I can't see it happening.

No we were not "close" to anything and the album has not been "delayed". There was never an official date announced, it has all been pure speculation so far.

All this crying over one silly magazine article. It's not like we have an official statement of anyone from the band or management and I'm pretty sure we won't get any because it's also based on rumors.

We have statements from band members, one very strong from Bono from only a couple of days ago, and nothing is hinting towards a 2015 release. It's ridiculous to freak out like that now.

But yes, IF true, that probably means: Starting from scratch. They don't postpone an album for another year if they have half of it ready as Edge said. And 30 songs or two albums planned as Bono said. Something's very foul here.

The Billboard article doesn't reveal much, it's mere speculation and a summary of what's been happening in the last months. No direct quotes, no interviews, no official statements.

In a better world, people like U2 would serve as mentors to bands like OneRepublic. But instead, U2 are acting like amateurs enlisting all these young guys, "Please, give us hits again!"

Its my birthday in two weeks and everyone thats asked me what i wanted ive just said "money cause u2 will be touring soon"

Mine was yesterday and I asked the same thing. Damn

But yes, like I said before, I felt a bittersweet tone in DM declarations about U2's album. Produce an U2 album is a very intense full time job and nerve wracking situation. Maybe U2 dind't felt the album were ready, and DM didn't have the time - or patience - to get through all this again.

Or DM's album is ready and we're speaking of Artificial Horizon II

They have just lost the momentum. I think the relationship with DM has fragmented. I would like a statement from the band. Like a previous poster said before, edge was claiming they had 7 songs in the bag and Bono was talking two albums(again)

Sent from my SM-T210 using U2 Interference mobile app

DM probably just said "Ok fuck that...that's enough guys. You guys are awesome but it's been 3 years and you can't get your mojo back ? after all we've done together...?" I've got 4 records lining up for me to produce this year. See y'all...

No we were not "close" to anything and the album has not been "delayed". There was never an official date announced, it has all been pure speculation so far.

All this crying over one silly magazine article. It's not like we have an official statement of anyone from the band or management and I'm pretty sure we won't get any because it's also based on rumors.

We have statements from band members, one very strong from Bono from only a couple of days ago, and nothing is hinting towards a 2015 release. It's ridiculous to freak out like that now.

But yes, IF true, that probably means: Starting from scratch. They don't postpone an album for another year if they have half of it ready as Edge said. And 30 songs or two albums planned as Bono said. Something's very foul here.

The Billboard article doesn't reveal much, it's mere speculation and a summary of what's been happening in the last months. No direct quotes, no interviews, no official statements.

Don't be ridiculous. The article states that it has been confirmed with multiple sources. And that they had been talking to an Interscope rep. And that they had discovered solid plans for the tour to previously have begun in September 2015 which is now set to begin in summer 2015.

The band blinked.

Bono just said less than a week ago that they were working on two albums and now we (supposedly) aren't getting even one of them until next year?!

*rage, sadness, etc.*

We can't blame Spiderman anymore, so whose fault is it now? Nelson Mandela, Coldplay, or Benedict Cumberbatch? :wink:

??? Billboard isn't the National Inquirer or The Sun. It's an industry publication, and while I'm sure it has gotten things wrong before, it's not going to burn bridges by posting baseless rumors from record company interns. This is the real deal.

Lots of other publications seem to put stock in it too... the story has been picked up by Rolling Stone, USA Today, and others.

I think it's only a matter of time before we get something official (albeit with a "positive spin" on it) from U2.

Them having their confidence shaken from losing out on the oscar is really dumb....and if true it would mean they really have lost the plot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom