The Esses, Mount Panorama, Bathurst, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God were there NO rules in DI1? :lol:

I believe that the rule was you could use a single artist up to seven times.

So far:

Muse >>>>> Meatloaf > Bell X1 > The Bravery >>>>> Dresden Dolls.

:lmao:

(Did The Shout Out Louds leave you THAT unimpressed? :wink: )

Oh, I knew I'd omitted one!

Amend the ranking to include "Meatloaf = Shout Out Louds". Which I realise reads really peculiarly.

Also, the Dresden Dolls --> Meatloaf segue was very strong, and I am stunned that a Passengers song after Meatloaf doesn't sound completely ridiculous. But am I complimenting you or LM here?

I feel so shady about having a Passengers song and a U2 song on there.

I feel 2x as shady for having a Traveling Wilburys AND a Tom Petty song on there.

Then I look at some of the lists from DI1 and feel better.

My money is on Tuesday. Though I'll laugh if it arrives tomorrow.

Now I have these funny thoughts of how weird it would sound seguing from Captive to Absolution ...

Tomorrow would be awesome. Which means it won't happen.

What would sound weirder, Ruled By Secrecy -> Rowena's Theme, or Hiro's Theme (reprise) -> Apocalypse Please? :scratch:

(Cos I don't have the Intro or Interlude tracks.)

Oh, I knew I'd omitted one!

Amend the ranking to include "Meatloaf = Shout Out Louds". Which I realise reads really peculiarly.

Also, the Dresden Dolls --> Meatloaf segue was very strong, and I am stunned that a Passengers song after Meatloaf doesn't sound completely ridiculous. But am I complimenting you or LM here?

I'm just messing with you but awesome.

The First disc is all me, ElMel did most of disc 2. You should be able to tell that El Mel didn't touch the horrible segueing of the first 4 songs with a ten foot pole :wink:

But I am so happy that DD > ML > Passengers thing worked. It's pretty much universally given the :up:

Please do a DI list :love:

Now that would be hilarious

Def Leppard , Guns N' Roses,New Order, The Stranglers,The Clash,Squeeze,Blondie, The Cure, Early Simple Minds, The Silencers, Then Jericho, The Mission, Thin Lizzy, Billy Idol, Transvision Vamp,Adam & The Ants, The Pretenders, Stone Roses, OMD,

I'd imagine you wouldn't know most of them :reject:

Def Leppard , Guns N' Roses,New Order, The Stranglers,The Clash,Squeeze,Blondie, The Cure, Early Simple Minds, The Silencers, Then Jericho, The Mission, Thin Lizzy, Billy Idol, Transvision Vamp,Adam & The Ants, The Pretenders, Stone Roses, OMD,

The first half was enough for a little of this :combust: and a little of that :faint:

Tomorrow would be awesome. Which means it won't happen.

What would sound weirder, Ruled By Secrecy -> Rowena's Theme, or Hiro's Theme (reprise) -> Apocalypse Please? :scratch:

(Cos I don't have the Intro or Interlude tracks.)

It still means I'll be waiting two weeks. :laugh:

For some reason, my mind is telling me that if you re-order things and go One Foot In Heaven --> Apocalypse Please, that might be least ridiculous.

I've heard of most of them! :D

I feel so shady about having a Passengers song and a U2 song on there.

I feel 2x as shady for having a Traveling Wilburys AND a Tom Petty song on there.

Then I look at some of the lists from DI1 and feel better.

Have you seen my DI III list?

U2, Passengers, The Edge, and Bono with Clannad, PLUS Neil Finn, Finn Brothers, Crowded House, and Split Enz.

Chances are, some of the Dunedin Sound bands in the list share musicians between songs too, but that's because it was the MOST INCESTUOUS SCENE EVER. I can connect any Dunedin Sound band to Martin Phillipps within about two steps - The Chills have had so many line-ups that even Phillipps has lost track of them.

I'm just messing with you but awesome.

The First disc is all me, ElMel did most of disc 2. You should be able to tell that El Mel didn't touch the horrible segueing of the first 4 songs with a ten foot pole :wink:

But I am so happy that DD > ML > Passengers thing worked. It's pretty much universally given the :up:

Ahh, righto. I really am wondering how PRR --> Crowdies will go. I'm proud to see PRR in there!

Has anyone ever said that this "mushroom incident" had a direct effect on any music?

I just find it hilarious that everyone's always trying to guess the mushroom with him.

It still means I'll be waiting two weeks. :laugh:

For some reason, my mind is telling me that if you re-order things and go One Foot In Heaven --> Apocalypse Please, that might be least ridiculous.

I COULD whiz past Brunswick on my way to the motel tomorrow... but I'll probably be running horrendously late by then. :lol:

I'm trying it!

And that could be a fun game... rearrange the two most dissimilar albums you can think of so that they segue together in a non-ridiculous way...

What's this mushroom incident and how does Ashley know what Ali means when it seems to have come from nowhere? Have I missed something? God, I'm suddenly lost!

Have you seen my DI III list?

U2, Passengers, The Edge, and Bono with Clannad, PLUS Neil Finn, Finn Brothers, Crowded House, and Split Enz.

Chances are, some of the Dunedin Sound bands in the list share musicians between songs too, but that's because it was the MOST INCESTUOUS SCENE EVER. I can connect any Dunedin Sound band to Martin Phillipps within about two steps - The Chills have had so many line-ups that even Phillipps has lost track of them.

Ahh, righto. I really am wondering how PRR --> Crowdies will go. I'm proud to see PRR in there!

Good point Good point. I am still waiting for the day someone makes a list with The Beatles, John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, The Yoko Ono Band, Wings, and The Traveling Wilbury's :wink:

I'm not sure since I don't really have a good ear for sequencing, but come on...it's still two bands you love :wink: PRR is probably making a one time appearance on one of my DI lists, unless they do something as kick-ass as that song again. I should still give their album another listen I suppose, but I just never felt it got as exciting as that first song.

Has anyone ever said that this "mushroom incident" had a direct effect on any music?

I just find it hilarious that everyone's always trying to guess the mushroom with him.

No, I've never read anything to that effect. But if you're in the sort of mindset that makes you want to take mushrooms, I guess the music you come up with might be different to if you were in a non-mushroom-receptive state.

I dunno... :lol:

I just think it's hilarious that it (allegedly) happened at all!

What's this mushroom incident and how does Ashley know what Ali means when it seems to have come from nowhere? Have I missed something? God, I'm suddenly lost!

I'm a PLEBAN at heart friend. Apparently there was some point in time at which Edge experimented with Mushrooms, but when it happened, and what album it affected has remained a mystery.

I COULD whiz past Brunswick on my way to the motel tomorrow... but I'll probably be running horrendously late by then. :lol:

I'm trying it!

And that could be a fun game... rearrange the two most dissimilar albums you can think of so that they segue together in a non-ridiculous way...

Maybe I could just stand up on the nearest bridge over the Tullamarine Freeway and you could throw it to me. :laugh:

This sounds like a challenge for which I could use an ambient post-rock album and a raw black metal album.

No, I've never read anything to that effect. But if you're in the sort of mindset that makes you want to take mushrooms, I guess the music you come up with might be different to if you were in a non-mushroom-receptive state.

I dunno... :lol:

I just think it's hilarious that it (allegedly) happened at all!

That's a good point, it's just that, like I said, I find it so funny how many threads have been started with people trying to guess, when all the guessing always leads to Zooropa anyways.

But you gotta think Edge was on some illicit drug to have accepted a contract with THAT movie anyways :lol:

Good point Good point. I am still waiting for the day someone makes a list with The Beatles, John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, The Yoko Ono Band, Wings, and The Traveling Wilbury's :wink:

I'm not sure since I don't really have a good ear for sequencing, but come on...it's still two bands you love :wink: PRR is probably making a one time appearance on one of my DI lists, unless they do something as kick-ass as that song again. I should still give their album another listen I suppose, but I just never felt it got as exciting as that first song.

I saw Paul McCartney Live in the 1980's ,and he was quire entertaining.

But the Hey Jude was amazing,:drool:

Read Flanagan! :tongue:

Short version: Edge eats a whole jar of mushrooms (no idea of jar size), just to see what will happen. Feels nothing, goes to bed. Wakes up high as a kite, convinced he's found the Secret of the Universe. Decides to record it so he'll remember in the morning. Giggles at red light on tape recorder. Speaks the Secret, before exiting Earth completely.
Next day, plays back tape, realises he'd been holding the recorder upside down and there's nothing but incomprehensible gobbledygook. (I dunno that the orientation of the recorder would have made much difference, there.)

I'm a PLEBAN at heart friend. Apparently there was some point in time at which Edge experimented with Mushrooms, but when it happened, and what album it affected has remained a mystery.

You post in PLEBA? I had no idea. Fuck, I'm trapped in a Superthread with PLEBAns! WHERE IS IAN? ANDREW? VAZZA? KHAAAAAAAAN?

Also, if you're talking about the incident I'm thinking of, where Edge did shrooms and then discovered the secrets of the universe, I thought that was in 1993 or 1994.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom