The Temple Bar - Doozer Style UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the shame...:tsk:

Hello...:flirt:

:wave:

I'm trying to remember the last time I used the flirt smiley... :hmm: :lol:

I understand that. But you guys should have to give us a quarter (that's like 1/8th of a pound) every time you give us that look that says, "You're an idiot that has a stupid sense of humor. I wish you were dead. The child isn't even yours, you disgraceful peice of shit. Go sleep in the yard with the squirrels. I'm disgusted by you. I'm sick."

:lmao:

I'm usually pretty cool with guy humor, but the thing that most illicits that look from me is when MM is laughing so hard at something he's slapping my knee and losing his shit... I think it's cute, but still... :lol:

I'm like two pages late, but I do not watch 3 and a half men. You think my sense of humor is like some awful sitcom? :sad: Everything I've done here ends in phalure. Good bye, cruel world. Good bye.

:cute:

I was just pulling an example out of my ass. :shh:

Yeah, well put it back in there and find a better one.:angry: That show annoys me. And the fact that some douch that sits in my office loves it just makes me hate it more - he quotes it - and when an unfunny person quotes an unfunny show the level of unfunny soars to new heights. Ugh. Apaprently Charlie Sheen talks about strippers on the show! OMFG FUNNIEST SHOW EVER!

NJ and the Crazy Guy - that was a sitcom I'd watch. I did watch The Office, but I think I may be done with that show.

Reg - greatest drummer ever, your opinion? I always go with Stephen Perkins of Jane's.

I watched the first episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia the other day. It was okay, mildly amusing. Does it get better?

Crap, and I keep forgetting to download Dexter!

Reg - greatest drummer ever, your opinion? I always go with Stephen Perkins of Jane's.

He's pretty damn cool...but not greatest...I like Bonham, but too much hype...don't believe the hype...(well sorta believe it), but I'm going to go with Keith Moon....Moony is everything that all 'crazy' drummers want to be and even though he was all over the place...shit he was bad ass...listen to 'Going Mobile' or 'Love Reign O'er Me'...those are manic but timeless performances....'Happy Jack'...aces...:up:

My faves in order:

1. Moon
2. Tommy Lee
3. Bonham
4. Alex Van Halen
5. Brad Wilk

Guys who are not flashy or very techincal but fit their bands music perfectly:

1. Larry Mullen Jr.
2. Nick Mason
3. Ringo Starr
4. Charlie Watts
5. Phil Rudd

Word...:up:

He's pretty damn cool...but not greatest...I like Bonham, but too much hype...don't believe the hype...(well sorta believe it), but I'm going to go with Keith Moon....Moony is everything that all 'crazy' drummers want to be and even though he was all over the place...shit he was bad ass...listen to 'Going Mobile' or 'Love Reign O'er Me'...those are manic but timeless performances....'Happy Jack'...aces...:up:

My faves in order:

1. Moon
2. Tommy Lee
3. Bonham
4. Alex Van Halen
5. Brad Wilk

Guys who are not flashy or very techincal but fit their bands music perfectly:

1. Larry Mullen Jr.
2. Nick Mason
3. Ringo Starr
4. Charlie Watts
5. Phil Rudd

Word...:up:

Intersting.

1. Perkins
2. Bonham
3. Jimmy Chamberline
4. Guy from Hendrix - Mitchell is it?
5. Mani (or Reni?) from Stone Roses

That'd be my Top 5.

For guys in the right band at the right time - I'd take almost your entire list only change it slightly:

1. David Lovering - Pixies
2. Ringo
3. Charlie Watts
4. Nick Mason
5. Ginger Baker (could go on the top list but I don't really like Cream)

I never liked the Who, but maybe I'll give them another chance and pay more attention to Keith Moon. I like his style and that spacey "I'm gonna run around naked in a minute" look he always has goin on.

Ringo, Lovering, Watts and Mason, not great drummers in the sense of the other list, but they made great good bands greater - like a perfect piece in a puzzle. Ginger Baker was awesome, and a character as well, but I never liked any of the music of the bands he was in, so I have to hold that against him. He has the effect of taking ok bands and making then sound better than they were.

I like Perkins because it sounds like he's in the middle of primitive tribal ceremony and it's almost scary. Chamberline is scary too, but in a "I'm afraid of the dark" type way. Bonham sounds like a party playing drums. The guy from Hendrix was just as out there as Hendrix musically. And the guy from the Stone Roses (one played bass, on played drums - I forget which was which, mani or reni) - if you listen to him, the way he just picks out the subtle rhythms and turns them into little songs within songs, amazing. If you were to isolate just him you'd have an album just as listenable as the original.

Intersting.

1. Perkins
2. Bonham
3. Jimmy Chamberline
4. Guy from Hendrix - Mitchell is it?
5. Mani (or Reni?) from Stone Roses

That'd be my Top 5.

For guys in the right band at the right time - I'd take almost your entire list only change it slightly:

1. David Lovering - Pixies
2. Ringo
3. Charlie Watts
4. Nick Mason
5. Ginger Baker (could go on the top list but I don't really like Cream)

I never liked the Who, but maybe I'll give them another chance and pay more attention to Keith Moon. I like his style and that spacey "I'm gonna run around naked in a minute" look he always has goin on.

Ringo, Lovering, Watts and Mason, not great drummers in the sense of the other list, but they made great good bands greater - like a perfect piece in a puzzle. Ginger Baker was awesome, and a character as well, but I never liked any of the music of the bands he was in, so I have to hold that against him. He has the effect of taking ok bands and making then sound better than they were.

I like Perkins because it sounds like he's in the middle of primitive tribal ceremony and it's almost scary. Chamberline is scary too, but in a "I'm afraid of the dark" type way. Bonham sounds like a party playing drums. The guy from Hendrix was just as out there as Hendrix musically. And the guy from the Stone Roses (one played bass, on played drums - I forget which was which, mani or reni) - if you listen to him, the way he just picks out the subtle rhythms and turns them into little songs within songs, amazing. If you were to isolate just him you'd have an album just as listenable as the original.

Ginger Baker and Mitch Mitchell...sorta in the Moon style of drumming. And it's weird, even though I would consider Baker to be more in the 'virtuoso' mode of player, what he brought to Cream fits his placement in the other group.

Chamberlain...he's OK, never heard too many Stone Roses songs, but Perkins is one of those guys who kinda gets lost in the shuffle...like Matt Chamberlain late of Soundgarden and more recently of Pearl Jam. Great chops and actually writes music too...:up:

As for Moony...rent the 'Who's Next Ultimate Album' DVD to hear of his greatness...his drum style was 'so out there' it amazing how normal it is to hear these songs and not think 'wtf was the drummer doing?'...:lol:

OK, thanks. I'll add it to my netflix queue. I'll just fast forward all the Daltrey stuff. He annoys me. And I like Townsend when he talks, he's very interesting, but I don't like his music.

Matt Cameron was excellent, good call. You're right, he always gets forgotten.

Bone Machine and Broken Face are my favorites. Doolittle is the next one and I think I may like that one better, it's a little more polished, but still sorta idiotically insane. Plus the Come on Pilgrim EP is the one with Elevate Me is how we got started on the Pixies to begin with....I should send you that one too. let me know if you want them.

OK. Yes, they get more and more polished. Bossanova is very produced, and it's easily my least favorite, but it's the most mellow and that may be what you're into. Trompe Le Monde straight up rocks. Easily one of the best Alternative records ever, it's less garagey than the first 2, and not as ...whatever as Bossanova. Birdsong of the Olympus Mons for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom