The National are a great band we should keep discussing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now my apartment is a bit nearer to completion:

national.jpg

Love that. I hate thinking of how many things I need to get framed.

Portal 2 is a better game than Exile/Vilify is a song, and Exile/Vilify is a great, great fucking song. The former is really near the pinnacle of its medium, actually, and a beautiful piece of art.

What I'm saying is, at least The National didn't write a song for Call of Duty Black Ops 2 or some shit.

I'm liking most of these new songs. So an album might turn up in 2013. The sooner the better.

But they might pull an In Rainbows and sit on it for another year and a half... :wink:

I hope it's gonna be better than that album though.

Sad Songs is my favourite of their records, along with Alligator.

I don't really like anything off sad songs as much as I like lucky you. The rest is pretty mediocre compared to the last three. Still haven't heard much off the first one, other than what I got live (which was son...and...that's about all I remember, actually).

Sad Songs has a few mediocre songs but also some of their best. Cardinal Song, Slipping Husband, Available, Fashion Coat, It Never Happened...all top songs.

The debut has to be one of the most boring albums ever. Not the worst by any means, just incredibly dull and nondescript.

Sad Songs kills. Definitely their hardest rocking album.

Available is my favourite song. Other than those already mentioned, Patterns of Fairytales, 90 Mile Water Wall and Thirsty are also great tracks. The only time where album falters is the two wives part.

They have been posting pictures of them working in studio on Instagram for months. Apparently they are currently recording in Berlin, so this next album is totally going to be Achtung Baby.

Back
Top Bottom