Whip Ma Whop Ma Gate, York Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian, GG2, Bonnie and I already do this, but we're getting overwhelmed by the :hyper:ers. :(

We don't get in soon enough.

Maybe we should try to divert every thread into a discussion about some esoteric U2 topic that most n00by fans wouldn't know enough to discuss. Shut them out. I mean, it's not as if the current threads stick to the topic anyway. We'd be able to link it back and keep things connected to the topic.

WE HAVE A NEW U2 CONSPIRACY ON OUR HANDS.

ADAM CLAYTON ACTUALLY READS INTERFERENCE OMG!

Probably he took it up after Sebastian Clayton came weeping to him about all of our mean U2.com comments.

Hey, why have we had so many non-STers here recently? It confuzzles me that other people would actually care about this place.

There have been non-STers here? Who? Evidently I haven't been on at the right times to meet these strange aliens.

Hey, why have we had so many non-STers here recently? It confuzzles me that other people would actually care about this place.

Since the forum got more active after U2 began to look like they're doing something?

Maybe we should try to divert every thread into a discussion about some esoteric U2 topic that most n00by fans wouldn't know enough to discuss. Shut them out. I mean, it's not as if the current threads stick to the topic anyway. We'd be able to link it back and keep things connected to the topic.

I would totally be up for this if it weren't for the fact that most of the n00by fans would try and bullshit their way through, then when they realise they're out of their depth, start calling us names, reporting us and so on.

I'm more than happy to stay here and mock, and throw in the occasional hand grenade of good sense.

Probably he took it up after Sebastian Clayton came weeping to him about all of our mean U2.com comments.

So the frequency of TTMAD on the War tour then?

Since the forum got more active after U2 began to look like they're doing something?

We should find a way to weed out the good, proper people who'll contribute from the n00by types who come in, don't understand us or the premise of this place, and start complaining and stuff. Something like the parable of the wheat and the tares.

I fail to see what this thread has to do with U2 at all. Do any of us like them?

Let's see... Ax helps run u2gigs.com, most of the STers participate in the Survivor threads, and help each other compile alternate tracklists for U2 albums, and we're on a U2 forum...

Nope, none of us like U2 at all. :D

Especially not Ax, being the music critic who knows nothing and all.

Let's see... Ax helps run u2gigs.com, most of the STers participate in the Survivor threads, and help each other compile alternate tracklists for U2 albums, and we're on a U2 forum...

Nope, none of us like U2 at all. :D

Especially not Ax, being the music critic who knows nothing and all.

I contributed a large amount of setlist data to u2gigs.com. Doesn't mean I like em.

And I like the blue of this place. :D

I would totally be up for this if it weren't for the fact that most of the n00by fans would try and bullshit their way through, then when they realise they're out of their depth, start calling us names, reporting us and so on.

I'm more than happy to stay here and mock, and throw in the occasional hand grenade of good sense.

Touche. :(

You know, ever since the Superthread crowd withdrew from EYKIW, that place has been a sewer. Gradually, all the smart crowds have just given up and gone away to their own corners of the forum, while that forum has been left to the terminally daft.

I fail to see what this thread has to do with U2 at all. Do any of us like them?

You hate them the most out of all of us. I'd say most of us like at least SOMETHING about U2. Personally, had they quit on 11 January 1990, they'd be my favourite band ever.

So the frequency of TTMAD on the War tour then?

:lol:

We should find a way to weed out the good, proper people who'll contribute from the n00by types who come in, don't understand us or the premise of this place, and start complaining and stuff. Something like the parable of the wheat and the tares.

Haha zing. I was quite happy to welcome gump on the basis of his Survivor voting patterns, of all things, and it turns out he was a PolSci major who's now working on a PhD. Win!

You hate them the most out of all of us. I'd say most of us like at least SOMETHING about U2. Personally, had they quit on 11 January 1990, they'd be my favourite band ever.

:lol:

Haha zing. I was quite happy to welcome gump on the basis of his Survivor voting patterns, of all things, and it turns out he was a PolSci major who's now working on a PhD. Win!

I so do not hate them the most when I'm on drugs.

Touche. :(

You know, ever since the Superthread crowd withdrew from EYKIW, that place has been a sewer. Gradually, all the smart crowds have just given up and gone away to their own corners of the forum, while that forum has been left to the terminally daft.

Yeah, the three Musketeers seem to have moved to various parts of LS, we're obviously here, and there are others in the Temple Bar and It's Official.

Fuck em. How about we all bring shotguns to threads then?

LET'S DO IT.

bloodsport.gif

I was initially a bit suspicious of gump, but he seems like a pretty awesome person, and got with things real fast. :up:

I was initially a bit suspicious of gump, but he seems like a pretty awesome person, and got with things real fast. :up:

Haha, we're so wary of new people. But anybody who can join us in mocking EYKIW and can name-drop when I bitch about post-modernist/post-colonial PolSci wankery is a potential Superthreader!

Now that's worth a bitch slap :grumpy:

Howdy folks :wave:

OK, would you be happier if I said 22 March 1998?

Holy freaking shit.

So I'm at the dentist, right, and I get my mouth swabbed and tested, turns out the environment in my mouth is conducive towards causing cavities or something like that, cause it's a mostly acidic environment which is good for bacteria.

Then I get given this solution to rinse my mouth with to change the environment within. Fine, I say. I just tried the solution, and it was literally like gargling drain cleaner.

I realised that the easiest way to up the pH level on something is to, well, put the other thing in until the pH moves. So essentially, I was rinsing my mouth with a hard basic solution for a minute! Even though I haven't had a cavity in oh, ten years? :happy:

Haha, we're so wary of new people. But anybody who can join us in mocking EYKIW and can name-drop when I bitch about post-modernist/post-colonial PolSci wankery is a potential Superthreader!

OK, would you be happier if I said 22 March 1998?

No, cos that leaves out Bono's Beautiful Day hair cut :drool: Somewhere in the early 90s?

So this new single will be on Dave Fanning's show Monday night Oz time?

So this new single will be on Dave Fanning's show Monday night Oz time?

Damn well hoping so. I propose we get onto it ASAP, get the mp3, give it a good few listens, then post an objective review of it in EYKIW post-haste before EYKIW gets flooded with "OMGG BEST SONG EVAAAAA :hyper: 30 GRAMMIES" and "more music for bland aging housewives, u2 suk".

So the axe finally dropped, no more free internet access at work. :sad: Any surreptitious access is before work, after work or at lunch only.

AND my supervisor came to my desk today and asked what this "U2 forum" is I keep accessing... :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom