The Esses, Mount Panorama, Bathurst, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was weird. MSN would load, google would load, and my TCU e-mail would load...but nothing more :ohmy:

Ali, I wanted to mention to you, that John Butler Trio song :up:. I've only ever heard Zebra, so I was expecting the worst

Could someone clarify for me exactly what the correct usage of "grungy geese" is?

It is a sarcastic response to be used when someone screws up/does something stupid/is an idiot/Axver

I believe Khan's original intention was for us to read "gg" as "good going" however I think most of us wanted to read it as "gj" "Good Job" but...obviously that is a G and not a J, so we were puzzled to the point of not understanding Khan's cryptic internet slang, so Axver assumed it must be "grungy Geese"

Ali, I wanted to mention to you, that John Butler Trio song :up:. I've only ever heard Zebra, so I was expecting the worst

Awesome! Glad you liked it. :D

To be fair, I think Ocean is their/his stand-out most awesome track... all the other JBT songs I've heard are much more in the style of Zebra.

It is a sarcastic response to be used when someone screws up/does something stupid/is an idiot/Axver

I believe Khan's original intention was for us to read "gg" as "good going" however I think most of us wanted to read it as "gj" "Good Job" but...obviously that is a G and not a J, so we were puzzled to the point of not understanding Khan's cryptic internet slang, so Axver assumed it must be "grungy Geese"

:lol:

I would like to take credit for "grungy geese", but I can't. I suggested "greasy geese" (and two other possibilities that I forget), and after that, Khan responded that no, it is in fact "grungy geese".

Ah, thank you...

So was he calling me a grungy goose, or is it simply an expression of his feelings that I've screwed up/done something stupid/been an idiot/etc.?

Ashley, shall I dare to tread where no Axver has gone before and listen to your DI list?

Though are your ZIP folders in order? i.e. does the first folder have the first tracks, and so on, or is it like Andrew's where they seemed less organised? Because I haven't downloaded the fourth folder yet, but if the first three folders contain the earlier tracks, I can start while it downloads.

:lol:

I would like to take credit for "grungy geese", but I can't. I suggested "greasy geese" (and two other possibilities that I forget), and after that, Khan responded that no, it is in fact "grungy geese".

I had a feeling it was actually Khan who also coined Grungy Geese, but I knew you had something to do with it.

Ah, thank you...

So was he calling me a grungy goose, or is it simply an expression of his feelings that I've screwed up/done something stupid/been an idiot/etc.?

Unless you've had some serious makeover since Friday night, I don't believe you look like a goose, and if you like grunge, I am not aware - so yes, I was expressing my sentiments of "nice going on disrupting the equilibrium of the closet". :.lol:

Ashley, shall I dare to tread where no Axver has gone before and listen to your DI list?

Though are your ZIP folders in order? i.e. does the first folder have the first tracks, and so on, or is it like Andrew's where they seemed less organised? Because I haven't downloaded the fourth folder yet, but if the first three folders contain the earlier tracks, I can start while it downloads.

I believe the first disc was completely contained in the first two zip folders, so, while they're kind of mixed up in there, having both of them should be ok. Or I could be wrong, and it's all mixed up between the four folders :reject: either way you *should* have enough songs to get started

:soscared:

Unless you've had some serious makeover since Friday night, I don't believe you look like a goose, and if you like grunge, I am not aware - so yes, I was expressing my sentiments of "nice going on disrupting the equilibrium of the closet". :.lol:

*checks for feathers*

*honk*

:wink:

HAHA! Everyone always points out the reason to fear my list = Meat Loaf

My work here is done.

Aww, is widdle Axy-waxy scareded of a bit of Meatloaf?? :cute:

... I don't know! :lol:

I enjoyed your list very much, Ashley! :up:

Yes, I am scared of his Meatloafiness "covering" (yes, yes, Ashley) a Celine Dion song!

HAHA! Everyone always points out the reason to fear my list = Meat Loaf

My work here is done.

Only because you made such a fuss of it yourself in the paragraph! I could just as easily have mentioned Simon and Garfunkel (awesome song) or Peter Gabriel or the Dresden Dolls or something. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom