What in the H-E-Doublehockeysticks were they thinking? Worst cover songs. Ever.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
file under "what were you thinking Jimmy Page"

Puff Daddy / Kashmir

Last edited:
Jessica Simpson - Take My Breath Away
A Perfect Circle - Imagine
The Duff Sisters - We Are Siamese
Madonna - American Pie
Sheryl Crow - Sweet Child O' Mine

Macfistowannabe said:
Jessica Simpson - Take My Breath Away

Yes. Also, why in the hell did she have to cover Robbie Williams' "Angels"? I love that song, and her version of it is just...argh!

Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
A Perfect Circle - Imagine

I actually don't mind their version of this song. A hell of a lot darker a version, but it's still kinda interesting to me nonetheless.

That does remind me, though, of one other cover I forgot earlier that I can't stand: Disturbed's version of Tears For Fears' "Shout" (another song I love)-I really don't like the way they did it-they even sampled a bit of "Ice, Ice Baby" during their version of the song, too! I heard that and was like, what the hell? No!

Angela

tennispunk said:
Madonna - American Pie
Dropkick Murphys - Fortunate Son
Sleater-Kinney - Fortunate Son
U2 - Beat On the Brat
U2 - All Along the Watchtower
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - everything they've ever recorded

i actually like dkm's cover of 'fortunate son'. what i don't like is what they did with 'guns of brixton'. they do a mean 'baba o'riley' at any rate...

me first and the gimme gimmes recorded one good thing. and that is on 'runi johnny's bar mitzvah': 'the longest time' with the 'suspect device' intro. that is funny.

rupertg said:
file under "what were you thinking Jimmy Page"

Puff Daddy / Kashmir

:ohmy:

seeing as i had no idea that existed, then what i've heard about that 'rap thing that sounds like zeppelin' is true.

that's disturbing.

fah said:
Celine Dion - Happy Christmas (War is Over) :down:

How could she :mad:

Whaaaaaaa...

Never heard this. Not sure I want to.

Speaking of Celine, by the way...how about her, um...oh, hell, let's just call it butchering of AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long" that she did at that Divas show in whatever year it was (never actually watched that particular show, but I've heard clips of her performance of the song in other things, and...wow. No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, dear freakin' god, NO!). Like the one guy from...Anthrax, I think it was, said in the least metal moments show when talking about this: "Do I really need to explain why Celine Dion doing 'You Shook Me All Night Long' is one of the least metal moments?"

Angela

fah said:
Celine Dion - Happy Christmas (War is Over) :down:

How could she :mad:

i heard that! it was horrible!

at least that's who i think was doing it. i was awful.

DaveC said:
i am going to murder you and eat your children.

how the fuck anyone can enjoy that, let alone listen to it is completely unfathomable. :mad:

I hate to disappoint you, but I don't have children. :sexywink:

I never said that it was great or should be enjoyed by everyone. I certainly understand why people would hate it (hence me mentioning it in this thread). But I like it. End of story.

Melon

Saracene said:
William Shattner - Common People (although his cover is so plain bizarre it almost emerges on the other side of badness, :))

:lmao: I've heard it and know exactly what you mean, but does that mean its not really that bad? :huh:

Madonna - American Pie
Pet Shop Boys - Streets
Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb (what were they thinking??!!)
U2 - Beat on the Brat & Paint it Black

That Jessica Simpson cover blows chunks. God, how I hate her voice.

Saracene said:

William Shattner - Common People (although his cover is so plain bizarre it almost emerges on the other side of badness, :))

that cover of that song is great!

celine dion sucks and needs to be banished to the firey pits of hell

six feet under really deserve a prize for suckiness with their "graveyard classics 2" (makes me worried what vol. 1 was).

hilariously bad cover of ac/dc's back in black. the entire album.

yertle-the-turtle said:
The Specials covering 'Somebody Got Murdered' was pretty bad. I like the Specials, I like 'Somebody Got Murdered', but no, they don't mix.

oh yeah. i forgot about that. that was bad. they didn't do a very good job with 'dirty old town' either.

Surely. I guess she changed the lyric to "Hope I don't die before I get old".

I really can't stand Celine Dion's version of Roy Orbison's "I Drove All Night." Thankfully it wasn't played on the radio for more than a week or two.

IWasBored said:
six feet under really deserve a prize for suckiness with their "graveyard classics 2" (makes me worried what vol. 1 was).

hilariously bad cover of ac/dc's back in black. the entire album.

Ohhhhhh, wow, I heard their version of this song once on some rock station. 'Twas a very...bizarre...version, indeed...

Also, the guy from the Darkness did "Vertigo"? Odd...that'd be very interesting to hear...

And I have heard Jamie Cullum's version of "Everlasting Love". It's different.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom