What was your first ever concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was Styx, the "Mr Roboto" tour. :uhoh: The show opened with a flood of colored smoke and they all rose up out of the stage inside big robot costumes and broke out of them, then started the song. It was....something. I went with my friend and we kept asking her parents over and over what that weird sweet smell was coming from those people's "cigarettes". :whistle:

beli said:

If you are truely Morten Harket incognito then I'm guessing you must have been to a Duran concert at some point in your life, yes? :wink:

Ofcourse :wink: Being Morten Harket its my duty to support other 80´s bands. Thats why i visit this forum.

This is me imitating Mr.Bono

Harketbono.bmp

Look out for our new record

Last edited:
im young but i was able to get to tinley park and see the who(or whats left of them) augost 24th 2002

Journey, Santana, Thin Lizzy and Eddie Money ... August 5, 1979.

The concert was called "A Day In The Park" ... it was at Chicago's Comiskey Park ...
I went with my older brother and sister who were babysitting me since my parents were out of town ... They always remind me of how I seemed to enjoy the music that day ...
although I was so-ooo young I don't remember it ...

The first concert I remembered surprisingly enough was again Journey ... I grew up listening to them at a very young age and became quite a fan ... still enjoy their 70's and 80's music ... but I wouldn't go see them in concert anymore now, since they replaced their original lead singer, Steve Perry ...

Last edited:
My very first was Mud! (Only the Brits will know that name) Then it was Floyd (Animals tour), Ramones w/Talking Heads, Boomtown Rats, The Jam, The Clash, The Stranglers and all that good stuff.

The OOTS said:
The Police
The Fixx
Madness
Oingo Boingo
Thompson Twins

One show - 1983

Damn this lineup would have sent me into a coma! Just goes to show there were some bloody awful bands in the 80's.

yimou said:

Ofcourse :wink: Being Morten Harket its my duty to support other 80´s bands. Thats why i visit this forum.

This is me imitating Mr.Bono

Harketbono.bmp

Look out for our new record

:lmao: Very good impersonation too, Mr Harket.

New record? Please describe the sound of the new record as accurately as our hero Bono describes U2 records.

beli said:

:lmao: Very good impersonation too, Mr Harket.

New record? Please describe the sound of the new record as accurately as our hero Bono describes U2 records.

I think its our best album to date, and yet it feels like its our first.
We feel like its time to talk about the human body again, so you can expect titles similar to "Take on me" and "Touch me".

Right now some working titles are

Closer please - A very modern track that sounds like Nik Kershaw.
Put your hand on my thigh - Naturally this will be a tear jerker.
My hands are made for you - Another tear jerker.
Embrace me - Up-tempo song with lots of drums.
Lets only book seat on the plane baby - My favorite

My first was Pink Floyd in 1988. It was post-Roger Waters but still pretty cool for a first concert. I don't remember a whole lot about it though. I guess that's probably not atypical for a Floyd concert, but I wasn't even partaking in any substances except a couple of beers. Must have been all that second-hand marijuana smoke around me. :wink:

It didn't exactly make up for not being able to see U2 when they came to my state the previous year (it's a long story - and no, I'm not bitter at all, dammit! :mad: )

Eliv8 said:
My very first was Mud! (Only the Brits will know that name) Then it was Floyd (Animals tour), Ramones w/Talking Heads, Boomtown Rats, The Jam, The Clash, The Stranglers and all that good stuff.

:D :up: fantastic!... (just a little bit jealous) though I did catch the Stranglers here in Aus about 1978 ...

Ironically enough - Michael Jackson, Kooyong Stadium, Melbourne November 1997.

Great show, excellent singer, glad he's been found not guilty and I hope he DOES sign that Vegas contract as I'll be flying over to have a look real soon! Go Michael!

yimou said:

I think its our best album to date, and yet it feels like its our first.
We feel like its time to talk about the human body again, so you can expect titles similar to "Take on me" and "Touch me".

Right now some working titles are

Closer please - A very modern track that sounds like Nik Kershaw.
Put your hand on my thigh - Naturally this will be a tear jerker.
My hands are made for you - Another tear jerker.
Embrace me - Up-tempo song with lots of drums.
Lets only book seat on the plane baby - My favorite

:lmao:

I read your post this morning and I'm still laughing. Best post ever :love:

DEF LEPPARD
Glasgow SECC 1992, the 7 day weekend tour
in the round,
an excellent gig,

Just off now to see a band, dont know if you have heard of them there called U2, see you soon :bow: :dancing: :rockon: :giggle: :lol:

Last edited:
This is a little embarassing but since I was a kid with my parents I have an excuse right. It was a week in Lake Tahoe not much else to do so we saw
The Pointer Sisters
Andy Williams and the Smothers Brothers
Johnny Cash
Can't remember the order

For real concerts it would be Billy Joel with my dad
or Oingo Boingo
First moshpit Fishbone almost got killed
first surfing the moshpit No Doubt when they were playing small clubs and hanging out in the audience
Oh I miss those days:drool:

My very first concert was R.E.M. last October. The 23 I think It was. I saw them in Atlantic City. What an amazing show. Second best show I've seen. I've seen the Pixies, Elvis Costello, and U2 now since then, and have tickets for Coldplay in August and U2 again in October. R.E.M. will always be special though for being my first concert.

Few things rock as hard as hearing "Get Up" or "Maps and Legends" from 11 rows back.

Back
Top Bottom