Vertigo SUCKS!!! What do you think are the worst songs ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yea you're right. it's a pity that because of the overrating of Vertigo, the true classics off of HTDAAB are overshadowed. :tsk:

Se7en said:
:tsk:

sometimes i wonder if people even give music a chance or if they simply write it off and start bashing it because it somehow "threatens" u2 and is "cool" to dislike.

if you're referring to me, I actually like Coldplay (Don't Panic is the most played song on my iPod, for example). But the latest album is just a blatant rip-off of U2 (along with Pink Floyd and Radiohead). Nothing exciting there, though Coldplay has never really made EXCITING music. But Fix You is boring and it sickens me that people are comparing it to One. It may be a masterpiece next to Hoobastank's "The Reason," but that's not much of an accomplishment.

Se7en said:
:tsk:

sometimes i wonder if people even give music a chance or if they simply write it off and start bashing it because it somehow "threatens" u2 and is "cool" to dislike.

I used to like Coldplay's music.

Now they're nothing short of a piece of shit.

Axver said:

Absolutely right !! ... You hit that nail right on the head there !! :up:
The only song I used to like from them was 'Yellow' and that is now even dwindling down to nothing !! :yuck:
I could NEVER understand what the overall thrill was with this band ... calling them sh*t is definitely an under-statement ... they're worse than that !! :yes::wink:

AtomicBono said:

zooty? are you ok?

That's their new song, right? I think I heard it once and it was like the most boring thing ever (yes, even more boring than 'Fix You,' this year's candidate for "most overrated song ever" [since ever is really only about a year])

Hoobastank is worse than any of these though. And Creed might even be worse!

Hey! I said it's okay compared to the sickening lovey-dovey crap they used to do before. I didn't say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

:wink:

Axver said:

How can you dismiss any band, let alone Coldplay, with such harsh words??? It is not easy to be a successful rock band. I don't understand how anybody could just hurl insults sitting at home in front of their computers?

Back
Top Bottom