Wake Island, USA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should. There's a flock of ducks living in a canal by my house and they stop traffic regularly. Because they all decide to cross the street instead of swimming under the road. And when they decide to do this, it's like a duck concert's just gotten out. They're all waddling everywhere and quacking at each other.

The quail do something similar. Except they will run or fly into the middle of the street, hold their little quail convention, then run like hell to the other side of the road.

:laugh: :laugh:

Birds stopping traffic = win

This, I think, is my best duck photo.

s640x480

:laugh: :laugh:

Birds stopping traffic = win

Those damn ducks can stop traffic for a solid 15 minutes if they want to. And you can't honk at them, cause they'll just quack at you and try to bite your fender. So you just have to sit there and watch them cross the street in a pack.

Wow, that's a really good shot!

It is an amazing shot. Got the water just right and everything.

:respect:

Heh, I was showing off how fast the camera can photograph to Alison when we were at the Zoo. So I just focused on that duck and sat on the trigger. I think I got about fifty photos of that duck in a single burst.

Heh, I was showing off how fast the camera can photograph to Alison when we were at the Zoo. So I just focused on that duck and sat on the trigger. I think I got about fifty photos of that duck in a single burst.

So I'm guessing something like a 1/1000 shutter speed then?

Well, since I've made the boys want to spew, I'm going to go now. *passes out the barf bags*

Night :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom