The Sopranos, Season 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what I've heard April, its going to be a bloodbath! :hyper:

The last few seconds of the making of season six were pretty breathtaking if that's any indication.

interesting ... i'm not as much of a fan of the bloodbath stuff, because i find the violence hurts. but i'm a sissy when it comes to these things ... i love the family stuff, the *dialogue*, the dream sequences, and everything Carmela does, says, and touches.

sometimes, i wish i was Carmela ... :shifty:

:wink:

and i came across this dialogue on CNN which makes me delirious with anticipation:

[q]So," rails his mom, Carmela (Edie Falco), "every time I said to you, 'How's work?' and you said, 'Fine,' you were having your own private little joke on me?"

"What's going on?" says Tony, entering through the front door.

"I went to Blockbuster today to rent 'Cinderella Man,' " Carmela fumes, "and guess what?"

"It still sucks."

"I found out that our son, the liar, had been fired three weeks ago!"

"From Blockbuster!" Tony is a mix of rage and bewilderment. "How the f--- do you do that? They got rhesus monkeys as managers there!"

[/q]

:hyper:

Irvine511 said:
interesting ... i'm not as much of a fan of the bloodbath stuff, because i find the violence hurts. but i'm a sissy when it comes to these things ... i love the family stuff, the *dialogue*, the dream sequences, and everything Carmela does, says, and touches.

sometimes, i wish i was Carmela ... :shifty:

and i came across this dialogue on CNN which makes me delirious with anticipation:

[q]So," rails his mom, Carmela (Edie Falco), "every time I said to you, 'How's work?' and you said, 'Fine,' you were having your own private little joke on me?"

"What's going on?" says Tony, entering through the front door.

"I went to Blockbuster today to rent 'Cinderella Man,' " Carmela fumes, "and guess what?"

"It still sucks."

"I found out that our son, the liar, had been fired three weeks ago!"

"From Blockbuster!" Tony is a mix of rage and bewilderment. "How the f--- do you do that? They got rhesus monkeys as managers there!"

[/q]

:giggle:

In addition to the all the whacking, season six is supposed to be heavy on the dream sequences as well, so there will be a little something for everyone :wink:

I love the family stuff too, especially when it involves Carmela. I think I read that exchange with AJ in the newspaper and love it too!

So what would you do differently if you were Carmela or would you follow the same path she has? I think I would have hit the bird feeder for a lot more $$ and I sure as hell wouldn't have let Furio get away without at least one roll in the hay! :sexywink:

Bono's American Wife said:
So what would you do differently if you were Carmela or would you follow the same path she has? I think I would have hit the bird feeder for a lot more $$ and I sure as hell wouldn't have let Furio get away without at least one roll in the hay! :sexywink:

i would have cracked AJ's skull a while ago, and i would have taken that construction guy from Season 2 for several rides in his pickup truck (with Journey's "Wheel in the Sky" playing in the background the whole time).

ultimately, i think Carmela is screwed as a product of her generation -- she was taught to be a wife and mother and to rely totally on a "good" man, and it's ultimately her own greed (some of it culturally induced, as i think Chase's big target is American materialism) that made her fall in love with Tony, that and the fact that he probably represented a way out of the lower middle-class NJ town she grew up in. the young Carmela -- especially in that mindblowing last episode of Season 4 where Tony says that she would never have been content with a little heart shaped necklace as jewelry, or something -- seems to me to have stepped out of a Bruce Springsteen song circa-"The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle." i can see her on the boardwalk, one of those factory girls he sings about in "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)."

like her, i would have tried to pursue a career on the side, get some skills in case Tony winds up "dead, or in the can," and started to milk the birdfeeder, as it were.

i think she's one of the most complex female characters on TV, and Edie Falco deserves every award she's ever been given for how deep she delves into Carmela psyche.

Irvine511 said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think the violence is the least of the show. I love Tony's scenes with Melfi, Carmela (she so should have gotten it on with Furio :drool: :shifty: ), and the dialogue is great. Anyone remember the scene where Christopher says a line from "Born To Run" with Silvio right there in the room? Classic. :lol:

But, I have to admit, there's nothing like a good hit. :macdevil: Must be my Sicilian blood talking...

they have been playing the theme song on the radio alot lately. And I cant help feeling like a badass when Im driving in my truck. Im a geek, I know it, haha!

:hyper: Cant wait! My second favorite show. My first favorite starts on the same network again I think in April (Deadwood). This spring is definately must see TV for me!

I actually didnt watch the making of deal on purpose though. I dont want to know anything going in. :nerd: :shifty:

Can't wait for the new season, too.

BTW, I live next to the towns that they mention on the show, like Nutley, Belleville, Bloomfield....

The show is totally real in portraying those towns and Northern New Jersey. There are a lot of goumbas and mafiosos in those towns.

:|

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think the violence is the least of the show. I love Tony's scenes with Melfi, Carmela (she so should have gotten it on with Furio :drool: :shifty: ), and the dialogue is great.

The dialogue IS the show IMO. It always amazes me how small things like Livia's "oh poor you!" become something much bigger later on when Tony says it to Carmela in the heat of a fight after their break-up. That entire scene was amazing.

Anyone remember the scene where Christopher says a line from "Born To Run" with Silvio right there in the room? Classic. :lol:

We watched it last night! :lmao:

But, I have to admit, there's nothing like a good hit. :macdevil: Must be my Sicilian blood talking...

I will admit that some of the violence is hard to take. The actual hits don't bother me too much but scenes like Adriana's murder and Ralph beating Tracy to death behind the Bing continue to disturb me even after seeing them 10 times. And everytime Christopher beats or chokes Ade, I almost cry :(

Irvine511 said:

i would have cracked AJ's skull a while ago, and i would have taken that construction guy from Season 2 for several rides in his pickup truck (with Journey's "Wheel in the Sky" playing in the background the whole time).

Yes and HELL yes! :sexywink:

ultimately, i think Carmela is screwed as a product of her generation -- she was taught to be a wife and mother and to rely totally on a "good" man, and it's ultimately her own greed (some of it culturally induced, as i think Chase's big target is American materialism) that made her fall in love with Tony, that and the fact that he probably represented a way out of the lower middle-class NJ town she grew up in.

In the book A Family History of the Sopranos, there is a chapter on the young Carmela and they mention her parents being horrified at her teenage crush on Dickie Moltisanti so along with the materialistic side, I think there was also a longing for a "bad boy" in her life.

I was also quite surprised to read that her father Hugh was a numbers runner as a young man and ran in the same circles as Jr. and Johnny Boy.

the young Carmela -- especially in that mindblowing last episode of Season 4 where Tony says that she would never have been content with a little heart shaped necklace as jewelry, or something -- seems to me to have stepped out of a Bruce Springsteen song circa-"The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle." i can see her on the boardwalk, one of those factory girls he sings about in "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)."

Interesting :up:

like her, i would have tried to pursue a career on the side, get some skills in case Tony winds up "dead, or in the can," and started to milk the birdfeeder, as it were.

Not only the birdfeeder, but I think I would have torn the house apart from top to bottom looking for the rest of his stash.

Can you imagine Carmela ever being in Angie Bompensiero's position and handing out samples in the supermarket?

i think she's one of the most complex female characters on TV, and Edie Falco deserves every award she's ever been given for how deep she delves into Carmela psyche.

Edie Falco is amazing. One of the best surprises of my life is when I went to a taping of the Ellen show and found out that she was one of the guests that day! :hyper:

I watched the episode where Adriana gets killed yesterday, and it still gives me chills. This scene was shot ( no pun intended) so brilliant. The part where she realizes what is going to happen, and begs " no no please" is so intense.

DeadMansParty said:
I watched the episode where Adriana gets killed yesterday, and it still gives me chills. This scene was shot ( no pun intended) so brilliant. The part where she realizes what is going to happen, and begs " no no please" is so intense.

I was watching the Season 5 recap and when that part came up I felt sick. I hated that episode. The fact that Silvio did it, too... Ugh.

Poor Ade. I always felt so bad for her. :sad:

Why the hell was she crawling out of the car? I would have ran for my life. She should have kicked him in the balls first, then run for her life.

She was just so scared at the time. I really felt sorry for her. She was completely innocent; yet the FBI went after her to get to Tony; then she gets busted for drugs, while her boyfriend was an even worse drug addict and never gets caught. The FBI could be so heartless. She didn't do anything. Sure, she knew what was going on, but it wasn't like she was made. She was just another mafia girlfriend/wife.

Windmilllane said:
Why the hell was she crawling out of the car? I would have ran for my life. She should have kicked him in the balls first, then run for her life.

I think if she could have gotten the driver's door open, she would have tried running but Silvio was grabbing her by the hair and dragging her out so I don't think there was any way for her to get back on her feet. It looked like he threw her to the ground and as terrified as she was, crawling was probably the only thing she could do.

That is such a sad scene :(

I really love and admire Edie Falco. :up:

And sidenote Char, everytime I look at your av I wanna go, "Chris-ta-fer", aka Ade.

I think the same thing when I see yours! :lol:

I really laughed when I saw our avatars along with Irvine's today..all we need is a Carmela now :wink:

Bono's American Wife said:

I think the same thing when I see yours! :lol:

I really laughed when I saw our avatars along with Irvine's today..all we need is a Carmela now :wink:

:hmm:

I almost made a Silvio one, but he got knocked down a few pegs after murdering Ade. :madwife:

Only a few more hours! :hyper:

My mom's making Sunday gravy and we're going to watch it together at her house. We're such :nerd:s, hehe.

:hmm:

I almost made a Silvio one, but he got knocked down a few pegs after murdering Ade. :madwife:

Only a few more hours! :hyper:

My mom's making Sunday gravy and we're going to watch it together at her house. We're such :nerd:s, hehe.

Yeah, as if it weren't bad enough that Silvio killed Ade, he had to call her the C-word before he did it :madwife: :angry:

We're having a bunch of people over (DMP, my sister, etc.) and we're going to stuff ourselves with:

green salad

cesar salad

mozzarella/roasted peppers/tomato/basil salad

garlic bread

spaghetti w/meat sauce

baked ravioli

pizza

:faint: :drool:

:ohmy:

i may have to change my avatar to Carmela ... actually, maybe i should do that since i love her so.

it was a very good episode. completely absorbing, and breathlessly paced -- so much happens in every single scene, and the level of detail is amazing, right down to the urine in the suicide scene.

gruesome. yet, funny. you know, like life.

Back
Top Bottom