This Baby's Mustache, America Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono_man2002 said:

:up:

Did you guys go out or anything afterwards?

More to the point, we went out beforehand!

I met Ali, then Jen and cin and Jen's brother showed up not too much later, so we went and ate dinner on Lygon Street, went to the Imax, met more people there, and saw the Aussie U2 Show play before the movie. They did The Unforgettable Fire. :up:

Here's a closer shot more clearly showing Mana Island as seen from Raumati Beach.

s640x480

Here's the mouth of the Wharemauku Stream in Raumati Beach, where it joins the Rauoterangi Channel of the Tasman Sea. You can also see the southern tip of Kapiti Island.

s640x480

Random buildings on Marine Parade in Paraparaumu Beach. I was amazed when I visited Paraparaumu to see just how much it had grown in the time I've been in Australia. There's shitloads of this kind of stuff up and down the seaside, yet when I left in 1997 there was very little. It had only just started.

s640x480

Here's another photo looking along Marine Parade in Paraparaumu Beach.

s640x480

mysterious_jen said:
photofucket and the computer are being slow.

Booo.

Also, Photobucket is a total piece of shit nowadays. I used to quite like it back around 2003-04 or so; that's why I host images there that don't belong on my LJ account. But now I'm really thinking of finding a new image hosting site to use.

Some random street in Paraparaumu Beach. I don't even know which. This thread location is just too stupid.

Maybe we should just say fuck it and start a new thread.

s640x480

Hey, Ian, look, an airport! Kapiti Airport. The main airport for Wellington until 1959. Not that this photo shows much.

s640x480

My grandparents used to live here. Originally the house on the right, then Nan moved out ... to the house on the left! :lol:

s640x480

Dear random street in Raumati South,

Thanks for helping kick this dumb thread along.

Cheers,
Ax

s640x480

Axver said:
Some random street in Paraparaumu Beach. I don't even know which. This thread location is just too stupid.

Maybe we should just say fuck it and start a new thread.

s640x480

I hadn't noticed before that I accidentally got some of my finger in the top left corner of this photo. Bah. :down:

Houses near the beach in Raumati South. Probably worth a fucking fortune.

s640x480

mysterious_jen said:
this is axe talking setlists with ali's friend, they did not even look up when i took the pic. ax was ver very EXCITED talking to this guy, :lol:

I didn't even know you took the picture! :lol:

I'm just thankful it isn't a shocker. There are many far worse pictures of me. Phew!

Those setlists he's got are AWESOME.

The tram in the previous photo, running away from the camera along Bourke Street, crossing William Street.

s640x480

This is at the northern end of the Melbourne University stop in Swanston Street. The left tram is of the A class; the right tram is of the Z3 class.

s640x480

This is probably one of my best tram photos. A W class in the traditional green and cream livery on LaTrobe Street.

s640x480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom