Ushuaia, Argentina Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would put Hawkmoon higher and GPII lower, but it's a good list. Heartland and Hawkmoon are interchangeable as far as top spot goes for me. I think they're both wonderful.

As for WLCTT, when I heard it on the radio when I was a kid, I thought it was one of the first songs ever recorded. It just seemed that way. It seemed so basic, inoffensive and amateur. I thought it was just the first time white and black vocalists came together, and that it would be something they'd be ashamed of later on.

I now know that it wasn't one of the first songs ever recorded. Instead, it's more of a comedy track to me than anything else. I have a laugh about it. That's not to say I don't listen to it, I just don't take it seriously and think that it's all a bit of a laugh - whether that was the intention or not.

I really wish studio Hawkmoon at least had the extended slide intro from Lovetown. That took the song to another level entirely. Absolute tragedy it hasn't been performed more.

Until I was about twelve, I thought BB King's vocals were sung by Edge. Apparently a common mistake, and luckily I have the silliness of childhood to blame for it. I do enjoy the guitar in it, and I think the whole song has more substance than Desire and AOH.

I think perhaps the best way to rank RAH is on the basis of the best live versions. And I love Heartland so much that it still comes out on top despite having no live version.

1. Heartland
=2. God Part II
=2. Hawkmoon 269
4. Desire (shredding solo :drool: )
5. All I Want Is You
6. When Love Comes To Town
7. Van Diemen's Land
8. Angel Of Harlem
9,000,000. Love Rescue Me

See you, GG2. :wave:

Well at least we all know that Edge's solo song "Suspicious Minds" is his very own.

There are some miserable liars who say that Daydream Believer existed prior to Popmart and it wasn't written by Edge. DON'T BELIEVE THEM.

I was looking at random Podcasts and I found Paul McGuinne$$ talks about The Joshua Tree; I bet he goes on about how much it sells

Yeah, I couldn't see any way around that. Still, I think I made the appropriate response.

There we go, I just made him look wrong.

I was hoping that in Desire, Bono actually says "Sydney" when pointing to the crowd, i.e. "Sydney is the loudest audience in rock and roll", but he doesn't. Oh well.

OK, I'm fucking off to bed. Have a good one, folks. :wave:

How do you suggest I spice things up in the bedroom, Wild?!

I'm out, brews. Sorry, this has happened two nights in a row, Emma! Don't take it personally, just look at my local time. :hug:

Have good ones, all!

:lol: It's okay Serena, I get the picture... *sob* Have a good night :wink:

EDIT: I can't believe I just wrote Serena :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom