What was the absolute worst motion picture you've ever sat through?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
501641~The-Medallion-Posters.jpg

Oh my God it was terrible. I suggested we leave, but my date thought it was funny. :crack:

There have been a lot of great answers in this thread. Also a lot of poor answers. Also a lot of poor answers that aren't surprising at all, so that's alright.

As for this:

WinnieThePoo said:
Gladiator , flick felt like a cheesy broadway show , a real shitty blockbuster , and It received an oscar , oh well ......

Either you've just seen very few movies in your life time, and somehow managed to only see truly great ones, as well as seeing extremely few broadway shows, hense the ridiculous standards

Oooorrrr, your tastes really are as weird (read: crap) as I've been led to believe.

I'm going to to put my head in the smasher here, and say that I have actually sat through a Disney Channel movie before out of sheer boredom and curiosity:

Buffalo_Dreams_Promo.jpg

Look at the poster. LOOK AT IT! It's poorly photoshopped. They couldn't even take 10 minutes to do it right. The movie must have been written in less time than it took to photoshop that image; it's the story of a boy who works on a buffalo reserve and becomes one with nature. :| If this ever comes on, tape it, because it's friggin hilarious. Horrifyingly bad, but hilarious.

How could you possibly pick Freedomland? It's "...Samuel L. Jackson's Best Work Ever..."!!!

:wink:

A Time to Kill wasn't bad, neither was The Lost Boys, but the rest. :barf:

Hurlyburly.

I've rented some clunkers over the years on Netflix, but this is the only movie for which I've ever given a measly 1 star. It was godawful. I'm pretty sure I watched the whole thing, but then again I've tried as hard as I can to erase this film from my consciousness.

"Ambition, sex, money and drugs are part of an average couple of days for 1980s Hollywood players Eddie (Sean Penn) and Mickie (Kevin Spacey) -- who maintain that things wouldn't be so bad if they could only figure out the meaning of it all. "

Last edited:
Lancemc said:
How could you possibly pick Freedomland? It's "...Samuel L. Jackson's Best Work Ever..."!!!

:wink:

i'd like to see the rest of the quote both before and after the ...'s. I think it may verify my pick. :wink:

The Super Mario Bros. movie.

The games are beyond classic. Truly some of the greatest masterpieces in the history of gaming.

The movie is nearly unwatchable. Not that you'd expect anything good to come out of a movie based on a game where the object is to collect coins, jump on turtles, and go up and down pipes.

Wow, I was just going to post "Eraser Head" and say, I love David Lynch, hence the reason for renting this.....but OMG!...it is the strangest thing I have ever sat through....I just kept waiting and waiting for something...anything:huh:

I loved Mulholland Drive, though :wink:

corianderstem said:
Mine would have to be Lost In Space. God, did that suck.

OH GAWD DAMN, YES!!!!

I forgot about that pile... Matt Leblanc and Heather Graham cancel out any kind of acting that William Hurt or Gary Oldman can muster...

I forgot about this one too:

Starship-Troopers-Posters.jpg

Some people seem to think it's supposed to be a satire but I don't see it... Plus Denise Richards piloting that giant spaceship with that giant stupid grin on her face the whole time?? :tsk:

i don't remember the name of it, but there was some jodi foster movie that was like 190324812904 hours long. i sat through that entire shit, and it turned out that the "alien" was her dad...IN A DREAM.

maybe i missed the point, but i was pissed.

dinosaur-poster-0.jpg

before the movie...

Me: "Dad, no!... Mom, tell him"

Dad: "Oh, come on... IT'S A DISNEY MOVIE!!!"

Me: ":|... it's still BAD"

Dad: "You'll see"

(This was in 2000... I was 16 ¬¬)

after the movie...

Me: "See?..."

Dad: :|

BTW: he never said sorry or anything, but still he knew it was plain bad...

The best part was the CHICKEN RUN preview... :p

MPW-25008

I even saw it twice to give the movie the benefit of the doubt because, clearly, I felt like the only person in America who couldn't stand that movie. I didn't change my mind.

constantineposter.jpg

shes_the_man.jpg

:barf:

I actually saw both of these IN THEATRES. $20 I'll never get back... :sigh:

(I've since pretty much stopped going to movies with my friends. I love them and all but...just...no...:wink:)

Constantine was brilliant. BRILLIANT.

Come on people. When Key Ahn Nu tricked the devil, he flipped him off on his way to heaven.

The devil.

The finger.

Oh that's rich.

And bad ass.

Its almost ironic.

Does the devil get mad?

Or does he chuckle cause he was beat at his own game?

(sorry for the Rosie O'Donnellness of this post)

Back
Top Bottom