Age Poll - everyone respond please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How old are you?

• <10 years old

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 10-13 years old

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 14-17 years old

Votes: 16 7.7%
  • 18-20 years old

Votes: 40 19.3%
  • 21-24 years old

Votes: 49 23.7%
  • 25-30 years old

Votes: 50 24.2%
  • 31-35 years old

Votes: 20 9.7%
  • 36-40 years old

Votes: 17 8.2%
  • 40-50 years old

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • 50+

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Old and proud

My age is listed twice so I don't know what to pick! I'm 40, 40 years and 7 months. Should I pick 36-40 or 40+?

I wanted to do kind of an age poll, only it was a geezer check to see how many of us are in the "U2 Generation" with me, Bono's American Wife, and Doctorwho, who is old!

Then again, you have to consider that young people, like between 13 and early 20's are the ones who frequent the internet the most. So while this may be an accurate description of this site's base, it's probably not accurate of U2's fan base.

16 and damn proud of it since I'm the only one of my whole school that is a U2 fan - somebody has to represent the best band on earth, right? :D

MiniFly said:
Then again, you have to consider that young people, like between 13 and early 20's are the ones who frequent the internet the most. So while this may be an accurate description of this site's base, it's probably not accurate of U2's fan base.

This is true. I have always thought that the opinions expressed here were not a scientific representation of the entire fan base. I know many good older U2 fans who just don't have the time to play around on the internet, but that doesn't mean they care less about the band. They are some of the best fans in the world. In all there are probably more 30+ U2 fans than anything, those of us who came to like them in the 80's as a teenager or young adult. But on the internet you see mostly college age or younger because that's who has more of a chance to be on the internet more. All fans of all ages are cool and important to the band, but you're right, the demographics of this site are going to be different than the entire fan base. This poll, if participated in by enough, will be a good way to measure the demographics of who comes to this site.

thank God i live in america where since i'm 18 i can:

inject myself with cancer

vote for candidates who don't care about me and will no doubt steal my social security

gamble my piddly pay checks away

get arrested for doing stupid shit

but NOT buy alcohol.

strange.

Sicy said:

um no, try 29.. soon I will be 30

er...yeah I know, I'm just freakin out cuz I remember the days when I thought all my 26-27 year old friends were "older" and now I'm at that age.

And 30 is creepin it's ass up on me. :no:

wow, there are two here above 50. Thats cool!

dad?

no...didn't think so

MiniFly said:

Yeah, this is true...My mom is 47 and a HUGE U2 fan (she got me into them!) but she doesn't use the net nearly as much as me. With Popmart and before, she was telling me what was going on with the band, now I tell HER.

FallingStar said:
16 and damn proud of it since I'm the only one of my whole school that is a U2 fan - somebody has to represent the best band on earth, right? :D

I was the only U2 fanatic in my school...it's cool though because it's what I was remembered for. Everybody says they can't help but think of me whenever they see or hear U2. :)

Back
Top Bottom