The meaning of life...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
A certain post in another thread here made me ponder...

Is happiness really just a vacation from the sadness in our lives? Are we serious more often than playful? Is laughing just something we do to diffuse the seriousness in our lives? Is it only a light at the end of the tunnel like somebody mentioned?

It's quite similar to saying that heat is just something we generate to escape the natural cold of the earth!

So if sadness and cold weather are natural, why do we insist on doing the opposite?

Then again.. the sun is natural, isn't it? And it generates heat... :hmm:

Zoot, very good things to ponder!

Personally I like the warmth and light and laughter rather than cold, darkness and sadness. I prefer happiness, who wouldn't.

Life=Balance.

yimou said:
Put the beer down Zooty :happy:

There is nothing but a computer mouse in my hand...

well... not this very second since I'm typing.. but, you know.. :wink:

No guys... I'm not drunk at all.. I'm very serious! By being so different and so much more advanced than animals, are we really truly happy as human beings.. with this man-made structured society we live in? :hmm:

Or are we just creating this fake happiness and warmth to compensate for the natural sadness and cruelty of the real world? Is it all just a farce?

I'm scaring myself now. :shifty:

Zootlesque said:
Or are we just creating this fake happiness and warmth to compensate for the natural sadness and cruelty of the real world? Is it all just a farce?

I'm scaring myself now. :shifty:
The meaning of life is that life has no meaning. :happy:

Not really JK! I don't think we are supposed to know what the meaning of life is. I think life is supposed to be a mystery and that our purpose is to go out and seek the truth as to why we're here and what we are to do with our time. Sometimes life is unfair and sometimes we wish that we knew why it is, and that it would solve everything if we could figure that one thing out. But to be a huge LOTR nerd here I think the quote "But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Is my whole thought process on life. Just live it. Stopping to ask why may slow you down from actually stumbling upon the answer one day. :wink:

But love_u2_adam is right! Let's just all party and have fun! :dance:

Zoot,

Here a dime,
I was just-a-lookin' for a cup of lemonade.
What's about all this cold/warm, happy/sad talk?
Yeah, that's right, i'd appreciate my cup of lemonade cold; that would sure make me happy, thanks.

:sexywink: :flirt:

the meaning of life is to love and be loved

so thats it, we can :lock: this thread now

"Well, that's the end of the film. Now, here's the meaning of life. Thank you, Brigitte. M-hmm. Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations, and, finally, here are some completely gratuitous pictures of penises to annoy the censors and to hopefully spark some sort of controversy, which, it seems, is the only way, these days, to get the jaded, video-sated public off their fucking arses and back in the sodding cinema. Family entertainment bollocks. What they want is filth: people doing things to each other with chainsaws during tupperware parties, babysitters being stabbed with knitting needles by gay presidential candidates, vigilante groups strangling chickens, armed bands of theatre critics exterminating mutant goats-- Where's the fun in pictures? Oh, well, there we are. Here's the theme music. Goodnight." - Monty Python

Thanks for all the replies, guys!!!

I feel enlightened! I really do!!! :happy:

Besides... the sunday night lousy feeling is gone now!

I feel optimistic again and full of energy! :energy:

It's time to boomcha the thread like Chizip requested!

:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock:

Let's dance. :dance:

Canadiens1160 said:
"Well, that's the end of the film. Now, here's the meaning of life. Thank you, Brigitte. M-hmm. Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations, and, finally, here are some completely gratuitous pictures of penises to annoy the censors and to hopefully spark some sort of controversy, which, it seems, is the only way, these days, to get the jaded, video-sated public off their fucking arses and back in the sodding cinema. Family entertainment bollocks. What they want is filth: people doing things to each other with chainsaws during tupperware parties, babysitters being stabbed with knitting needles by gay presidential candidates, vigilante groups strangling chickens, armed bands of theatre critics exterminating mutant goats-- Where's the fun in pictures? Oh, well, there we are. Here's the theme music. Goodnight." - Monty Python

:lmao:

Always look on the bright side of life :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom