Upperthong, West Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gluey said:

If it's untreatable, it means calcium blockers for the rest of my life to prevent further arrythmia's and palpitation (which can both cause me to have a stroke). And yep, the operation is pointless I guess if they can't treat it, other than to confirm that it isn't treatable and nothing else is wrong with my heart and arteries etc. If they can treat it, I'm cured, and that to me is worth giving it a go....but yeah....:yikes:

good luck!

gluey said:

If it's untreatable, it means calcium blockers for the rest of my life to prevent further arrythmia's and palpitation (which can both cause me to have a stroke). And yep, the operation is pointless I guess if they can't treat it, other than to confirm that it isn't treatable and nothing else is wrong with my heart and arteries etc. If they can treat it, I'm cured, and that to me is worth giving it a go....but yeah....:yikes:

Eek. Sounds worrying but you'll be right.

:hug:

Screwtape2 said:

Yeah. My library only stays open until 9 PM at the latest.

it's not a matter of how late it stays open, but the fact that i need books that are locked inside it and i thought i could pick them up just now but i can't so i lose several hours of work when i only have 4 days left. plus i was all comfy in my room in the rain and i had to get dressed and go out only to find it was fucking closed. i was almost asleep, now i'm wide awake and angry, which isn't going to help me make the most of the 10 hours where i don't have any of my books.

gluey said:

Eek. Bloody well hope they can treat it. :hug:

coolian2 said:

Eek. Sounds worrying but you'll be right.

:hug:

I sincerely think the hysterical laughter that Stars in Their Eyes causes, is more likely to cause me a major stroke, than my heart condition! :lmao:

Axver said:

:lol: In grade twelve, one of my friends often remarked that I was a 47 year old trapped in a 17 year old's body.

But people want to be entertained. They actively seek it, to make life a bit less dull and tedious before they kick the bucket. At least you've got a decent market for it, and don't say it's just entertainment either. The themes and messages can be pretty influential and thought-provoking. Though I suppose you don't want to do it in such a way that you end up with a flock of Muldfelds following your every move. :wink:

Historians, on the other hand, would like to believe what they research has a bearing on the present day rather than just a recount of "old shit" ... how much of that is true, I don't know. Depends on my mood as to which way I'll argue. Feeling cynical today.

Then you and my father are indeed the same age. :up: :lol:

Perception is based on the mind in many ways. I could choose to believe that what I do is simply entertainment, and look for the fruit of that, and likely find it. Likewise, I could shoot for the moon and consider myself the spokesperson of my generation and perhaps find a few that support that. In this day and age, you'll always find a few off-center opinions, and even a Mudfeld or two.

My point is that if you look for something, you're more likely to find it, and if you aim for something, you're more likely to achieve it. Because of this, Screwtape can achieve one thing, and I another even though we work in the same medium, so it probably wasn't smart to lump him together with myself, because we do have sort of different goals. I do want to entertain people, and maybe even make a witty point or two. Once people start getting touched by my work, I think they've begun to over-analyze it a bit. :lol:

This doesn't apply to music, BTW. There are an entirely different set of emotions I want to touch on there.

Varitek said:

it's not a matter of how late it stays open, but the fact that i need books that are locked inside it and i thought i could pick them up just now but i can't so i lose several hours of work when i only have 4 days left. plus i was all comfy in my room in the rain and i had to get dressed and go out only to find it was fucking closed. i was almost asleep, now i'm wide awake and angry, which isn't going to help me make the most of the 10 hours where i don't have any of my books.

Well that really sucks. The cute librarian would never do that.

Screwtape2 said:

Or I become Syd Barrett and release two crappy albums and am never heard from again. :wink:

Pfft, Effervescing Elephant was one of his best creations.

coolian2 said:

It's also a good chance to bore you to death if last week was anything to go by!

:tsk: Were you watching a different one to me? My hubby and I nearly peed ourselves yet again with it.....it was fanfuglytastic! :lmao:

Varitek said:

oh no i mean at the library, which will at least be fun.

Damn. I've been waiting for someone to call that guy out, and nobody has! I'm too lazy myself.

LemonMelon said:

My point is that if you look for something, you're more likely to find it, and if you aim for something, you're more likely to achieve it. Because of this, Screwtape can achieve one thing, and I another even though we work in the same medium, so it probably wasn't smart to lump him together with myself, because we do have sort of different goals. I do want to entertain people, and maybe even make a witty point or two. Once people start getting touched by my work, I think they've begun to over-analyze it a bit. :lol:

The scene with the microphone being replaced by a sandwich really touched me. :wink:

Screwtape2 said:

The scene with the microphone being replaced by a sandwich really touched me. :wink:

:hug: So you understood that I was referencing the stolen Native American lands? Aww...

coolian2 said:

It was dire, but so much less entertaining funny than previous weeks!

:eyebrow: You were essentially watching it alone weren't you? Because trust me, I laughed pretty hard! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom