The National are a great band we should keep discussing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those douchebags better come to Utah for this album, or I'm flying somewhere to finally see them.

This is great news. Can't wait for the new album. I'm catching them at the Barclay's Center, that should be good.

Come to Philadelphia. The show will probably get canceled and we can pass out drunk in the parking lot outside the Sports Complex.

Fantastic news. Now they just need a Chicago date.

It's going to be Lollapalooza, unfortunately. I would say Pitchfork, but the headliners have already been announced and the National would headline over Belle and Sebastian at this point.

It's going to be Lollapalooza, unfortunately. I would say Pitchfork, but the headliners have already been announced and the National would headline over Belle and Sebastian at this point.

Oh bloody hell, I hadn't even thought of that. I really, really don't like Lolla, but I would make the trip for Matt & co.

I'd try to meet up, but there's no possible way to find anyone at Lolla.

This fucking blows. I've seen the Nash twice, neither in a headlining spot. The other possibility is that they're skipping Chicago entirely, which would also blow.

Ugh, Lolla again, most likely. I really want to see them on their own. Why would they play the same festival twice in three years. Just do your own show, fuck.

I see no Boston date. I am most displeased.

Bunbury festival in OH? Bunbury puts on a festival and it's not metal? (And someone other than mofo remembers that dude?)

I'm very happy to be proven wrong! But I'm still skeptical about a new Pearl Jam record this year. Even Stone Gossard agrees with me.

This has been said before, can't be said enough: screaming from Berninger on this record. Please.

Yeah, I'm just pokin fun. And I agree about the PJ. It keeps looking more and more like 2014.

I can't fucking wait for this Nash album. Sweet nibblets!

I'm not a fan of Berninger's scream, one of the few reservations I have about this otherwise brilliant band. It ruins live versions of Mr November for me... and Abel has never really blown my mind.

Heresy. The climax of Available is the best thing they ever did.

Mr November pwns live because of the screaming and mic stand bashing.

Walking into the audience all the way to the opposite end of the hall as well. Berninger is such a great and unique frontman. For such a downbeat band, they're tons of fun live.

Walking into the audience all the way to the opposite end of the hall as well. Berninger is such a great and unique frontman. For such a downbeat band, they're tons of fun live.

How good is it when he starts screaming on England?

"Cos they're DESPERATE to entertain" :drool:

The endings of Afraid of Everyone and Terrible Love as well. High Violet should have really had screaming on the record.

Back
Top Bottom