The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nights in White Satin" was alright, but it just kept dragging on. The transition into "Stripped" was cool, but the little synth xylophone is annoying.

Not too big on "Principles of Lust" or the Indian song, but at least they sound good together.

Principles of Lust is like sexy music 101. :wink:

Oh, it most definitely was, just didn't like it too much, or like hearing it right now. I'm in a bit of a bad mood right now.

The Janet Jackson track is picking up where the last two tracks have left off. Apparently sexy lives in the early '90s. ;)

The Janet Jackson track is picking up where the last two tracks have left off. Apparently sexy lives in the early '90s. ;)

Dude, "sexy" seriously does live in the early to mid 90s! I was trying my best to avoid the usual 90s domination :lol: but there's just too many songs that qualified from that era!

Be glad he put on the short version. :lol:

Haha I only had the long version initially but no way was I gonna put that one in a sexy list with all the talking and stuff :crack: so I purposefully downloaded the short one!

There's plenty of that smooth R&B to draw from, that's for sure, but there's no definitive location for "sexy," it's where you make it! It could be raping whales murmuring from Earth or what have you, but at least it somewhere.

Okay, "Start Me Up" is one of those overplayed Stones tracks, but it's always great to hear. Mick Jagger's lyrical sexual euphemisms never fail to crack me up.

I've always loved "In the Cold, Cold Night." Great choice, but it does take a turn too slow after "Whole Lotta Love," methinks.

I know I'm going to like this going into "Sparks" though.

And I did.

"Sparks" is a nice little song; I miss unpretentious Coldplay.

It's probably one of the few (if not the only one) Coldplay songs that can be qualified as sexy. But I wanted some variety in my list instead of filling it up with pop and r&b.

I'm committing myself to finishing Pfan's list tonight.

It's probably one of the few (if not the only one) Coldplay songs that can be qualified as sexy. But I wanted some variety in my list instead of filling it up with pop and r&b.

I wouldn't say sexy, but it definitely has a romantic quality to it. More like someone yearning for someone else, instead of some awesomely overt lovemaking, you know?

I understand what you mean, I'm enjoying this change of pace here.

The sax in the Dire Straits track rocks... it may be my favorite instrument besides the piano or funky bass.

The sax moving onto the George Michael track was excellent; too bad I can't stand George Michael.

:lol:

Oh man, I like Careless Whisper.

:reject:

I figured that you did. :)

My mom plays this track all of the time in the car, so I'm pretty happy I have my own car now.

Zoots, even if I'm not enjoying all of the tracks, I think this is your best-constructed list so far.

Thanks! :yippie: I did put a lot of effort into it this time.

And it definitely shows. I'd say there's now 4 lists worth listening to now. My tongue is firmly in cheek here.

"Kiss from a Rose" was on my DI1 list... I've loved this song since I first heard it in '95/'96. Good times, Kindergarten.

Is that Kate Bush I hear in the background? The feminine mystique here is growing.

Thanks.

The Moby and Toni Braxton tracks are pretty cool and went well into each other.

The TLC track is laughably bad though, sorry.

Is it just me, or do a lot of Zoots' songs come from the 90's? :scratch: Probably just a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom